toolbox
Apr 24, 09:51 PM
When your booted into os x, go into system preferences find start up disk then click on the Macintosh HD icon ( it will tell you what OS is on the drive ) then click restart. That will set the boot order.
Or do a PRAM reset that will also clear it and default the OS X partition to be the start up one.
Or do a PRAM reset that will also clear it and default the OS X partition to be the start up one.
wilburdl
Nov 22, 12:19 AM
http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/bto/20061120/iPhone_270x409_270x409.jpg (Credit: Ministry of Tech)
That chill in the air means two things: the holidays are approaching, and the height of sports gambling season is upon us. The upcoming slate of college bowl games, the Super Bowl, and March Madness always warms the heart of even the casual gambler.
But this year, techies can get in on the fun. A sports betting site called Bodog.com is taking bets on the launch date for Apple's long-rumored iPhone. Bodog's using the money line system to gauge whether Apple will introduce the iPhone by the end of April or whether it will introduce the product at January's MacWorld conference.
For example, if you think Apple's going to launch the iPhone by April 30, you need to wager $150 to win $100. That means Bodog considers that likelihood as the favorite, while a launch after that date (or no launch) would win $110 on a $100 bet. Based on the odds quoted by Bodog, it's even more likely that Apple will annouce the "impending release" of the iPhone at January's MacWorld. A wager of $280 on that possibility is required to take home $100.
We think Bodog should consider additional wagers, such as: Will Steve Jobs come out at MacWorld wearing his traditional black mock turtleneck or something different, like the button-down shirt he sported at Apple's Showtime event earlier this year? But, as usual, nobody asked. Since nobody's asking for our sports picks either, Crave likes Ohio State over USC in the Fiesta Bowl, San Diego's high-powered offense exposing Rex Grossman and the Bears in the Super Bowl, and North Carolina to bring the hardware back to Chapel Hill.
source: http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9664161-1.html?tag=cnetfd.mt
That chill in the air means two things: the holidays are approaching, and the height of sports gambling season is upon us. The upcoming slate of college bowl games, the Super Bowl, and March Madness always warms the heart of even the casual gambler.
But this year, techies can get in on the fun. A sports betting site called Bodog.com is taking bets on the launch date for Apple's long-rumored iPhone. Bodog's using the money line system to gauge whether Apple will introduce the iPhone by the end of April or whether it will introduce the product at January's MacWorld conference.
For example, if you think Apple's going to launch the iPhone by April 30, you need to wager $150 to win $100. That means Bodog considers that likelihood as the favorite, while a launch after that date (or no launch) would win $110 on a $100 bet. Based on the odds quoted by Bodog, it's even more likely that Apple will annouce the "impending release" of the iPhone at January's MacWorld. A wager of $280 on that possibility is required to take home $100.
We think Bodog should consider additional wagers, such as: Will Steve Jobs come out at MacWorld wearing his traditional black mock turtleneck or something different, like the button-down shirt he sported at Apple's Showtime event earlier this year? But, as usual, nobody asked. Since nobody's asking for our sports picks either, Crave likes Ohio State over USC in the Fiesta Bowl, San Diego's high-powered offense exposing Rex Grossman and the Bears in the Super Bowl, and North Carolina to bring the hardware back to Chapel Hill.
source: http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9664161-1.html?tag=cnetfd.mt
HiVolt
Mar 23, 08:59 AM
Its funny how every position at Apple is either a Vice President or Senior Vice President of something... hehe..
Brinkman
Oct 14, 08:41 AM
Took this picture in Heidelberg Germany.
more...

neko girl
Mar 2, 04:33 PM
I've lost my faith. I thought we were #1.
http://globalsolutionsmnmirrorsite.webstarts.com/uploads/25K_Nukes_2010-US_and_Russia_own_96_percent.jpg
http://globalsolutionsmnmirrorsite.webstarts.com/uploads/25K_Nukes_2010-US_and_Russia_own_96_percent.jpg
glocke12
May 4, 05:07 PM
To torture a defenseless individual is sick and against human rights. To cheerlead the torture of defenseless individuals by others for your own sense of retribution is both sick and cowardly.
So, what do you call, and how do we handle the individual(s)who planned, and helped to plan the death of 3,000 + individuals on 9/11, the bombing of the U.S.S. Cole, the Bali nightclub bombings, and who knows how many more acts of terrorism?
Can you honestly sit there and tell me that when we have in custody a high profile leader such as K.S.M. who has intricate, first hand knowledge of a terrorist organization that we should not do all that we can to obtain as much information from this person as possible? I suppose your thinking (and those of many others here) is that he should have been given a trial by jury, sent to prison, and that we had no right to try and obtain information from him?
So, what do you call, and how do we handle the individual(s)who planned, and helped to plan the death of 3,000 + individuals on 9/11, the bombing of the U.S.S. Cole, the Bali nightclub bombings, and who knows how many more acts of terrorism?
Can you honestly sit there and tell me that when we have in custody a high profile leader such as K.S.M. who has intricate, first hand knowledge of a terrorist organization that we should not do all that we can to obtain as much information from this person as possible? I suppose your thinking (and those of many others here) is that he should have been given a trial by jury, sent to prison, and that we had no right to try and obtain information from him?
more...
Soulstorm
Mar 24, 07:07 AM
I have an airport express base station, that connects to a modem (NOT wireless) through firewire, which is connected to the internet.
Will PS3 work with airport express? Will I need to use a different router to make it work?
Will PS3 work with airport express? Will I need to use a different router to make it work?
bobbytallant
Apr 25, 02:53 AM
I have a black iPhone 4 but I am gonna list it on ebay and get the white one.
I'm gonna do this partly because I have wanted the white since day 1 and I want a change having had the black since launch... Doesn't sound logical to most I know but hey I don't care!
Secondly, having sold many iPhones on ebay, I know that the white versions sell well and when it comes to the time to sell again shortly before the iPhone 5 comes out (in say September) - the white will do better than the black would.
All in all I expect to pay around �80 for the switch from black to white and, as I say, I expect to get a better price for the white when it comes to sell in the future.
Still, a completely well thought out, illogical decision to most I know I know lol!
I'm gonna do this partly because I have wanted the white since day 1 and I want a change having had the black since launch... Doesn't sound logical to most I know but hey I don't care!
Secondly, having sold many iPhones on ebay, I know that the white versions sell well and when it comes to the time to sell again shortly before the iPhone 5 comes out (in say September) - the white will do better than the black would.
All in all I expect to pay around �80 for the switch from black to white and, as I say, I expect to get a better price for the white when it comes to sell in the future.
Still, a completely well thought out, illogical decision to most I know I know lol!
more...

BakedBeans
Nov 1, 04:36 AM
Ok i thought i would start this thread just so we can have a list of must have free apps, mainly for the newbies, but also for the oldbies to share the ones they already have...
my must haves are
LittleSnitch (http://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnitch/download.html) (alerts you to any connections trying to be made)
MacStumbler (http://www.macstumbler.com/)
(finds Wireless Networks)
MacTheRipper (http://www.wormintheapple.gr/macdvd/mtr.html)
and
Dvd2onex (http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/19238)
(this is for legal back-up ONLY, for more infomation on how to back-up things private message me)
onyX (http://www.boostware.com/os/mac.html)
(this is to optimize your system)
Anyone that would like to add some would be great
my must haves are
LittleSnitch (http://www.obdev.at/products/littlesnitch/download.html) (alerts you to any connections trying to be made)
MacStumbler (http://www.macstumbler.com/)
(finds Wireless Networks)
MacTheRipper (http://www.wormintheapple.gr/macdvd/mtr.html)
and
Dvd2onex (http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/19238)
(this is for legal back-up ONLY, for more infomation on how to back-up things private message me)
onyX (http://www.boostware.com/os/mac.html)
(this is to optimize your system)
Anyone that would like to add some would be great
AP_piano295
Mar 24, 07:59 AM
Yes, dressing like a slut is a freedom in the Western World. This however does not mean it is a good idea. A woman who dresses like a slut is advertising that the best thing about them is their body. I don't know about y'all, but I value more than looks so someone who dresses in such bad taste is clearly a thing to avoid.
On the other hand I go out of my way to help women who act and dress well because it is more conductive to business. Ever tried to conduct a business meeting where a woman shows up dress very promiscuously? Seems I'm the only one who can concentrate in those kinds of settings.
You do realize that all social interactions are not business transactions right? :rolleyes:
On the other hand I go out of my way to help women who act and dress well because it is more conductive to business. Ever tried to conduct a business meeting where a woman shows up dress very promiscuously? Seems I'm the only one who can concentrate in those kinds of settings.
You do realize that all social interactions are not business transactions right? :rolleyes:
more...
Fuchal
Apr 7, 08:32 AM
I got a weird bug. Sometimes my albums in the photos app go right to the top of the screen and show underneath the 'menubar' at the top so I can tap on it and open the first album in the list. If I pull it back down on the rubberband effect it still goes to the top of the screen?! I have to restart my phone for it to reset and its still hit and miss whether it works.
Same here, but you can close Photos from the multitasking bar to reset it.
Same here, but you can close Photos from the multitasking bar to reset it.
Hook'Em2006
Apr 1, 08:35 AM
Candace Swanepoel
more...
Nothlit
Mar 25, 02:32 PM
Google don't map the world either - they do the street map images, but if you look at Google Maps you'll see that the actual roads data comes from either Tele Atlas or Navteq. Those two companies sell their map sets to all the sat-nav companies too.
No need. Apple would just license the map data from either Navteq or Tele Atlas. The map data that Google uses at present is TeleAtlas (Especially for Europe).
Is this well-veiled sarcasm? If not, you guys are ridiculous.
1) Google does not own the mapping database they use
2) Even if they did, there are multiple geographic/mapping data providers
3) None of them obtained their data by having employees drive around in vehicles... That's an absurd suggestion
In the U.S., Google does own the map data (http://www.gpsreview.net/google-drops-tele-atlas/). For further confirmation, note that it says "Map data �2011 Google" in the footer when viewing U.S. maps, and says nothing whatsoever about TeleAtlas or Navteq (this is not the case for some other countries). They made this change back around October around the same time that the very first Google Maps Navigation app for Android was released.
Also, driving around (http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9809094-1.html?tag=mncol;title) to collect map data is absurd?
Let's say I'm driving in my car through a city. Every 20 yards a huge window pops up blocking the view onto whatever I do (mostly Google Maps because I try to find my way) just to tell me there are 5 new Wifi Hotspots in my vivcinity and I have to close it while I'm driving. This is the reason why I have to constantly go to Settings/Wifi/Off and then switch Wifi on again later.
I agree with you that the current iOS notifications system is terrible. But you do know you can keep Wi-Fi on and just turn off "Ask to Join Networks", right?
No need. Apple would just license the map data from either Navteq or Tele Atlas. The map data that Google uses at present is TeleAtlas (Especially for Europe).
Is this well-veiled sarcasm? If not, you guys are ridiculous.
1) Google does not own the mapping database they use
2) Even if they did, there are multiple geographic/mapping data providers
3) None of them obtained their data by having employees drive around in vehicles... That's an absurd suggestion
In the U.S., Google does own the map data (http://www.gpsreview.net/google-drops-tele-atlas/). For further confirmation, note that it says "Map data �2011 Google" in the footer when viewing U.S. maps, and says nothing whatsoever about TeleAtlas or Navteq (this is not the case for some other countries). They made this change back around October around the same time that the very first Google Maps Navigation app for Android was released.
Also, driving around (http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9809094-1.html?tag=mncol;title) to collect map data is absurd?
Let's say I'm driving in my car through a city. Every 20 yards a huge window pops up blocking the view onto whatever I do (mostly Google Maps because I try to find my way) just to tell me there are 5 new Wifi Hotspots in my vivcinity and I have to close it while I'm driving. This is the reason why I have to constantly go to Settings/Wifi/Off and then switch Wifi on again later.
I agree with you that the current iOS notifications system is terrible. But you do know you can keep Wi-Fi on and just turn off "Ask to Join Networks", right?
capvideo
Mar 23, 10:12 AM
Is it just me or does his right eye look odd? Is it a fake eye?
The science he�s leaving to work on is for the Office of Scientific Intelligence.
The science he�s leaving to work on is for the Office of Scientific Intelligence.
more...
Xgm541
May 6, 11:58 PM
Is it possible to share a windows itunes library over the internet so that my macbook would be able to connect to it while im at school?
ergdegdeg
Feb 21, 10:26 PM
See existing thread.
more...
MattyMac
Oct 31, 11:03 AM
Yeah, the whole 2G = 2nd Generation thing is getting old. Most people with any sense can discern 2G from 2GB, but that's assuming that most people have any sense, which sadly isn't the case.
(I don't get it; when people say they have a 120 Gigabyte Hard Drive in their computer, they always say "120GB," not "120G." So why get confused at "2G iPod?" It's simply confounding!)
Even with clarification, people still foul it up. I concur with recommending to referring to it as the G2 Shuffle, or even "new iPod shuffle" as Apple refers to it on their site.
I'd recommend naming it "clippy" but well... that would just start a whole new debacle!
:o
Anyway, even though I already have a 5G iPod (err... that's 5th Generation, or G5, or iPod Video) I might pick up one of these clippy ones. I could take it places where I fear to carry my larger & more expensive iPod. It would also make a great gift!
Yeah...this shuffle will be my 7th iPod:eek:
(I don't get it; when people say they have a 120 Gigabyte Hard Drive in their computer, they always say "120GB," not "120G." So why get confused at "2G iPod?" It's simply confounding!)
Even with clarification, people still foul it up. I concur with recommending to referring to it as the G2 Shuffle, or even "new iPod shuffle" as Apple refers to it on their site.
I'd recommend naming it "clippy" but well... that would just start a whole new debacle!
:o
Anyway, even though I already have a 5G iPod (err... that's 5th Generation, or G5, or iPod Video) I might pick up one of these clippy ones. I could take it places where I fear to carry my larger & more expensive iPod. It would also make a great gift!
Yeah...this shuffle will be my 7th iPod:eek:
Happybunny
Dec 1, 09:39 AM
http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv42/BornToMac_2009/Screenshot2010-12-01at90418AM.png
I'll go out on a limb here and say you are a fan of Marvel comic books.;)
I'll go out on a limb here and say you are a fan of Marvel comic books.;)
pmz
Apr 13, 05:02 PM
June, people. Count on it.
puma1552
Apr 24, 02:03 AM
^^^Would love an '06+ Z4, or better yet an '09+ for the retractable hardtop so I could get away with it year round.
What I'd also love, would be an A5:
http://www.turkhitbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/audi-a5.jpg
Expensive for a 2.0T, though. Used prices are quite high too due to the exclusivity.
What I'd also love, would be an A5:
http://www.turkhitbox.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/audi-a5.jpg
Expensive for a 2.0T, though. Used prices are quite high too due to the exclusivity.
iSaint
Dec 17, 06:41 PM
Moof!!!
JoeG4
Dec 25, 01:05 PM
Man some of you guys really got lucky hehee
I got a g2, a wacom and a nifty sweater which I prettyvmuch all picked out lol.. somehow we all pick our stuff iin my family because we're just that silly hehe.
merr christmas :)
I got a g2, a wacom and a nifty sweater which I prettyvmuch all picked out lol.. somehow we all pick our stuff iin my family because we're just that silly hehe.
merr christmas :)
Warbrain
Apr 4, 11:26 AM
Stop confusing the issue with facts and evidence. ;)
Blasphemy!
Blasphemy!
supafly1703
Jul 27, 09:46 AM
What if they made a high, fast I/O version of the drive so that you could run your entire OS from a BD-RW?
No comments:
Post a Comment