cmaier
Apr 4, 01:49 PM
Legally, if you make any kind of contract, you have to identify yourself.
No you don't.
Because the Financial Times wants it that way. The company offers its content to subscribers under certain conditions, and it is free do so. If the company should not be allowed to do that for the sake of consumer protection, then there should be laws to prohibit such practice. If you personally do not agree with the conditions of the subscription, then you are always free to decide not to subscribe. If it turns out that their decision keeps customers from subscribing, then they might choose to reconsider.
True. They can refuse to sell their news to anyone who wants to be anonymous. They can also refuse to sell their news to anyone who refuses to give them blood, name their firstborn Nancy, or any other legal condition they wish to impose.
That doesn't mean Apple is wrong for trying to prevent the use of their platform to facilitate the operation of such objectionable conditions precedent, and it doesn't mean that the FT business model, operating this way, is sustainable in the long term.
No you don't.
Because the Financial Times wants it that way. The company offers its content to subscribers under certain conditions, and it is free do so. If the company should not be allowed to do that for the sake of consumer protection, then there should be laws to prohibit such practice. If you personally do not agree with the conditions of the subscription, then you are always free to decide not to subscribe. If it turns out that their decision keeps customers from subscribing, then they might choose to reconsider.
True. They can refuse to sell their news to anyone who wants to be anonymous. They can also refuse to sell their news to anyone who refuses to give them blood, name their firstborn Nancy, or any other legal condition they wish to impose.
That doesn't mean Apple is wrong for trying to prevent the use of their platform to facilitate the operation of such objectionable conditions precedent, and it doesn't mean that the FT business model, operating this way, is sustainable in the long term.
Number10Shirt
Dec 26, 09:19 PM
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjf7iAuGN4Ai8SapWuIOrboBMj4G6urR5ymktIdk2XE-1ZQJlXf2pKD5KZRpmVijvVa0zEs0SozQi-_sm8ADsp_oYjX-tPcdCwvCqdIFrI-HF4gE1E_c33sZM2PpVUkmV5ouzr-RF8ag4Bh/s400/smallbatch_bookers_gr.jpg
Hisdem
Jul 31, 09:02 PM
Not August here yet but I already updated :)
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9342/screenshot20100731at110.png
http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/9342/screenshot20100731at110.png
mulo
Apr 17, 04:58 PM
My DP has been screwing around with Safari and for some reason I can't attach any of my screenshots, so I can't put any up� yet.
use a different browser?
use a different browser?
more...

TMay
Dec 2, 10:43 PM
"Aliens vs Predator Requiem" was edited on Final Cut. But that movie was terrible. Maybe it was Final Cut�s fault. ;)
But in all seriousness: I think a new Final Cut version is clearly overdue. FCS3 was more like a feature-patch for FCS2 than a new version. These days not having any kind of native AVCHD support really slows you down (and uses up a lot of storage space) particularly considering the DSLR-hype since 2009!
I remember a friend of mine who had bought a Panasonic HMC 150 (which is a professional camera) before FCS3 was released and was expecting native AVCHD in the next release. He has been waiting for this feature for almost two years now, while all the other big editing systems have had it for a while, as far as I know!
I'm into the casual AVCHD use like most consumers, and while my opinion doesn't count the same as most of the heavy editors commenting, Steve Jobs does tend to have a liking for "the river coming to us" as the best use of resources.
In that regard, and with Intel popping Sandy Bridge on the CES stage in January, AVC will get some much needed silicon on chip for encode/decode; the only codec to get that treatment. I doubt that this is anything but conincidence, as OpenCL / Grand Central are much more necessary for FCP's overhaul, but it strikes me that any Sandy Bridge processor in any Mac will by definition ease the AVCHD issues in all of Apple's video applications. Since AVCHD is in the core, one can imagine imagine that future Xeon processors should be quite suitable for AVCHD editing (it's my understanding that the AVCHD standard supports division of the frame into 4 chunks for multithreading).
I hope that this thread is still alive when FCP arrives and that further, there are commenters with with hands on use of the Panasonic AG-AF100 and Sony NEX video cameras supporting AVCHD and dslr lenses.
But in all seriousness: I think a new Final Cut version is clearly overdue. FCS3 was more like a feature-patch for FCS2 than a new version. These days not having any kind of native AVCHD support really slows you down (and uses up a lot of storage space) particularly considering the DSLR-hype since 2009!
I remember a friend of mine who had bought a Panasonic HMC 150 (which is a professional camera) before FCS3 was released and was expecting native AVCHD in the next release. He has been waiting for this feature for almost two years now, while all the other big editing systems have had it for a while, as far as I know!
I'm into the casual AVCHD use like most consumers, and while my opinion doesn't count the same as most of the heavy editors commenting, Steve Jobs does tend to have a liking for "the river coming to us" as the best use of resources.
In that regard, and with Intel popping Sandy Bridge on the CES stage in January, AVC will get some much needed silicon on chip for encode/decode; the only codec to get that treatment. I doubt that this is anything but conincidence, as OpenCL / Grand Central are much more necessary for FCP's overhaul, but it strikes me that any Sandy Bridge processor in any Mac will by definition ease the AVCHD issues in all of Apple's video applications. Since AVCHD is in the core, one can imagine imagine that future Xeon processors should be quite suitable for AVCHD editing (it's my understanding that the AVCHD standard supports division of the frame into 4 chunks for multithreading).
I hope that this thread is still alive when FCP arrives and that further, there are commenters with with hands on use of the Panasonic AG-AF100 and Sony NEX video cameras supporting AVCHD and dslr lenses.

daneoni
Mar 5, 06:10 AM
Are you in the UK or US?
more...
Tanto
Aug 15, 06:28 AM
http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/4672/screenshot20100731at415.png
Wallpaper found here (http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1885/wheatgreenish.jpg)
I like your dock icons, where did you get them?
Wallpaper found here (http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1885/wheatgreenish.jpg)
I like your dock icons, where did you get them?
ZenErik
Apr 7, 08:51 AM
Yes... it will probably break the JB... but that is your risk and your decision to JB. So, yes... my original post stands.
Except that I don't jailbreak my iPad. :p I do however work in an electronics repair shop, and we do jailbreaking/unlocking for customers sometimes. Apple is beating down the jailbreak community pretty well recently. It's a pain for me because it means lots of customers coming in complaining that their jailbreak/unlock is gone. ;)
Except that I don't jailbreak my iPad. :p I do however work in an electronics repair shop, and we do jailbreaking/unlocking for customers sometimes. Apple is beating down the jailbreak community pretty well recently. It's a pain for me because it means lots of customers coming in complaining that their jailbreak/unlock is gone. ;)
more...
dorqiekat
Feb 20, 03:54 AM
tetris!!!
Quinn 2.0
http://www.download.com/3000-2278-10294416.html
Quinn 2.0
http://www.download.com/3000-2278-10294416.html
groovebuster
Jul 28, 02:06 AM
Actually this has been proved wrong. As long as your careful, keep them in a good tempered area they'll be fine. I still have some of my original CDs and DVDs that I burned that work fine - of course it doesn't hurt to backup those discs though. Scratching them is easy. ;)
Tell me about it! :rolleyes:
Many of the CDs I burned before 2000 are coasters by now. And they were handeled with extreme care... No UV light and room temperature. I was so stupid to believe the industry claims of '100 years longevity' and used them for archiving my projects.
Now a big part of my 90's projects is lost and I will never get them back. Redundant HD-Backups are the way to go. CDs and DVDs I only use anymore for transporting data (blanks are cheap, they then can stay at their destination) or when I have to hand out a copy of a project to a customer. And of course for music and movies in order to be compatible to the rest of the world. But I would never again archive my projects on any DVD or CD. Too risky...
Blue-Ray as well as HD-DVD are not interesting at all for me at the moment, so I couldn't care less if they are incorporated in the upcoming Mac Pros...
Maybe that changes when the prices come down and HDTV finally gets into a stage where it actually really works flawlessly. Since I am not that big of a TV fan anyway, I don't see the need for it... When HDTV equipment costs as much as the 'normal' equipment these days and my current CRT-TV imploded, I might maybe consider it buying that stuff... Until then I have all I need to be happy...
groovebuster
Tell me about it! :rolleyes:
Many of the CDs I burned before 2000 are coasters by now. And they were handeled with extreme care... No UV light and room temperature. I was so stupid to believe the industry claims of '100 years longevity' and used them for archiving my projects.
Now a big part of my 90's projects is lost and I will never get them back. Redundant HD-Backups are the way to go. CDs and DVDs I only use anymore for transporting data (blanks are cheap, they then can stay at their destination) or when I have to hand out a copy of a project to a customer. And of course for music and movies in order to be compatible to the rest of the world. But I would never again archive my projects on any DVD or CD. Too risky...
Blue-Ray as well as HD-DVD are not interesting at all for me at the moment, so I couldn't care less if they are incorporated in the upcoming Mac Pros...
Maybe that changes when the prices come down and HDTV finally gets into a stage where it actually really works flawlessly. Since I am not that big of a TV fan anyway, I don't see the need for it... When HDTV equipment costs as much as the 'normal' equipment these days and my current CRT-TV imploded, I might maybe consider it buying that stuff... Until then I have all I need to be happy...
groovebuster
more...
number9
Apr 13, 11:23 AM
As someone is sure to have said already, maybe this just means they won't be making the screen any bigger, and will just be using the same panel. Maybe all of these "edge to edge" screen rumors just mean that the phone will actually shrink in width or height?
KarlJay
Apr 19, 03:29 AM
I've just started checking out the Lynda.com training videos for Xcode 4 / ObjC
They are very well done, and start pretty entry level. I haven't seen anything specific to the iPhone, but looks like a good setup for someone getting into Xcode4 and ObjC.
I'll check later to see if they have something specific to iPhone dev.
Well worth looking into.
They are very well done, and start pretty entry level. I haven't seen anything specific to the iPhone, but looks like a good setup for someone getting into Xcode4 and ObjC.
I'll check later to see if they have something specific to iPhone dev.
Well worth looking into.
more...
Hummer
Dec 26, 10:46 PM
Bought!
steerpikegg
Apr 2, 05:13 PM
Every home should have one - :D Kindle TV Unveiled (http://www.kuforum.co.uk/kindleusersforum/thread-2255.html)
more...
Jonasgold
Apr 4, 01:44 PM
For which FT allows you to opt out.
I prefer to opt-in instead of opt-out.
I prefer to opt-in instead of opt-out.
tjb1
Feb 12, 06:53 PM
I would restore it, jailbreak with greenpoison, download the firmware you are using from http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/ to use in redsnow and just install cydia only.
more...

8CoreWhore
Apr 12, 07:23 PM
http://www.apple.com/finalcutstudio/whats-new.html
Should be announced at 7P Pacific Time?
Why does it say "NEW" on the above page?
Should be announced at 7P Pacific Time?
Why does it say "NEW" on the above page?
ifjake
Sep 30, 11:14 AM
"The Mac is a resurgent platform."
sweet.
For a while I was thinking that the only dent Apple could make was primarily in the individual consumer market. But this news along with checking out some of the new upcoming features for Leopard server makes me change my mind. 2007 and all it will bring to the Mac platform will be an interesting year for sure.
sweet.
For a while I was thinking that the only dent Apple could make was primarily in the individual consumer market. But this news along with checking out some of the new upcoming features for Leopard server makes me change my mind. 2007 and all it will bring to the Mac platform will be an interesting year for sure.
Ann P
Dec 9, 04:20 PM
link to orginal pls
Here you go: http://mrfolder.deviantart.com/#/d33xg1w
Here you go: http://mrfolder.deviantart.com/#/d33xg1w
ECUpirate44
May 5, 06:21 PM
Try resetting and updating the firmware on the router.
damperzero
Apr 25, 06:02 PM
Some people will want to wait for the 5. Some, need a phone now, and happen to like the white. Some people will like the white so much that they will pay extra for it. You get to make your own decisions regarding the matter - including the right to not buy a smartphone at all. Why all the hatin'? :)
Mackilroy
Apr 7, 12:56 AM
Now that's pretty cool.
solace
Oct 9, 03:15 PM
the 'Nearby' feature with the map is amazing :eek:
Vee_dub
May 5, 07:51 AM
I had the same problem earlier this week. I'm running 4.3.2 and downloaded Clear Folder Themes from Cydia and it worked great. Hope this helps.
No comments:
Post a Comment