Sunday, May 29, 2011

Soundtrack Saturday: Dreams Money Can Buy


Dreams Money Can BuyI'm not sure how i've managed to go all this time without doing a Drake song for SS (and yes, i DO know that today is in fact, sunday) but I'm glad to be doing one now. my itunes is very top 40, but i do like some darker more meaningful music too. drake is one of my favourite artists and he's actually the one who made me appreciate rap music. even before i got hooked on my girl nicki.


in any case. this set is based on his recently released/leaked? song, dreams money can buy. it's a slightly different sound than his album, but it's really close to the so far gone mixtape that made me fall in love with him in the first place. this song is pretty much everything that made me love drake. it's a little more understated and it's quieter, simpler. a perfect blend of rap and R&B.


this is the kind of song that makes me just close my eyes and feel the music. i got this really strong image of just sitting on the stoop with huge retro headphones and chilling out. not that i have or have ever had a stoop to sit on... but in any case, the image made me feel that coloured denim was pretty much a necessity. after that rest of the outfit was pretty easy to come by. i had a pretty hard time deciding so i chose denim in the most fun colours, and crop tops that matched my musical personality. my favourite part though was choosing the dunks to go with everything. i've never been much of a sneaker person, but i like bright colours and being on a hip-hop team for 2 years gave me a fondness for dunks.(my favourites are the purple/black pair above the orange denim)


the headphones were of course required, and i'm DYING for a pair of beats. i'm not sure that i'm happy with the chain that i chose, but it isn't terrible, and it's not like i actually have to wear it! i chose basic silver hoops for earrings, since i didn't think anything too fancy would mesh well with crop tops and dunks... 


i AM very excited about the rings i chose however. i'm a bit a ring fiend, and the yellow gold ring is gorgeous, (which it better be at $13,000) and so are the other two rings. i especially love the 'doll' ring, because it strikes me as the perfect balance of sassy, kickass and demure :)


but what about you? how does this song translate into fashion for you? do you listen to drake? what song makes you want to sit on your stoop and just take in the music? let me know in the comments below!






No comments:

Post a Comment