
Queen Josephine
June 18th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Boy, you really get up early! I'm still in bed when the sun's rising :p With that said, pretty much all comments have been covered already. The rainbow pic, well, it's like a woman Cox.... it has curves that need to be nudged, and it becomes a different creature! (Did I actually say that!?) I really like the little clump of flowering weeds or whatever they are in the lower right and of course I downloaded them and played with them. The second one, I tried it as Anders suggested, cropping, and again, nudging the curves. Both benefit from just a smidgen of post processing, but the second one becomes a very dramatic photo. Great lighting.
immiusa
09-13 12:12 PM
Hello,
This is my opinion and I am not a lawyer.
I do not think usa consulate can track spouse unless otherwise specified/applied for H4. Since you both have individual work permits. You will appearing like an individual. So, there will be no questions regarding spouse status.
Regarding your H1b deniel laster year. I have not heard of such cases. But one thing. USA consulate can ask for more evidence regarding the job offer in USA. They may even say that your job offer do not seem valid.
This is my opinion and I am not a lawyer.
I do not think usa consulate can track spouse unless otherwise specified/applied for H4. Since you both have individual work permits. You will appearing like an individual. So, there will be no questions regarding spouse status.
Regarding your H1b deniel laster year. I have not heard of such cases. But one thing. USA consulate can ask for more evidence regarding the job offer in USA. They may even say that your job offer do not seem valid.
akhilmahajan
04-11 03:19 PM
Updating profile should fill up your information in the tracker.
Will make a not of it.
Thanks a lot.
GO IV GO
Will make a not of it.
Thanks a lot.
GO IV GO
ItIsNotFunny
10-23 03:57 PM
Hi,
My mother-in-law is coming to US on 2nd Dec on a one-way ticket, she will be going back around March 09 i.e. in almost 4 months.
As we dont know abt the dates as such of return so we have booked a one-way ticket from India to US.
Will there be any problem due to that at port of entry?
Do she also need to carry travel insurance along with her?
Thanks in advance.
First of all how did she buy one way ticket. Most IATA makes sure that temporary visa don't get one way ticket.
There are good amount of chances (intend to immigrate) at port.
My mother-in-law is coming to US on 2nd Dec on a one-way ticket, she will be going back around March 09 i.e. in almost 4 months.
As we dont know abt the dates as such of return so we have booked a one-way ticket from India to US.
Will there be any problem due to that at port of entry?
Do she also need to carry travel insurance along with her?
Thanks in advance.
First of all how did she buy one way ticket. Most IATA makes sure that temporary visa don't get one way ticket.
There are good amount of chances (intend to immigrate) at port.
more...
senthil
07-26 01:53 PM
wow this was really fast. can u furnish some details like
country / EB category / PD etc for our info. good luck
country / EB category / PD etc for our info. good luck
dpp
01-07 08:25 PM
B. Provisions in Cases of Revocation of the Approved Form I-140
Subject: Guidance for Processing Form I-485 in Accordance with Section 106(c) of AC21
As discussed above, if an alien is the beneficiary of an approved Form I-140 and is also the beneficiary of a Form I-485 that has been pending 180 days or longer, then the approved Form I-140 remains valid with respect to a new offer of employment under the flexibility provisions of �106(c) of AC21.
Accordingly, if the employer withdraws the approved Form I-140 on or after the date that the Form I-485 has been pending 180 days, the approved Form I-140 shall remain valid under the provisions of �106(c) of AC21. It is expected that the alien will have submitted evidence to the office having jurisdiction over the pending Form I-485 that the new offer of employment is in the same or similar occupational classification as the offer of employment for which the petition was filed. Accordingly, if the underlying approved Form I-140 is withdrawn, and the alien has not submitted evidence of a new qualifying offer of employment, the adjudicating officer must issue a Notice of Intent to Deny the pending Form I-485. See 8 CFR 103.2(b)(16)(i). If the evidence of a new qualifying offer of employment submitted in response to the Notice of Intent to Deny is timely filed and it appears that the alien has a new offer of employment in the same or similar occupation, the BCIS may consider the approved Form I-140 to remain valid with respect to the new offer of employment and may continue regular processing of the Form I-485. If the applicant responds to the Notice of Intent to Deny, but has not established that the new offer of employment is in the same or similar occupation, the adjudicating officer may immediately deny the Form I-485. If the alien does not respond or fails to timely respond to the Notice of Intent to Deny, the adjudicating officer may immediately deny the Form I-485.
If approval of the Form I-140 is revoked or the Form I-140 is withdrawn before the alien’s Form I-485 has been pending 180 days, the approved Form I-140 is no longer valid with respect to a new offer of employment and the Form I-485 may be denied. If at any time the BCIS revokes approval of the Form I-140 based on fraud, the alien will not be eligible for the job flexibility provisions of �106(c) of AC21 and the adjudicating officer may, in his or her discretion, deny the attached Form I-485 immediately. In all cases an offer of employment must have been bona fide, and the employer must have had the intent, at the time the Form I-140 was approved, to employ the beneficiary upon adjustment. It should be noted that there is no requirement in statute or regulations that a beneficiary of a Form I-140 actually be in the underlying employment until permanent residence is authorized. Therefore, it is possible for an alien to qualify for the provisions of �106(c) of AC21 even if he or she has never been employed by the prior petitioning employer or the subsequent employer under section 204(j) of the Act.
Subject: Guidance for Processing Form I-485 in Accordance with Section 106(c) of AC21
As discussed above, if an alien is the beneficiary of an approved Form I-140 and is also the beneficiary of a Form I-485 that has been pending 180 days or longer, then the approved Form I-140 remains valid with respect to a new offer of employment under the flexibility provisions of �106(c) of AC21.
Accordingly, if the employer withdraws the approved Form I-140 on or after the date that the Form I-485 has been pending 180 days, the approved Form I-140 shall remain valid under the provisions of �106(c) of AC21. It is expected that the alien will have submitted evidence to the office having jurisdiction over the pending Form I-485 that the new offer of employment is in the same or similar occupational classification as the offer of employment for which the petition was filed. Accordingly, if the underlying approved Form I-140 is withdrawn, and the alien has not submitted evidence of a new qualifying offer of employment, the adjudicating officer must issue a Notice of Intent to Deny the pending Form I-485. See 8 CFR 103.2(b)(16)(i). If the evidence of a new qualifying offer of employment submitted in response to the Notice of Intent to Deny is timely filed and it appears that the alien has a new offer of employment in the same or similar occupation, the BCIS may consider the approved Form I-140 to remain valid with respect to the new offer of employment and may continue regular processing of the Form I-485. If the applicant responds to the Notice of Intent to Deny, but has not established that the new offer of employment is in the same or similar occupation, the adjudicating officer may immediately deny the Form I-485. If the alien does not respond or fails to timely respond to the Notice of Intent to Deny, the adjudicating officer may immediately deny the Form I-485.
If approval of the Form I-140 is revoked or the Form I-140 is withdrawn before the alien’s Form I-485 has been pending 180 days, the approved Form I-140 is no longer valid with respect to a new offer of employment and the Form I-485 may be denied. If at any time the BCIS revokes approval of the Form I-140 based on fraud, the alien will not be eligible for the job flexibility provisions of �106(c) of AC21 and the adjudicating officer may, in his or her discretion, deny the attached Form I-485 immediately. In all cases an offer of employment must have been bona fide, and the employer must have had the intent, at the time the Form I-140 was approved, to employ the beneficiary upon adjustment. It should be noted that there is no requirement in statute or regulations that a beneficiary of a Form I-140 actually be in the underlying employment until permanent residence is authorized. Therefore, it is possible for an alien to qualify for the provisions of �106(c) of AC21 even if he or she has never been employed by the prior petitioning employer or the subsequent employer under section 204(j) of the Act.
more...
Bytes4Lunch
03-11 11:46 AM
Please go through the following thread. This is recent:
http://murthyforum.atinfopop.com/4/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1024039761&f=4724019812&m=1571077951
Please note ravel's experience with consulate in regards to travel on AP in case H1b visa is pending. This is coming straight from VO at the consulate.
Most attorneys are of the view that one can use the AP to travel back in to the US even though his/her H1B visa stamping is delayed/denied
Read Attorney Sheela Murthy's take on this at http://murthy.com/Chatdb.asp?Search=advance%20parole&Type=h1b&page=3 (I have pasted it below from the website)
Question: Hello, Sheelaji. If one had both an H1B and advance parole at the consulate abroad and the H1B visa gets rejected, can one enter the U.S. on advance parole? Thank you.
Answer: Yes, a person is allowed to enter on the AP unless the H1B denial was based on fraud or a security concern. In most cases, there is no problem, and the consulate returns the PP to the person who can then enter on the AP even if the H1B visa stamp is denied or delayed. Jul-19-2004.
http://murthyforum.atinfopop.com/4/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=1024039761&f=4724019812&m=1571077951
Please note ravel's experience with consulate in regards to travel on AP in case H1b visa is pending. This is coming straight from VO at the consulate.
Most attorneys are of the view that one can use the AP to travel back in to the US even though his/her H1B visa stamping is delayed/denied
Read Attorney Sheela Murthy's take on this at http://murthy.com/Chatdb.asp?Search=advance%20parole&Type=h1b&page=3 (I have pasted it below from the website)
Question: Hello, Sheelaji. If one had both an H1B and advance parole at the consulate abroad and the H1B visa gets rejected, can one enter the U.S. on advance parole? Thank you.
Answer: Yes, a person is allowed to enter on the AP unless the H1B denial was based on fraud or a security concern. In most cases, there is no problem, and the consulate returns the PP to the person who can then enter on the AP even if the H1B visa stamp is denied or delayed. Jul-19-2004.
hsingh82
03-12 09:50 PM
Congrats!! I can just feel your excitement in the title!
more...
dfwhunt
05-22 11:54 AM
Yes, if they can file their 485 after June10..there will be certainely some more movement of PDs...
rockstart
09-08 10:48 AM
I tried and it worked. First time the call did not go through but second time it worked. Thanks for the info. Free is always sweet.
more...
ArkBird
06-24 06:07 PM
Even though your wife is not taking salary, if she is owner of the business, she is considered "paid". In the worse case scenario, your wife will have to stop working till you get EAD or you can use protection 245(k) i.e. illegal employment for less than 180 days.
If it is VERY critical, I suggest consulting a lawyer as most of what we post on this forums is personal knowledge and may not be the actual law! :)
Cheers
ArkBird
Hi all,
We applied for my wife's and mine EAD on April 27th (paper based)
I got the receipt notice on 05/08/2010 and checks were cashed on 05/08/2010
I am okay, because I am on H1B, my wife has a business and employs 2 people full time.
She doesn't draw any salary from the business, except she has business on her name and the accounts on her name as well.
Additionally , she has a valid H4 as well.
I know its too early to panic, but if I didnt get her EAd card by July 31st, are we in trouble
Pls reply
Thanks in advance
If it is VERY critical, I suggest consulting a lawyer as most of what we post on this forums is personal knowledge and may not be the actual law! :)
Cheers
ArkBird
Hi all,
We applied for my wife's and mine EAD on April 27th (paper based)
I got the receipt notice on 05/08/2010 and checks were cashed on 05/08/2010
I am okay, because I am on H1B, my wife has a business and employs 2 people full time.
She doesn't draw any salary from the business, except she has business on her name and the accounts on her name as well.
Additionally , she has a valid H4 as well.
I know its too early to panic, but if I didnt get her EAd card by July 31st, are we in trouble
Pls reply
Thanks in advance
coolguy76
01-03 04:50 PM
Can someone please clarify
i know there is always risk involved ....
If we have EVL from any employer with exact same title/ job description in that case we can work on any title / any job description ????
i know there is always risk involved ....
If we have EVL from any employer with exact same title/ job description in that case we can work on any title / any job description ????
more...
ags123
07-26 06:23 PM
Per Lawyers response both AOS and CP are possible. When I mentioned 180 days the lawyer mentioned it is 2 yrs not 180 days for follow to join.
As long as marriage is before 485 it can be applied.
My question is where to file and I am going to go with Nebraska for now as I cant conclusively get any official source which says chicago lock box.
A
As long as marriage is before 485 it can be applied.
My question is where to file and I am going to go with Nebraska for now as I cant conclusively get any official source which says chicago lock box.
A
Img
10-19 08:20 AM
Apparantly checks are not accpted any more.
C. Personal Check in Mail:
Begining Oct 18 2007, we are not accepting paper checks in the mail for an indefinate amount of time. If you have already sent the check before Oct 18 2007, we will accept it and encash it. Please contribute funds electronically using the Paypal or Google checkout links above. Thank you for your contributions and sorry for the inconvenience.
RK
C. Personal Check in Mail:
Begining Oct 18 2007, we are not accepting paper checks in the mail for an indefinate amount of time. If you have already sent the check before Oct 18 2007, we will accept it and encash it. Please contribute funds electronically using the Paypal or Google checkout links above. Thank you for your contributions and sorry for the inconvenience.
RK
more...
gc2
09-23 06:45 AM
bump...
hebron
08-10 12:25 PM
Thank you my_gc_wait and amitkhare77 for your suggestions.
One last question to amitkhare77, how long did it take after you joined your new employer to file EB2.
One last question to amitkhare77, how long did it take after you joined your new employer to file EB2.
more...
cgs
03-15 08:10 AM
Can you explain?
And finally, I hope whoever you referred did get a full disclosure from you that you might be compensated for the referral :-)
And finally, I hope whoever you referred did get a full disclosure from you that you might be compensated for the referral :-)
manand24
08-03 12:14 PM
Why is it that people who have filed after me have already received their notice and had checks cashed? I thought it is based on when the application is received is how they process- I am freaking out thinking that my application fell behind a desk somewhere....
Wonder what is going on at USCIS? A July 2nd filer with neither receipts nor cashed checks.
Wonder what is going on at USCIS? A July 2nd filer with neither receipts nor cashed checks.
nortam1
09-17 04:15 PM
My receipts say the same...
Anybody knows what it is?
Anybody knows what it is?
pd_recapturing
06-20 05:51 PM
If my I 140 approval notice does not have A#, what does it mean? How come, lots of ppl have A# on the I140 approval notice but a few like me dont have? Any idea, what should I fill for A# in 485 forms?
centaur
07-28 04:18 PM
:)
One more expert...:D
One more expert...:D
No comments:
Post a Comment