ksgant
Mar 23, 01:32 PM
I was always under the impression that it was Avie Tevanian that was the brains behind NeXT and OS X, even though he left Apple in 2006.
zephonic
Apr 27, 01:21 PM
So I found these on Intel's site, but I assume these are not the Sandybridge Xeons that everyone is saying will be in the next MacPros? What's the difference?
http://ark.intel.com/MySearch.aspx?s=t&CodeNameText=Sandy%20Bridge&Sockets=1155
http://ark.intel.com/MySearch.aspx?s=t&CodeNameText=Sandy%20Bridge&Sockets=1155
Moyank24
Apr 26, 09:56 PM
No straight man in their right mind would find lesbian sex detestable...
Well, apparently Aduntu isn't in his right mind.
Well, apparently Aduntu isn't in his right mind.
Grakkle
Nov 20, 10:32 PM
But that is the problem. Instant messaging has been on phones for over two years. Why would they want to sell a phone on instant messaging if everybody pretty much already has a phone with IM already? There's no reason to buy it if they're going to advertise a feature people already have it on their phones.
And how exactly is IM faster than texting?
Yes, especially on the tiny keypad on a phone? At best, the iPhone might have a slid-out keypad, which won't make IM-ing any faster than texting.
And how exactly is IM faster than texting?
Yes, especially on the tiny keypad on a phone? At best, the iPhone might have a slid-out keypad, which won't make IM-ing any faster than texting.
more...
Full of Win
Apr 25, 01:06 AM
I was beginning to worry about you. Your recent posts were not annoying in the least. Glad to see you're still you. :)
Reason it isn't a disgrace: The white enclosure apparently was causing trouble with the camera due to light leakage. You would most likely be calling that disgraceful if they had indeed released a 500$ phone with that rather huge flaw, so I guess they can't win.
I know the reason, or the supposed reason (who knows, Apple has been as tight lipped as ever on the issue) . If true, its a disgrace it made it to the keynote presentation, without the issue being identified or a reasonable fix found. I don't care how you square it - being 10 months late for a device who has an average life of 12 months is utter incompetence and hence disgraceful.
Hats off for Apple sticking to it, but that does not take away from the fact that they should never have made the promise w/o a better understanding of production issues. The iPhone 4 design has been around since at least January per spy shots of the iPad before release. So, its not as if the design was so new that they could claim there was no time to identify the issue until after the June 2010 keynote by Steve Jobs.
Reason it isn't a disgrace: The white enclosure apparently was causing trouble with the camera due to light leakage. You would most likely be calling that disgraceful if they had indeed released a 500$ phone with that rather huge flaw, so I guess they can't win.
I know the reason, or the supposed reason (who knows, Apple has been as tight lipped as ever on the issue) . If true, its a disgrace it made it to the keynote presentation, without the issue being identified or a reasonable fix found. I don't care how you square it - being 10 months late for a device who has an average life of 12 months is utter incompetence and hence disgraceful.
Hats off for Apple sticking to it, but that does not take away from the fact that they should never have made the promise w/o a better understanding of production issues. The iPhone 4 design has been around since at least January per spy shots of the iPad before release. So, its not as if the design was so new that they could claim there was no time to identify the issue until after the June 2010 keynote by Steve Jobs.
Killyp
Oct 15, 03:03 AM
Front cover of Massive Attack's 100th Window.
more...
(marc)
Apr 25, 05:28 AM
The white model looks far worse than the black model. Apple should have used the 3G design anyway, it was way better than the iPhone 4's design...
Mr. Retrofire
Apr 6, 10:31 PM
How much is that?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peta-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peta-
more...
cytoxyn
Oct 9, 04:09 PM
just pinch in/out on the map to search a certain radius.
i know but i want a default larger area to cover since i live in a rural area
i know but i want a default larger area to cover since i live in a rural area
BillyShears
Oct 31, 12:11 PM
I wonder if the Shuffle will ever have more than 2 gigabytes. It's form factor seems to limit it, not because there'll never 2 gigabyte storage that small (there will), but because you can't select songs. I wonder how useful a 10 gig Shuffle would be. (Maybe it would be useful... since I don't listen to music on "shuffle" very often, it doesn't appeal to me, so maybe I'm missing something.)
But on the other hand, what can Apple do? They won't be able to make it much smaller (still needs controls and headphone jack).
That leaves them with the only option being to make it cheaper.
Feature-wise, I guess wireless syncing, as it gets smaller the dock is going to be smaller and smaller (the current version looks flimsy, like it wouldn't stand up or something.) But there's not much you can do with something with no screen.
They have to do one (or more) of the following:
more...

free valentines day desktop

funny valentines day poems
more...

valentines day poems for

Love Poems . valentine-day-
more...

friends Fathers Day Poems

happy valentines day poems for
more...

valentines poems for friends

funny valentines day poems for

printable valentines day
But on the other hand, what can Apple do? They won't be able to make it much smaller (still needs controls and headphone jack).
That leaves them with the only option being to make it cheaper.
Feature-wise, I guess wireless syncing, as it gets smaller the dock is going to be smaller and smaller (the current version looks flimsy, like it wouldn't stand up or something.) But there's not much you can do with something with no screen.
They have to do one (or more) of the following:
more...
jholzner
Sep 26, 08:42 PM
Very nice. Can't wait 'till it's live. My sub. renews in about two weeks or so. I wish they'd give iWeb to .Mac subscribers.
guroth
Jul 11, 03:11 AM
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/3897/img0468ns0.th.jpg (http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0468ns0.jpg) http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/3158/img0469yz2.th.jpg (http://img411.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0469yz2.jpg) http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7306/img0470cy4.th.jpg (http://img401.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0470cy4.jpg)
more...
mymemory
Feb 14, 12:28 PM
Just to let know everybody that i just sent my first complain about edesignuk as a moderator.
Consultant
May 2, 05:06 PM
It's all perspective. The biceps are closer to the camera than the hands. This is why, when taking pictures of fish, you always extend your arms toward the camera.
Thanks, but hint: smily means it's a joke.
Thanks, but hint: smily means it's a joke.
more...
Qwest905
Dec 8, 11:35 AM
my 27" imac desktop
finally got it setup to my liking..thanks to everyone for the help on the geektool
http://i53.tinypic.com/2m7eoll.png
finally got it setup to my liking..thanks to everyone for the help on the geektool
http://i53.tinypic.com/2m7eoll.png
McGiord
May 1, 11:35 AM
all i know if they let you store video and music they better offer gobs of space or it wont work for me i have Well over 500 GB of iTunes purchases and my total media lib it nearing 2TB i would pay for this service if it offers streaming... after a recent close call with my Drobo and thanks to apple to letting me redownload all my purchases from the dawn of time i lost only a few hundred GB of data however my main machine is an iMac that has a 3TB drive and backing up to my drobo after i hit 3TB i dont know what to do or where to store it all and back it up.
is anyone else running in to this problem
Just buy external hard drives and do they traditional backups.
is anyone else running in to this problem
Just buy external hard drives and do they traditional backups.
more...
Joewebster
Dec 9, 05:33 PM
sorry about the quality, not sure what happened when I resized.
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4227/picture1oo.png
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/4227/picture1oo.png
manueld
Feb 10, 11:56 AM
UGH. Been getting this damn error for the past couple of hours:
F932: We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are conducting maintenance which prevents us from updating your account information. Please retry your transaction again in one hour.
F932: We apologize for the inconvenience, but we are conducting maintenance which prevents us from updating your account information. Please retry your transaction again in one hour.
edesignuk
Aug 13, 06:03 PM
I like it, it'd drive me nuts after a while, but I do like it...
charlituna
Apr 25, 12:56 AM
Apple really wants to squeeze out all potential sales of the iPhone 4 up until the last minute because they lost big time in 3GS sales for nearly 2 months after the leaked/stolen iPhone 4 incident.
Actually the leak probably didn't cost them many if any sales. After two summers of new iphones coming out most folks were probably not buying on the assumption that last summer would be the same. And would have made that assumption without the leak.
Just like this year they are making that assumption (cause most of them don't read the blogs to know about the whole Sept rumor) and aren't buying unless they absolutely have to
Actually the leak probably didn't cost them many if any sales. After two summers of new iphones coming out most folks were probably not buying on the assumption that last summer would be the same. And would have made that assumption without the leak.
Just like this year they are making that assumption (cause most of them don't read the blogs to know about the whole Sept rumor) and aren't buying unless they absolutely have to
Chrysaor
Oct 9, 08:55 PM
Its a nice app, but way overrated.
FaasNat
Oct 6, 02:04 PM
Here's hoping Safari implements some sort of cookie manager and popup window blocker perferences similar to how Firefox's are.
Kebabselector
Jan 10, 05:06 PM
Reminds me, must get my old Passat looked at. Needs a service anyway - they can look at the brake failure message i'm getting (probably a sensor as it only happens when cold and turning left!)
Anyway as for the new US model, looks like a bit of the current Polo/Golf styling (EU models anyway - not sure about US versions of them) is going on. Not too sure if I like it, however as I've not got the money and I live on another continent it's not an issue at the moment.
Anyway as for the new US model, looks like a bit of the current Polo/Golf styling (EU models anyway - not sure about US versions of them) is going on. Not too sure if I like it, however as I've not got the money and I live on another continent it's not an issue at the moment.
Metatron
Sep 27, 01:22 AM
sad that old people dont want their children having sex when they are both old enough, or sad that those two are haveing sex?
Both. I won't pass judgement or defend that because the gov't sees someones as an adult that they are wise enough to make responsible decisions. What I personally think could matter less.
Simply put, he might be an adult, great, but if you live under my roof and I don't want you to do something you will not do it, or you will leave. Your an adult right? So provide for yourself.
A person can be old in age and have no wisdom. And I haven't heard of any wise young men, but I do know a few old wise men.
Both. I won't pass judgement or defend that because the gov't sees someones as an adult that they are wise enough to make responsible decisions. What I personally think could matter less.
Simply put, he might be an adult, great, but if you live under my roof and I don't want you to do something you will not do it, or you will leave. Your an adult right? So provide for yourself.
A person can be old in age and have no wisdom. And I haven't heard of any wise young men, but I do know a few old wise men.
No comments:
Post a Comment