iMeowbot
Nov 30, 10:37 AM
Else why is Virgin Megastore and HMV still around?
The US branch of HMV didn't survive either.
The US branch of HMV didn't survive either.
FreeState
May 2, 10:18 PM
It's not. Risky male to female sex is also excluded (sleeping with anyone involved in the sex industry). It's a question of exposure to mixing blood, and thus communicating disease. Statistically, Male to Male sex increases that risk...
...The issue is that male to male sex by its very nature has a higher chance of passing on certain diseases than male to female. Risky male to female is also excluded (if you have slept with a prostitute or been in countries with high levels of disease)...
Arrgh! You cited the tamest statistic from the CDC article. Here are the others: 20% of gay men are HIV positive and 44% don't know it.
THAT is why the question is asked. As a future possible recipient of blood, I'm glad they ask it.
The question asked of heterosexuals =/= asked gay and bisexual men. The risk factor for straight people is risky sex, the risk factor asked for gay men is not risky sex, but sex at all - even once. Its not the same thing. If there was no bigotry behind the question it would be raised this way to all, no matter what orientation "have you had unprotected sex with more than one partner in the last 5 years, if yes have you been tested for HIV?"
...The issue is that male to male sex by its very nature has a higher chance of passing on certain diseases than male to female. Risky male to female is also excluded (if you have slept with a prostitute or been in countries with high levels of disease)...
Arrgh! You cited the tamest statistic from the CDC article. Here are the others: 20% of gay men are HIV positive and 44% don't know it.
THAT is why the question is asked. As a future possible recipient of blood, I'm glad they ask it.
The question asked of heterosexuals =/= asked gay and bisexual men. The risk factor for straight people is risky sex, the risk factor asked for gay men is not risky sex, but sex at all - even once. Its not the same thing. If there was no bigotry behind the question it would be raised this way to all, no matter what orientation "have you had unprotected sex with more than one partner in the last 5 years, if yes have you been tested for HIV?"
Wooster
Jan 9, 07:08 PM
Nothig significant for the computer users.
No new monitors. No HD screens for MBPs. No new software or announcement.
:(
No new monitors. No HD screens for MBPs. No new software or announcement.
:(

njl
Oct 9, 06:16 PM
Tell me.. what will happen when Tweetie 3, 4, 5... comes out?
PAY AGAIN... AGAIN AND AGAIN... for minor upgrades.
if you're driving the whambulence, why not go to the other thread? :)
in re tweetdeck, i used to use it on iphone, but it won't take my reeeeeeaaaaallllllyyyyy long password.
PAY AGAIN... AGAIN AND AGAIN... for minor upgrades.
if you're driving the whambulence, why not go to the other thread? :)
in re tweetdeck, i used to use it on iphone, but it won't take my reeeeeeaaaaallllllyyyyy long password.
more...
bpaluzzi
Apr 22, 03:25 AM
iOS for iphone is an exclusive smartphone OS. Or are you telling me that ipod touch and ipad run the same exact OS?
Laptops and desktops run the same exact OS. There are no apps that are made specifically for a laptop or desktop. There are iphone apps that wont run on an ipod touch. There are ipad apps that wont run on an ipod touch or an iphone. If they were the same OS then that wouldnt happen.
Because it's common sense.
Swing and a miss on all counts.
It's all iOS. Unless you're saying that xp home and xp professional and win 7 home and win 7 professional should all be counted separately.
And let's not even get into the absolute mess that your arbitrary definition would turn android into.
Laptops and desktops run the same exact OS. There are no apps that are made specifically for a laptop or desktop. There are iphone apps that wont run on an ipod touch. There are ipad apps that wont run on an ipod touch or an iphone. If they were the same OS then that wouldnt happen.
Because it's common sense.
Swing and a miss on all counts.
It's all iOS. Unless you're saying that xp home and xp professional and win 7 home and win 7 professional should all be counted separately.
And let's not even get into the absolute mess that your arbitrary definition would turn android into.
iJohnHenry
Apr 15, 08:02 PM
Bisexuality was openly accepted. You do realize thatEurope's population is expected to fall catastrophically due to a low birth rate
And that concerns you how??
Have sex with someone of the opposite gender isn't exactly a homosexual thing, in-vitro fertilisation is immoral and the government can opt not to allow homosexuals adoption privilege.
Wow.
ACT UP made some people glad for AIDS, "God's curse on sodomites". Treating people like crap doesn't exactly improve relations
Double wow, without a disclaimer from you.
I do believe your time here would be better spent somewhere else.
Please.
And that concerns you how??
Have sex with someone of the opposite gender isn't exactly a homosexual thing, in-vitro fertilisation is immoral and the government can opt not to allow homosexuals adoption privilege.
Wow.
ACT UP made some people glad for AIDS, "God's curse on sodomites". Treating people like crap doesn't exactly improve relations
Double wow, without a disclaimer from you.
I do believe your time here would be better spent somewhere else.
Please.
more...

macingman
Apr 16, 10:01 PM
Thanks so much for making another thread buddy.
Xeronimo74
Apr 7, 09:31 AM
I got a weird bug. Sometimes my albums in the photos app go right to the top of the screen and show underneath the 'menubar' at the top so I can tap on it and open the first album in the list. If I pull it back down on the rubberband effect it still goes to the top of the screen?! I have to restart my phone for it to reset and its still hit and miss whether it works.
I've got the same bug. Simply close the photo app in the app bar (clicking the home button twice and then the X). No need to restart the whole phone.
I've got the same bug. Simply close the photo app in the app bar (clicking the home button twice and then the X). No need to restart the whole phone.
more...

Mookamoo
Jan 9, 06:09 PM
I'm feeling a little unloved at the moment.
Apple Computers are now Apple Inc.??
Phones? TV?
Where is the core support for the loyal computer spuds.
I know Leopard is on its way, but the keynote sounded a bit like Jobs has got himself some new Phoney and TVey friends now and doesn't really think we need some nice shiny new trinkets.
Totally understand the iPhone impact and the fact that its a new benchmark, but I really hope they don't lose sight of the core business, ie ME and and my 'puter
Apple Computers are now Apple Inc.??
Phones? TV?
Where is the core support for the loyal computer spuds.
I know Leopard is on its way, but the keynote sounded a bit like Jobs has got himself some new Phoney and TVey friends now and doesn't really think we need some nice shiny new trinkets.
Totally understand the iPhone impact and the fact that its a new benchmark, but I really hope they don't lose sight of the core business, ie ME and and my 'puter

turbobass
Apr 17, 02:40 PM
Veencey but its slow
Got Veency and yeah it's too slow, also it gets these weird flashing square artifacts of video when I'm in a game. Hmmmm...
Got Veency and yeah it's too slow, also it gets these weird flashing square artifacts of video when I'm in a game. Hmmmm...
more...
thisisahughes
Apr 6, 04:31 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8G4)
I can't wait to be able to purchase a 120YB iPad.
I can't wait to be able to purchase a 120YB iPad.
Jalexster
Feb 14, 05:42 AM
:D I'm still me, maybe a bit better behaved (honest Mr. Anderson! ;)), but still me...
I hope so...
I hope so...
more...
LethalWolfe
Nov 12, 10:55 AM
Just out of interest what do the other 10% use?
I'd assume the 'other' category would be a mix of Lightworks, Media100, Premiere Pro and maybe even Sony Vegas. Mizzurah posted a link to the most recent version of the survey I was trying to recall and it has Avid at 76%, FCP at just under 20% and 'other' w/just under 5%.
Lethal
I'd assume the 'other' category would be a mix of Lightworks, Media100, Premiere Pro and maybe even Sony Vegas. Mizzurah posted a link to the most recent version of the survey I was trying to recall and it has Avid at 76%, FCP at just under 20% and 'other' w/just under 5%.
Lethal
eroxx
May 4, 09:28 AM
On my iMac, I have 2 internal hard-drives. I want to get time capsule but I only want it to sync ONE of those drives. Is that possible?
more...
Philalbe
Mar 21, 03:46 AM
Thankfully I cut my ties with that person very quickly and ensure all of my work was NEVER used by them. It was when I was much greener so it was a good thing to learn and enable me to set some very good boundaries
1) Never work with a friend of a friend.
2) Never work for free.
3) Never work for a start up business UNLESS it has a larger group behind it (Public/private equity group, blue chip client with a new business, etc.. is ok).
4) Never do work for a religious organisation (seriously not a good idea). Or for that matter a union...
5) If you lie with dogs you'll get flees. Never work on a project you wouldn't want other clients seeing as a client of yours on your Portfolio.
6) Never work with a company where they can't speak your native language... Cheque time comes and "miso soli me no undastandy".
7) Be choosy about who you want to work with. Talented designers will always find work while talentless designers wont.
I found in experience if you price yourself a certain way you tend to loose the "bottom feeding clients" as I like to call them. It also means the people who take up the service generally understand the price positioning thus have an idea of intrinsic value assigned to it.
Here's a links I've found rather amusing/helpful:
10 Client Personalities (http://www.graphicdesignblog.org/graphic-designers-client-personalities/)
Bad Clients and How to Avoid Them (http://freelancefolder.com/bad-clients-and-how-to-avoid-them/)
I also forgot about this gem of a client
To that last email about the site being developed on a Mac: WOW!...just WOW! I don't know what's worse; their ignorance of how websites work or the fact they confidently expected you to create a second site, free of charge:confused:
Thank you for all the advice and links. That bad client was a wake up call for me. I'm going to start gathering all the pricing and other info I can to help protect myself.
1) Never work with a friend of a friend.
2) Never work for free.
3) Never work for a start up business UNLESS it has a larger group behind it (Public/private equity group, blue chip client with a new business, etc.. is ok).
4) Never do work for a religious organisation (seriously not a good idea). Or for that matter a union...
5) If you lie with dogs you'll get flees. Never work on a project you wouldn't want other clients seeing as a client of yours on your Portfolio.
6) Never work with a company where they can't speak your native language... Cheque time comes and "miso soli me no undastandy".
7) Be choosy about who you want to work with. Talented designers will always find work while talentless designers wont.
I found in experience if you price yourself a certain way you tend to loose the "bottom feeding clients" as I like to call them. It also means the people who take up the service generally understand the price positioning thus have an idea of intrinsic value assigned to it.
Here's a links I've found rather amusing/helpful:
10 Client Personalities (http://www.graphicdesignblog.org/graphic-designers-client-personalities/)
Bad Clients and How to Avoid Them (http://freelancefolder.com/bad-clients-and-how-to-avoid-them/)
I also forgot about this gem of a client
To that last email about the site being developed on a Mac: WOW!...just WOW! I don't know what's worse; their ignorance of how websites work or the fact they confidently expected you to create a second site, free of charge:confused:
Thank you for all the advice and links. That bad client was a wake up call for me. I'm going to start gathering all the pricing and other info I can to help protect myself.
jared1988
Apr 5, 07:39 AM
meet rusty...
e28
http://tunedmotiondotcom.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/cory_2.jpg
in case your wondering, yes, the wheels are gold plated. baller
http://heavenisinmunich.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/5042931353_70eafa7172_o.jpg?w=590&h=441
mikes other bmw in case your questioning his style
e36
http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagames/NFS/speedhunters.com/Images/Linhbergh2010/May2010/randomsnaps/4619615261_cbf882e7d8_o.jpg
itb's & velocity stacks *drool*
http://www.loxlee-loves-engines.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/mike-burroughs-bmw-e36-trumpets.jpg
a video of this e36, pretty awesome in HD and all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcbiabhEjl0&feature=player_embedded
e28
http://tunedmotiondotcom.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/cory_2.jpg
in case your wondering, yes, the wheels are gold plated. baller
http://heavenisinmunich.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/5042931353_70eafa7172_o.jpg?w=590&h=441
mikes other bmw in case your questioning his style
e36
http://ll.speedhunters.com/u/f/eagames/NFS/speedhunters.com/Images/Linhbergh2010/May2010/randomsnaps/4619615261_cbf882e7d8_o.jpg
itb's & velocity stacks *drool*
http://www.loxlee-loves-engines.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/mike-burroughs-bmw-e36-trumpets.jpg
a video of this e36, pretty awesome in HD and all
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcbiabhEjl0&feature=player_embedded
more...

alphaone
Mar 13, 04:47 AM
Yeah I'm running 6.34/a5. If it happens again then I will definitely look into it deeper, but I think it may have been just bad luck.
Bloodstar
Apr 18, 03:17 AM
Sometimes, I get bored/irritated with my wallpaper.
This is one of those times. (http://bloodstar.exaltedlegion.com/what/desktopg5-20110417.jpg) Forgot to bring the dock back up, but eh, still the same 2D dock.
This is one of those times. (http://bloodstar.exaltedlegion.com/what/desktopg5-20110417.jpg) Forgot to bring the dock back up, but eh, still the same 2D dock.

ECUpirate44
Apr 7, 10:06 AM
Of course!
http://www.wallpaper4me.com/images/wallpapers/grungeaceofspades-578926.jpeg
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7089/hl1widery9.jpg
Thanks.
http://www.wallpaper4me.com/images/wallpapers/grungeaceofspades-578926.jpeg
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7089/hl1widery9.jpg
Thanks.
SiPat
Apr 28, 07:45 PM
This bit made me laugh so much, my sides hurt:
and improve user interface in mobile handsets and other products
improve UI? other products? got to be joking.
and improve user interface in mobile handsets and other products
improve UI? other products? got to be joking.
pmasters
Nov 11, 11:37 AM
It would be great if Final Cut Pro got updated. At the moment, Adobe Premiere Pro is quite a lot better and has a more modern interface, which is kind of strange, as FCP is the industry standard.
WRONG! FCP is definitely not the industry standard. It gained a lot of traction in market share from Avid but has since regressed its gains over the last several years.
WRONG! FCP is definitely not the industry standard. It gained a lot of traction in market share from Avid but has since regressed its gains over the last several years.
M2M
Apr 7, 12:08 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
I got a weird bug. Sometimes my albums in the photos app go right to the top of the screen and show underneath the 'menubar' at the top so I can tap on it and open the first album in the list. If I pull it back down on the rubberband effect it still goes to the top of the screen?! I have to restart my phone for it to reset and its still hit and miss whether it works.
Can confirm that. Have the bug too.
I got a weird bug. Sometimes my albums in the photos app go right to the top of the screen and show underneath the 'menubar' at the top so I can tap on it and open the first album in the list. If I pull it back down on the rubberband effect it still goes to the top of the screen?! I have to restart my phone for it to reset and its still hit and miss whether it works.
Can confirm that. Have the bug too.
Lifequest
Apr 29, 07:16 AM
Apple should really diversify their suppliers anyway, which is what they look like they are doing. Cut Samsung supply by 50%, and threaten all of it if they don't get their act together. Surely Samsung doesn't think that that they can bring in this kind of revenue on their own merit. Outside of LCD televisions, Samsung has an image problem, and even that has only improved in the last few years.
Only 4% of Samsung Revenue are believed to be from Apple.
While Samsung supplies at least half of Apple's iPad displays and a big portion of iPhone.
Why does everyone think Samsung needs Apple more? It looks the other way to me. Regardless, it's business, personal issues don't get in the way of big contracts. They'll still work with each other blah blah. Apple's just trying to get a better contract which will be part of the "out-of-court" settlement.
Only 4% of Samsung Revenue are believed to be from Apple.
While Samsung supplies at least half of Apple's iPad displays and a big portion of iPhone.
Why does everyone think Samsung needs Apple more? It looks the other way to me. Regardless, it's business, personal issues don't get in the way of big contracts. They'll still work with each other blah blah. Apple's just trying to get a better contract which will be part of the "out-of-court" settlement.
phas3
Dec 6, 09:09 AM
iStat menus if i were to hazard a guess.
negative, the software is sabnzb and I believe that's all I can talk about :)
negative, the software is sabnzb and I believe that's all I can talk about :)
No comments:
Post a Comment