
gc_mania_03
10-01 11:14 AM
Add me in..
wallpaper friendship quotes tumblr.
amitkhare77
11-17 01:29 PM
Yes you need the I-94 attached with I-797 in order to apply for change of status (H1 to H4). your employer can not keep I-797. Just tell your employer that you need to apply SSN and you need I-797.
Thanks! But if I apply for my own H4, I would require my copy of I797 and the I94 attached to that. My employer doesnt provide me with the copy of those. Would the documents from my husband good enough to apply in US?
Arpu
Thanks! But if I apply for my own H4, I would require my copy of I797 and the I94 attached to that. My employer doesnt provide me with the copy of those. Would the documents from my husband good enough to apply in US?
Arpu
lutherpraveen
09-19 06:42 PM
This is called Pork-Barrel politics. It refers to government spending that is intended to benefit a particular politicians view point in return for their political support on a non-related item.
It is unfortunate that we are put in a situation to support an unethical (not illegal though) practise, but bottom line, this ammendment (if passed) will help us.
My personal view is not to piggy-back our provisions with a bill that is either non-related (like the defense appropriation) or a moral opposite (illegal immigration).
It would be so nice that if we have the clout to influence the law makers to have "our own" bill with just our provisions.
I am sure we will achieve that goal with the progress IV is making in that area.
How come a bill which talks about " ....authorize appropriations for fiscal year 2008 for military activities of the Department of Defense......" can link an amendment which talks about different thing i.e. "..Recapture of Unused Employment-Based Immigrant Visas..."
It is unfortunate that we are put in a situation to support an unethical (not illegal though) practise, but bottom line, this ammendment (if passed) will help us.
My personal view is not to piggy-back our provisions with a bill that is either non-related (like the defense appropriation) or a moral opposite (illegal immigration).
It would be so nice that if we have the clout to influence the law makers to have "our own" bill with just our provisions.
I am sure we will achieve that goal with the progress IV is making in that area.
How come a bill which talks about " ....authorize appropriations for fiscal year 2008 for military activities of the Department of Defense......" can link an amendment which talks about different thing i.e. "..Recapture of Unused Employment-Based Immigrant Visas..."
2011 Carol Shields quote.
avisitinguser
10-11 01:08 PM
Our applications reached to TSC on July 27. I have received my receipts. But no receipts and no checks cashed for my wife's applications. Is anyone in the same situation?
more...
raydon
05-12 11:16 PM
We're all impacted by retrogression and each person comes up with different reasons such as labor substitution or porting from EB3 to EB2 etc. I think that the unemployment rate is a key factor that might be influencing the movement of visa dates. With a double digit unemployment rate for US workers, why will the government want to give green cards to foreign workers.
Even if you get the green card, you could lose your job and apply for unemployment benefits. The US government does not want increase in the numbers of those claiming unemployment benefits or welfare programs. These benefits are not available to workers on temporary visas.Social security and medicare are also going to be tapped out within the next 10-20 years. These factors could have made them influence the USCIS/DOS to roll the dates back and make it U for all EB3 and to past 2000 for EB2 India. EB2 is current for other countries due to low demand.
Until the unemployment rate falls to reasonably low (in their view) levels, they have no inclination to act on immigration reform.
Notwithstanding the DOS explanation for the retrogression, there might be political factors in the background that are not made public.How do we know that this wasn't happening behind the scenes?
Even if you get the green card, you could lose your job and apply for unemployment benefits. The US government does not want increase in the numbers of those claiming unemployment benefits or welfare programs. These benefits are not available to workers on temporary visas.Social security and medicare are also going to be tapped out within the next 10-20 years. These factors could have made them influence the USCIS/DOS to roll the dates back and make it U for all EB3 and to past 2000 for EB2 India. EB2 is current for other countries due to low demand.
Until the unemployment rate falls to reasonably low (in their view) levels, they have no inclination to act on immigration reform.
Notwithstanding the DOS explanation for the retrogression, there might be political factors in the background that are not made public.How do we know that this wasn't happening behind the scenes?

genscn
10-02 12:42 PM
When you leave US, your I-94 attached to your passport (Old One) will be taken and once you re-enter, another I-94 (with same number as on your I-94 issued with your H-1B approval) will be issued and attached to your passport.
Hi,
What exactly is the deal with the 2 I-94s? We get one with the H1-approval and one when we enter/re-enter the country. Now when we leave the country they automatically take then I-94 attached to the passport. What happens to the I-94 with the H1B approval. Are we supposed to give that away as well? I have left and entered the country 2-3 times but never surrendered the I-94 attached to the h1B.
Can someone please let us know how this I-94 surrendering and numbering works?
Hi,
What exactly is the deal with the 2 I-94s? We get one with the H1-approval and one when we enter/re-enter the country. Now when we leave the country they automatically take then I-94 attached to the passport. What happens to the I-94 with the H1B approval. Are we supposed to give that away as well? I have left and entered the country 2-3 times but never surrendered the I-94 attached to the h1B.
Can someone please let us know how this I-94 surrendering and numbering works?
more...
eb3_nepa
07-20 04:50 PM
But my question is can you have BOTH of them. Some say you can have 2 H1s at the same time for different companies, so hence my question was, can you have an H1 and an L1 at the same time.
Biju, whom did you ask, an immigration attorney or just on forums?
Biju, whom did you ask, an immigration attorney or just on forums?
2010 sad quotes
miguy
01-11 02:27 PM
My wife has started using her EAD so I understand that she would need to use the AP to re-enter US. But, I am still on H1 working for the same employer that is processing my greencard. Would I need to use AP to re-enter or can I re-enter on H1 ?....my lawyer suggests using AP but I've read at other places where they say you can continue to travel on H1
confused......
confused......
more...

guru76
11-27 12:42 AM
I recently used the AP to enter the US. There were no issues in the US. However, the immigration official in India had some confusion trying to understand the AP. I had to show him a letter that my company's lawyer had given me listing the details of the AP and that I could use it for entering the US.
hair Tagged: love quotes lovers

ski_dude12
09-26 08:58 PM
You can go for infopass though I am not sure how helpful it will be. In my case I was able to get the same information by talking to level 2 support at USCIS. My 3 infopass appointments were no good really in terms of getting any update.
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate your insight.
I amm zn. ! going all in now.
1. I will call the Customer Service Line tomorrow.
2. I already got the InfoPass for 10/6
3. The letter for my senator is drafted. It will be sent tomorrow.
4. Finally, an email to the Ombudsman has been sent.
Hopefully, there is be some movement.
Thanks for the advice. I appreciate your insight.
I amm zn. ! going all in now.
1. I will call the Customer Service Line tomorrow.
2. I already got the InfoPass for 10/6
3. The letter for my senator is drafted. It will be sent tomorrow.
4. Finally, an email to the Ombudsman has been sent.
Hopefully, there is be some movement.
more...
helph1b
08-28 07:03 AM
Hi Vani,
Even I have not yet received receipt number for the H1 application filed on 7-April-2009 by my employer in NJ USA. I was also given fedex tracking number for the application that was sent on 7-April-2009. But there is really no clue if the packet sent was really mine. So we are hopeless.
Are you still in contact with your employer about the H1 application case?
Let me know if you get any updates.
Even I have not yet received receipt number for the H1 application filed on 7-April-2009 by my employer in NJ USA. I was also given fedex tracking number for the application that was sent on 7-April-2009. But there is really no clue if the packet sent was really mine. So we are hopeless.
Are you still in contact with your employer about the H1 application case?
Let me know if you get any updates.
hot (Did I mention I have a tumblr
pd052009
04-15 12:17 AM
It is our issue.. Lets gather to solve our issue..
more...
house tumblr com quotes,
CADude
07-27 12:57 PM
You can't write 01/01/1995. In that case your check will be invalidated. Check expires after 180 days. :D :D
But you are correct for RD :)
I did not think of this. Otherwise I would have written the date in all the forms as 01/01/1995 to make the visa number available to me...:D
You may write any day, month and year in the forms. USCIS will have the time stamp when a package was actually received.
But you are correct for RD :)
I did not think of this. Otherwise I would have written the date in all the forms as 01/01/1995 to make the visa number available to me...:D
You may write any day, month and year in the forms. USCIS will have the time stamp when a package was actually received.
tattoo photography quotes for tumblr
IneedAllGreen
02-23 01:23 PM
My Wife is attending her graduate school here. There is no need to show other than H4 visa and in most states you can have resident fees paid for your spouse study. More you can get information from the school you are intersted for H4 visa holder. Hope this help you.
Thanks
IneedAllGreen
Thanks
IneedAllGreen
more...
pictures Finest Quotes tumblr
inskrish
05-02 12:23 AM
thanks snathan. I do plan to carry i-797. When you say "you will be given till aug 2009", what are you referring to?
It's I-94
It's I-94
dresses Tagged: home back to you

texcan
01-06 04:33 PM
The officer retains one of the original AP the first time. The other one that is handed over to you is stamped. So next time, you show the one that is stamped to enter and you will not have to give them any more copies.
Now my experience may be different, but i believe there are some differences in the process.
My AP Experience:
No secondary check, i told officer that we are using AP. He said fine,
took both copies , stamped with AOS stamp and gave back both copies.
I donot think he made a copy for himself or even kept one original.
I was worried about re-entry as my wife had status change and had not gone back home after status change; and then this 485 filing.
But overall it was very sweet.
I must say there were few others going thru AP process at Chicago with us, and no one had to go to another room for screening or Finger printing.
My gut feeling is, we had our FP for 485 done earlier this year in US so they may not need another FP. The FP when using AP might be for people who have not gone thru FP for 485.
my 2 cents,
AP is easy no worries, as long as you have right papers ( AP ) you are good.
We were not asked for anything other than AP.
HTH
Now my experience may be different, but i believe there are some differences in the process.
My AP Experience:
No secondary check, i told officer that we are using AP. He said fine,
took both copies , stamped with AOS stamp and gave back both copies.
I donot think he made a copy for himself or even kept one original.
I was worried about re-entry as my wife had status change and had not gone back home after status change; and then this 485 filing.
But overall it was very sweet.
I must say there were few others going thru AP process at Chicago with us, and no one had to go to another room for screening or Finger printing.
My gut feeling is, we had our FP for 485 done earlier this year in US so they may not need another FP. The FP when using AP might be for people who have not gone thru FP for 485.
my 2 cents,
AP is easy no worries, as long as you have right papers ( AP ) you are good.
We were not asked for anything other than AP.
HTH
more...
makeup quotes for valentines day.
roseball
11-14 10:43 AM
If you are coming back to US to work for the same H1 employer, then re-entering on AP does not invalidate your H1. Yes, after coming back you can file for a H1 COE petition.
girlfriend love quotes tumblr
delhikadesi
01-27 10:44 PM
Hello,
I am from chandler.....
but truly in current economy I am not sure if GC in on priority of anyone's list !!.
I am open for a meet and greet to get the ball rolling for our future plans!!
I am from chandler.....
but truly in current economy I am not sure if GC in on priority of anyone's list !!.
I am open for a meet and greet to get the ball rolling for our future plans!!
hairstyles sad quotes tumblr

optimist578
03-18 12:34 PM
Info from http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-572
----Quoted from website -----------------
H.R. 572: Comprehensive Immigration Reform Commission Act of 2007
Status: Introduced
This bill is in the first step in the legislative process. Introduced bills go first to committees that deliberate, investigate, and revise bills before they go to general debate. The majority of bills never make it out of committee.
Sponsor: Rep. Edolphus Towns [D-NY] (no cosponsors)
Last Action: Jan 18, 2007: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship Statistics:
Edolphus Towns has sponsored 90 bills since Jan 6, 1999, of which 88 haven't made it out of committee (Extremely Poor) and 0 were successfully enacted (Average, relative to peers). Towns has co-sponsored 2239 bills during the same time period (Exceedingly Many, relative to peers).
================================================== ====
How encouraging is that?
Have people seen the movie Legally Blonde 2? How the lead person lobbies for the Bruisser Bill ? Wish we could do sth like that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Still fighting on... $50 p.m. + Lobbying with local Representatives...
----Quoted from website -----------------
H.R. 572: Comprehensive Immigration Reform Commission Act of 2007
Status: Introduced
This bill is in the first step in the legislative process. Introduced bills go first to committees that deliberate, investigate, and revise bills before they go to general debate. The majority of bills never make it out of committee.
Sponsor: Rep. Edolphus Towns [D-NY] (no cosponsors)
Last Action: Jan 18, 2007: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.
Bill Sponsorship & Cosponsorship Statistics:
Edolphus Towns has sponsored 90 bills since Jan 6, 1999, of which 88 haven't made it out of committee (Extremely Poor) and 0 were successfully enacted (Average, relative to peers). Towns has co-sponsored 2239 bills during the same time period (Exceedingly Many, relative to peers).
================================================== ====
How encouraging is that?
Have people seen the movie Legally Blonde 2? How the lead person lobbies for the Bruisser Bill ? Wish we could do sth like that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Still fighting on... $50 p.m. + Lobbying with local Representatives...
visafreedom
07-03 11:15 AM
Well, here are the thoughts.
American Govt only listens when it sees an economic impact. Get thousands of such workers to not work a day, I am sure it would mean a huge economic impact. This is sending a signal that we dont tolerate this "pseudo-slavery" and that today we dont work a day but tomorrow we will be forced to leave this country (I know already several people who have done that and it is becoming more and more common for people to abstain from coming to this land of opportunity as the system is now less favorable)
If hundreds of thousands dont go to work, congress, corporates, press - the whole gamut would become sensitive to the issue. This is one way you can get them to lobby for our demands.
Taking out rally is also a very good way of doing it however if you did this in one place, the turnout will not be as impressive. Doing it in multiple cities needs an organization.
Bottomline, whatever you do, show solidarity, resolve, unity. That has never happened within this affected group of workers.
American Govt only listens when it sees an economic impact. Get thousands of such workers to not work a day, I am sure it would mean a huge economic impact. This is sending a signal that we dont tolerate this "pseudo-slavery" and that today we dont work a day but tomorrow we will be forced to leave this country (I know already several people who have done that and it is becoming more and more common for people to abstain from coming to this land of opportunity as the system is now less favorable)
If hundreds of thousands dont go to work, congress, corporates, press - the whole gamut would become sensitive to the issue. This is one way you can get them to lobby for our demands.
Taking out rally is also a very good way of doing it however if you did this in one place, the turnout will not be as impressive. Doing it in multiple cities needs an organization.
Bottomline, whatever you do, show solidarity, resolve, unity. That has never happened within this affected group of workers.
grupak
12-13 04:11 PM
I'm thinking about pursuing maser degree of Biostatistics.
I heard the job market demand is high and
most jobs require master degree at least.
As a research assistance, biostatistician, research analyst..
Could I apply as EB2 ?
Am I qualifed?
If you are from a non retro country, EB2 will help. Otherwise not really.
To get an EB2, you need a masters degree but your job will also have to require it. I know of folks with masters but their company filed as Eb3. You can apply for EB2-NIW on your own. This requires more than just a degree. You will have to show your field of study is of national interest, and YOU have unique abilities and YOU are a world leader/expert in your chosen field.
I heard the job market demand is high and
most jobs require master degree at least.
As a research assistance, biostatistician, research analyst..
Could I apply as EB2 ?
Am I qualifed?
If you are from a non retro country, EB2 will help. Otherwise not really.
To get an EB2, you need a masters degree but your job will also have to require it. I know of folks with masters but their company filed as Eb3. You can apply for EB2-NIW on your own. This requires more than just a degree. You will have to show your field of study is of national interest, and YOU have unique abilities and YOU are a world leader/expert in your chosen field.
No comments:
Post a Comment