
Philalbe
Mar 21, 09:28 PM
gosh i can remember not that many years ago.. before i had established clients... rent would be due the next day and i was $100 short... then the phone rings with some new low budget client... i tell ya, those problematic and low-budget clients save the day now and again.
until you get established and can reliably and predictably pay the bills each month, be careful which projects you walk away from. once you get going, build up a supply of cash-money, enough to get you through a few bad months.
alot of people here may be established and have good and reliable income, and some may have been substantially profitable from day one, but im sure many of us can remember the early days and the lean days, when you might have taken a client you would never touch nowadays.
always make certain you can pay the bills each month, sometimes that means you have to deal with a knucklehead, or get paid substantially less than what you want, and if it turns out that you have to do just that, don't think less of yourself for it, the lean days will pass, the good days will come. many of us have been there and back, more than once.
be honorable, fair, charitable. in your spare time build websites, etc for people/groups who need them. ie, independent homeless shelters for runaway kids. add it to your portfolio if you need to, especially when your starting out.
Hi. Thanks for the kind advice; I appreciate it. :)
until you get established and can reliably and predictably pay the bills each month, be careful which projects you walk away from. once you get going, build up a supply of cash-money, enough to get you through a few bad months.
alot of people here may be established and have good and reliable income, and some may have been substantially profitable from day one, but im sure many of us can remember the early days and the lean days, when you might have taken a client you would never touch nowadays.
always make certain you can pay the bills each month, sometimes that means you have to deal with a knucklehead, or get paid substantially less than what you want, and if it turns out that you have to do just that, don't think less of yourself for it, the lean days will pass, the good days will come. many of us have been there and back, more than once.
be honorable, fair, charitable. in your spare time build websites, etc for people/groups who need them. ie, independent homeless shelters for runaway kids. add it to your portfolio if you need to, especially when your starting out.
Hi. Thanks for the kind advice; I appreciate it. :)
zMacintoshz
Mar 21, 06:29 PM
poll didnt work it exceeded the time limit
ace198
Sep 11, 01:32 PM
Does the Apple Store carry any cases for the 4th generation iPod Touch?
appleguy123
Jul 9, 02:39 AM
Walmart is the cheapest and that's only by $3.
more...
Will Cheyney
Dec 17, 06:20 PM
Another stickman Flash onion-skinned animation.
redshift1
Apr 14, 01:52 AM
I don't care for Kobe but when your body is producing adrenaline and endorphins your behavior changes. Very common in basketball and football
to hear every possible slur imaginable.
to hear every possible slur imaginable.
more...
Marley
Oct 3, 09:38 PM
@Marley
Cool. You're giving me some ideas for next month's desktop:). Great use of Nocturne, too.
Thanks, my inspiration came from here (http://rjd2k3.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d1qvc81)... It'd be cool to see what you come up with.
BTW, I'm not using Nocturne--I hacked my menu bar a while ago, before it was released, using a method someone suggested on these boards.
Cool. You're giving me some ideas for next month's desktop:). Great use of Nocturne, too.
Thanks, my inspiration came from here (http://rjd2k3.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d1qvc81)... It'd be cool to see what you come up with.
BTW, I'm not using Nocturne--I hacked my menu bar a while ago, before it was released, using a method someone suggested on these boards.

WildCowboy
Sep 16, 03:32 PM
No.
Please do a search before posting...
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=148119
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=147945
Please do a search before posting...
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=148119
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=147945
more...
sinsin07
Apr 30, 07:56 PM
This instantly made me think of Laputa: Castle in the sky as well as the Laputa in gulliver's travels.
I think apple should go for this over iCloud. It's a brilliant idea to brand a cloud related service as a castle. It just fits. They can even claim that it's "magic as a castle in the sky"
It's corny.
I think apple should go for this over iCloud. It's a brilliant idea to brand a cloud related service as a castle. It just fits. They can even claim that it's "magic as a castle in the sky"
It's corny.
steve2112
Jan 10, 04:58 PM
It's a shame, really, because they are removing the very qualities that would make me shop for a VW. I would prefer a Golf though. As I said above, I wonder if Golf will maintain its more European character, or if it too will be dumbed-down and upsized.
They make not tinker with it too much, though they did try to take it a bit down market in its last revision. They may just stick to the four door sedans, since they tend to be the biggest sellers. The ironic part is that people laughed when VW tried to move upscale in the 90s, more into the luxury market. Now people are giving them flak for trying to make their stuff more affordable.
They make not tinker with it too much, though they did try to take it a bit down market in its last revision. They may just stick to the four door sedans, since they tend to be the biggest sellers. The ironic part is that people laughed when VW tried to move upscale in the 90s, more into the luxury market. Now people are giving them flak for trying to make their stuff more affordable.
more...
reubs
Oct 16, 11:53 AM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2exyhz4.png
Loving this wallpaper, but it sucks cause it's very pixelated. Can someone maybe make it bright or does someone have a HD version of this wallpaper?
Can someone make it look nicer? This is the wallpaper:
http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=239008&d=1279140386
Thanks in advance.
Check it out here:
http://nyolc8.deviantart.com/art/iDrops-Wallpaper-173437705
Loving this wallpaper, but it sucks cause it's very pixelated. Can someone maybe make it bright or does someone have a HD version of this wallpaper?
Can someone make it look nicer? This is the wallpaper:
http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=239008&d=1279140386
Thanks in advance.
Check it out here:
http://nyolc8.deviantart.com/art/iDrops-Wallpaper-173437705
monke
Oct 17, 09:18 PM
http://att.macrumors.com/contest/3A959E.jpg
more...
Torrijos
Nov 12, 02:57 AM
Anyway, they might just be waiting for a Quicktime X upgrade in Lion.
Then again the Mac Pro interfaces are on their last breath, LightPeak could prove really important in that industry.
Then again the Mac Pro interfaces are on their last breath, LightPeak could prove really important in that industry.
CodeRaven
Oct 2, 05:55 PM
Here's mine for October. Gave up the stock Mail.app for Postbox 2.0.
Could you post a link to the original? I really like that.
Thanks!
Could you post a link to the original? I really like that.
Thanks!
more...
metric152
Oct 17, 05:32 PM
Any takers?
SteveAbootman
Apr 4, 07:16 AM
sorry for the noob question, but how did you get the text dock? looks awesome!
No need to apologize, I was the noob 3 weeks ago trying to figure this out as well :)
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=871944&highlight=guide
This guide was pretty much the only thing I followed, along with googling more specific questions. If you run into any problems, feel free to PM me, though I'm still learning as well!
Your dock is really nice looking
Thanks!
No need to apologize, I was the noob 3 weeks ago trying to figure this out as well :)
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=871944&highlight=guide
This guide was pretty much the only thing I followed, along with googling more specific questions. If you run into any problems, feel free to PM me, though I'm still learning as well!
Your dock is really nice looking
Thanks!
more...
Str8edgepunker
Apr 23, 09:21 PM
Wall-E?
That's the first one that comes to mind anyway.
Oh yeah, and: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Environmental_films
That's the first one that comes to mind anyway.
Oh yeah, and: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Environmental_films

andy42
Apr 5, 02:22 PM
Wiesmann baby!!!
http://www.iaablog.com/static/iaablog/images/wiesmann-mf5.jpg
http://www.iaablog.com/static/iaablog/images/wiesmann-mf5.jpg
CorvusCamenarum
Apr 5, 09:39 PM
A business suit can make a potential assailant believe you are ripe for the picking, just as "being dressed like a prostitute" (whatever that means) could do. The comparison is apropos.
So why are we so quick to condemn one, yet excuse at any cost the other? Bit of a double standard there.
So why are we so quick to condemn one, yet excuse at any cost the other? Bit of a double standard there.
Lamarak
Apr 5, 11:07 AM
I have a 2009 17 and 13 macbook pros that I want to trade in and get a new computer. I have been trying craiglslist, but just get bogus offers, so was wondering if any one has dealing with powermax? I dont want to do ebay because just to easy for someone to mail me back an empty box and say they never received it.
So besides powermax, any other good trade in companies that you know of? Thanks
So besides powermax, any other good trade in companies that you know of? Thanks
talkingfuture
Mar 31, 10:32 AM
Good to see some more development on this. I guess a lot of the large software makers are largely feeling their way at the moment but we could get some amazing products in the next few years.
cozmot
May 3, 02:33 AM
iDisk works fine for me and has better integration than Dropbox.
How is iDisk better integrated than DropBox? I have DropBox running on my desktop where it looks like any other folder. I can open that folder and drag things to and from it. I have DropBox running on my iPad and iPhone too, and all three devices sync automatically. I use 1Password on all three devices and my data file resides on DropBox, so 1Password syncs to all devices automatically. And, there's a web interface for DropBox, so I can get to it from any computer. So what's better on iDisk?
How is iDisk better integrated than DropBox? I have DropBox running on my desktop where it looks like any other folder. I can open that folder and drag things to and from it. I have DropBox running on my iPad and iPhone too, and all three devices sync automatically. I use 1Password on all three devices and my data file resides on DropBox, so 1Password syncs to all devices automatically. And, there's a web interface for DropBox, so I can get to it from any computer. So what's better on iDisk?
leowyatt
Apr 17, 05:59 AM
http://i52.tinypic.com/23huhzb.png
http://i55.tinypic.com/10omaoo.jpg
Do you have originals for either of those please? :)
Here is mine at the moment
http://i55.tinypic.com/10omaoo.jpg
Do you have originals for either of those please? :)
Here is mine at the moment
Small White Car
Apr 4, 10:47 AM
I don't read FT. so your point is invalid.
So you enjoy watching them abuse other people, but since it's not you then it's ok?
What kind of a sick attitude is that? You think it's a good thing that they mistreat their readers? Why? Is it just funny to you or something?
So you enjoy watching them abuse other people, but since it's not you then it's ok?
What kind of a sick attitude is that? You think it's a good thing that they mistreat their readers? Why? Is it just funny to you or something?
No comments:
Post a Comment