webm
11-06 08:47 AM
I believe you are in New York. Next time try the direct flight from Mumbai to Newark. I heard thats the best my friend just tried it and he was going gaga about it. I am sure your inlaws can manage Chennai to Mumbai. What are the chances u can find someone who can speak Tamil ,Telgu in Mumbai than in Brussles or any other stopoever in Europe. :-)
Can we know which airline direct flight from Mumbai to Newark you mentioned something new or is it AirIndia??
Can we know which airline direct flight from Mumbai to Newark you mentioned something new or is it AirIndia??
wallpaper 2011 Honda Civic Hybrid
perm2gc
01-06 04:46 PM
My wife is on H4 and is exploring the posibility of converting to a H1. She recently went for her first interview and the people over there told her that there is a new rule for H4 to H1B conversion. According to them, she needs to go to India and get her H1B stamped before she can start working. Is this true? As far as I know, all one needs is an approved I-797 (for I-129 petition) indicating that the approval is for change of status to H1B (meaning that the approval notice has a I-94).
Please let me know if there is any merit in the above statement?
Nope its not true.All she need is approved I-797.Visa Stamping is only required when she has to travel outside US and reenter.
Please let me know if there is any merit in the above statement?
Nope its not true.All she need is approved I-797.Visa Stamping is only required when she has to travel outside US and reenter.
sushilup
05-03 10:34 AM
Hello Guys,
Here is my situation, it might help to many, who are planning to move to MA..
My background License history:
I had two full term (4 years) license in PA (I guess when I came to USA they used to give full term license) and got a 2 year license recently in NC since my EAD was valid till 2010 only.
Now 1 month ago moved to MA:
1- First time I went to RMV (same as DMV), very rude person, your license is temp and we can do transfer for you. You need to take written and road test again. I argued that I had full term licenses and this is not temp license. This is based on my visa and issue me till the validity of visa. Person got angry and told me, don't tell me the rules. This is temp license and let me make sure I put you on the system, so you can get any where else.
I spoke to her supervisor and person told me the same. I came back and thought, this person might be rude and went to different RMV next day.
2- Second day, different center and they told the same and I thought since this the rule let me start the process and take the written test and road test.
Now the problem-
They took all the paperwork and made copy and started with my wife for test. She went to take a test and she didn't allow me to so by saying that there is a hold for you at other place and you need to go there.
Since my wife was not prepared, she failed and STRANGE THING, THEY KEPT HER LICENSE and didn't return. I asked that how is she going to drive etc. We can't give license back.
Now we are stuck, until she passes her written and road test.
Same thing is going to happen for me. I am in very painful situation and don't know the way out.
If anyone has similar situation, please share.
ALSO, PEOPLE WHO ARE MOVING TO MA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THIS CEAZY RULE AND BE ARE PREPARED
GOD BLESS TO US ALL..
Here is my situation, it might help to many, who are planning to move to MA..
My background License history:
I had two full term (4 years) license in PA (I guess when I came to USA they used to give full term license) and got a 2 year license recently in NC since my EAD was valid till 2010 only.
Now 1 month ago moved to MA:
1- First time I went to RMV (same as DMV), very rude person, your license is temp and we can do transfer for you. You need to take written and road test again. I argued that I had full term licenses and this is not temp license. This is based on my visa and issue me till the validity of visa. Person got angry and told me, don't tell me the rules. This is temp license and let me make sure I put you on the system, so you can get any where else.
I spoke to her supervisor and person told me the same. I came back and thought, this person might be rude and went to different RMV next day.
2- Second day, different center and they told the same and I thought since this the rule let me start the process and take the written test and road test.
Now the problem-
They took all the paperwork and made copy and started with my wife for test. She went to take a test and she didn't allow me to so by saying that there is a hold for you at other place and you need to go there.
Since my wife was not prepared, she failed and STRANGE THING, THEY KEPT HER LICENSE and didn't return. I asked that how is she going to drive etc. We can't give license back.
Now we are stuck, until she passes her written and road test.
Same thing is going to happen for me. I am in very painful situation and don't know the way out.
If anyone has similar situation, please share.
ALSO, PEOPLE WHO ARE MOVING TO MA, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THIS CEAZY RULE AND BE ARE PREPARED
GOD BLESS TO US ALL..
2011 Honda Civic 2011 Interior.
h1techSlave
10-01 11:02 AM
I just wanted to point out that a delayed FBI name check is useless any way.
If the purpose of the name check is to identify criminals, that process must be completed within a few hours. If the checking process takes more than 24 hours, than what is the use of the check?
Currently the FBI name check system is a bonanza for a criminal. He/She will have 2 - 3 years to commit the crime, before the FBI catches up with him/her.
I think the system was originally designed to check the names of people outside the country. In that case, a delay is not at all harmful.
If the purpose of the name check is to identify criminals, that process must be completed within a few hours. If the checking process takes more than 24 hours, than what is the use of the check?
Currently the FBI name check system is a bonanza for a criminal. He/She will have 2 - 3 years to commit the crime, before the FBI catches up with him/her.
I think the system was originally designed to check the names of people outside the country. In that case, a delay is not at all harmful.
more...

immi_seeker
04-06 12:10 AM
Bump.
jonty_11
07-16 07:11 PM
Bluez,
How are you planning to get PCC from consulate. I live in colorado and going to SFO would be very expensive as well as time consuming. Do you know how much time consulate would take through mail? I am skeptical whether they would send my passport back by Aug 15 or not as I am planing to leave on Aug 15.
seee SFO website...they issue PCC is upto 45 days, I think...
cgisf.org - even better call them
How are you planning to get PCC from consulate. I live in colorado and going to SFO would be very expensive as well as time consuming. Do you know how much time consulate would take through mail? I am skeptical whether they would send my passport back by Aug 15 or not as I am planing to leave on Aug 15.
seee SFO website...they issue PCC is upto 45 days, I think...
cgisf.org - even better call them
more...
reachinus
09-26 01:52 PM
I think you are already late. You should have done all you can, like meeting the senator, writing to uscis, infopass appt, as soon as you PD was current. Now the Visa numbers are over for the FY 2010. You may get lucky in October when new visa number are available. Hope this helps.
Hello,
The 485 applications for me and wife are still being processed by USCIS in Los Angeles. My priority date (August 1, 2005) became current almost 3 months ago.
We have waited patiently since the priority date became current. There has been no movement except that they wanted to fingerprint us again, which we completed 2 months ago. My lawyer says he put in two referral inquiries but of no avail.
I have already obtained InfoPass for a couple of weeks from now. I will go and check in with the USCIS office here in LA.
1. What should my next steps be? Write to my senator? Or should I wait until after the InfoPass appointment
2. Am I pushing too hard on USCIS? Is it that they are simply backlogged? Should I just wait more?
I am concerned that the dates will retrogress again. Any advice or comments will be helpful.
Thanks,
SR
Hello,
The 485 applications for me and wife are still being processed by USCIS in Los Angeles. My priority date (August 1, 2005) became current almost 3 months ago.
We have waited patiently since the priority date became current. There has been no movement except that they wanted to fingerprint us again, which we completed 2 months ago. My lawyer says he put in two referral inquiries but of no avail.
I have already obtained InfoPass for a couple of weeks from now. I will go and check in with the USCIS office here in LA.
1. What should my next steps be? Write to my senator? Or should I wait until after the InfoPass appointment
2. Am I pushing too hard on USCIS? Is it that they are simply backlogged? Should I just wait more?
I am concerned that the dates will retrogress again. Any advice or comments will be helpful.
Thanks,
SR
2010 St0/2011-Honda-Cr-Z-Interior
sss2000
10-31 02:25 PM
While that is true I wanted to donate whatever I have. I thought if any IV core team member has delta frequent flyer account, I can transfer my miles to his account. Is that a possibility? If so, Do we have any core team member who has delta frequent flyer account? If we pool all the miles we have then IV core team can use these miles to travel.
more...
renupond
10-04 10:46 PM
No I am not related to eadguru.
I simply need this info for my spouse.
Thanks
I simply need this info for my spouse.
Thanks
hair 2011 Honda Civic
Legal
09-20 07:22 PM
K_SING,
You can invest, but be careful.
You can invest and earn money, but you shoulddn't be "working" to generate money. If you "work" at stock trading, and generate money this is a violation of your H1B status. You could land in trouble, if I were you I will stop it.
Attorney Siskind addressed this issue recently (visalaw.com), i don't have the web link.
You can do passive investing in mutual funds or stocks. you can invest in real estate funds, but if you actively manage a property and make money you could be in trouble.;)
You can invest, but be careful.
You can invest and earn money, but you shoulddn't be "working" to generate money. If you "work" at stock trading, and generate money this is a violation of your H1B status. You could land in trouble, if I were you I will stop it.
Attorney Siskind addressed this issue recently (visalaw.com), i don't have the web link.
You can do passive investing in mutual funds or stocks. you can invest in real estate funds, but if you actively manage a property and make money you could be in trouble.;)
more...
amsgc
06-15 11:46 PM
WE are in the same situation. Even our company lawyers said the same thing i.e no risk. However, a lot of messages I have seen recommend switching to H4; but then she will have to stop working for some time.
If you read the instructions for I-485, nowhere does it require you to be on a non immigrant visa, with dual intent, to apply for I-485.
I tried to read the instructions from the standpoint of a student, and I did not find anything that says I cannot apply to adjust status. All they want is proof of your status and admission.
Also, we have someone in our company who will go for Eb1, and is on OPT (which is not a status, F1 is). He was told that he can apply for I-140!
If you read the instructions for I-485, nowhere does it require you to be on a non immigrant visa, with dual intent, to apply for I-485.
I tried to read the instructions from the standpoint of a student, and I did not find anything that says I cannot apply to adjust status. All they want is proof of your status and admission.
Also, we have someone in our company who will go for Eb1, and is on OPT (which is not a status, F1 is). He was told that he can apply for I-140!
hot Honda Civic On the road
Env_Engr
10-18 10:45 PM
Here are my details. I hope EAD comes in before this month end.
more...
house Honda CR-Z Concept 2009
deardar
09-14 03:44 PM
i understood that. I was just kidding :D
The newly acquired ART OF BASHING has kept me on toes.
Scared to post .:p
The newly acquired ART OF BASHING has kept me on toes.
Scared to post .:p
tattoo 2011 Honda Civic LX Sedan
validIV
03-18 11:13 AM
C-Corp is the best way to go. You can register your corporation name and EIN number online with both the Business bureau in your state and the IRS. It takes an hour at most. For me in NYC, I used OPAL: http://www.nys-permits.org/
From my experience, it is better to take commission (to pay yourself) than salary. Basically making your salary project-based like a consultant. That way you can always offset any big expenses with your commission (salary) whenever you incur them. But your method of accounting is up to you.
Get quickbooks or accountedge to maintain a ledger. Excel is pathetic at this.
For C-Corp you file an 1120 annually and a franchise tax (varies by state). NYC has a franchise tax (its called NY Corp Tax) which requires you to pay even if you have no profits for the year. If you are selling tangible objects like software online or merchandise, please note you need a Sales Certificate with your state to collect sales tax. This must be filed quarterly. Sales tax is now being enforced nationwide (Please lookup Amazon / Overstock.com's recent loss to a federal ruling regarding not charging salestax).
Apart from that, keep receipts, make a business account with your bank of preference and try as much as possible to offset all gains with expenses.
From my experience, it is better to take commission (to pay yourself) than salary. Basically making your salary project-based like a consultant. That way you can always offset any big expenses with your commission (salary) whenever you incur them. But your method of accounting is up to you.
Get quickbooks or accountedge to maintain a ledger. Excel is pathetic at this.
For C-Corp you file an 1120 annually and a franchise tax (varies by state). NYC has a franchise tax (its called NY Corp Tax) which requires you to pay even if you have no profits for the year. If you are selling tangible objects like software online or merchandise, please note you need a Sales Certificate with your state to collect sales tax. This must be filed quarterly. Sales tax is now being enforced nationwide (Please lookup Amazon / Overstock.com's recent loss to a federal ruling regarding not charging salestax).
Apart from that, keep receipts, make a business account with your bank of preference and try as much as possible to offset all gains with expenses.
more...
pictures 2011-honda-civic-interior
reddog
01-21 11:03 AM
Money.........
dresses honda civic 2011 interior
bbenhill
01-14 05:59 PM
Hi ca_immigrant, agree with ur point. I gave you green :-)
Thx
bbenhill
Congrats !
and thank you to desi485 for posting the link
Good one and particulary moving was the last point ... -:)
14. And yes, move the family first commitment at the top of your must-do list, now that you have less worry about re-entry, and make that long-delayed trip home to see your old folks one more time. (I am visiting my 83-yr old Dad, who still has more hair than I do, and less gray too, in June.)
I first laughed when I read about the hair..(I too have less and a lot grey at 35 ...LOL and actually had grey hair since 20....donnno y....
but then after a few minutes for some reason I almost had tears rolling down my eyes (reminded me about parents.....) ....well call my an emtional fool....
neways...I always pray to God that whaterver happens please always help me remeber my parents !! and never forget all the great things they have done for us !!!
(They are in India with my elder borther)
oops...sorry for writing something out of context....
but again Congrats !!
Thx
bbenhill
Congrats !
and thank you to desi485 for posting the link
Good one and particulary moving was the last point ... -:)
14. And yes, move the family first commitment at the top of your must-do list, now that you have less worry about re-entry, and make that long-delayed trip home to see your old folks one more time. (I am visiting my 83-yr old Dad, who still has more hair than I do, and less gray too, in June.)
I first laughed when I read about the hair..(I too have less and a lot grey at 35 ...LOL and actually had grey hair since 20....donnno y....
but then after a few minutes for some reason I almost had tears rolling down my eyes (reminded me about parents.....) ....well call my an emtional fool....
neways...I always pray to God that whaterver happens please always help me remeber my parents !! and never forget all the great things they have done for us !!!
(They are in India with my elder borther)
oops...sorry for writing something out of context....
but again Congrats !!
more...
makeup 2011 Honda Civic Type R MUGEN
psaxena
11-05 06:09 PM
Mine is exactly the same case as yours. I applied under EB3 for that reason.
You do not qualify for EB2 this way, give up that I-140 and apply a new one under EB3.
Guys,
I want to know what are the chances of getting I-140 approve if we file a new petition and current I-140 appeal process is pending with USCIS. My I-140 was denied on education basis. In denial notice USCIS wrote that we did not prove that my 3+3 (Diploma + Engg degree from India) degree is not equivalent to B.S in Computer science from Labor certification.
Guys please share your experience with me since its important for me to get I-140 approve for future growth.
Thanks
You do not qualify for EB2 this way, give up that I-140 and apply a new one under EB3.
Guys,
I want to know what are the chances of getting I-140 approve if we file a new petition and current I-140 appeal process is pending with USCIS. My I-140 was denied on education basis. In denial notice USCIS wrote that we did not prove that my 3+3 (Diploma + Engg degree from India) degree is not equivalent to B.S in Computer science from Labor certification.
Guys please share your experience with me since its important for me to get I-140 approve for future growth.
Thanks
girlfriend civic 2012 has also a truck
amdee
01-16 11:01 AM
Any update on this. I am also planning to go to the school with my I485 pending. Just wanted to make sure that I will not get ito any issues with my pending I485.
[QUOTE=mharik]Hi ,
Can you use portability(i.e, I-140 approved and I-485 pending more than 6 months) for studies in USA or outside US????
ANYONE????
[QUOTE=mharik]Hi ,
Can you use portability(i.e, I-140 approved and I-485 pending more than 6 months) for studies in USA or outside US????
ANYONE????
hairstyles new-honda-civic-2011-wallpaper
GotFreedom?
07-20 01:50 PM
If your I-485 is already approved, you already have a GC (your status is permanent resident) regardless if you have the physical card in possession or not. You do not need EAD to work in the US. You are allowed to work wherever you may choose without worrying about work authorization. Your GC is your work authorization as well.
Sorry to hear about your job loss. With I-485 already approved, you should be able to apply for the unemployment benefits but I do not know what kind of implications it might have when you go for citizenship. I beleive, you are elegible to reap the benefits of the social benefits even if its considered burden.
Sorry to hear about your job loss. With I-485 already approved, you should be able to apply for the unemployment benefits but I do not know what kind of implications it might have when you go for citizenship. I beleive, you are elegible to reap the benefits of the social benefits even if its considered burden.
pappu
09-14 03:43 PM
Jay is going to speak now. Its an interview.
cari
01-08 05:01 PM
I got this from different website(not sure if I can quote here).
Before going /planning for a perticular consualte, you can email the consulate with a i797 copy asking them to check if it exists in their system. If it doesn't then they will request concerned athorities to make it available in system so that you won't get stuck with PIMS delay. So far I have heard mexico/canada consualte responding to emails positively.
I will be mailing(canada consulate) them soon. Will keep you updated if i hear anything from them. if it works..its indeed a good options for us.:D
Can you please provide me the web address of that website?
thanks,.
Before going /planning for a perticular consualte, you can email the consulate with a i797 copy asking them to check if it exists in their system. If it doesn't then they will request concerned athorities to make it available in system so that you won't get stuck with PIMS delay. So far I have heard mexico/canada consualte responding to emails positively.
I will be mailing(canada consulate) them soon. Will keep you updated if i hear anything from them. if it works..its indeed a good options for us.:D
Can you please provide me the web address of that website?
thanks,.
No comments:
Post a Comment