yabadaba
04-07 09:50 AM
This is the question on the N400 (application for citizenship)
"Where have you worked (or, if you were a student, what schools did you attend) during the last five years? Include military service.Begin with your current or latest employer and then list every place you have worked or studied for the last five years. If you need more space, use a separate sheet of paper."
what if a person changes his job immidiately after 485 approval and does not apply for citizenship until 6 years?
"Where have you worked (or, if you were a student, what schools did you attend) during the last five years? Include military service.Begin with your current or latest employer and then list every place you have worked or studied for the last five years. If you need more space, use a separate sheet of paper."
what if a person changes his job immidiately after 485 approval and does not apply for citizenship until 6 years?
gretchen rossi ring. Gretchen Rossi in Dirty Photos

Student with no hopes
12-10 09:49 AM
DREAM act is a political issue if passed will get Democrats millions and millions of hispanic votes and possibly help them in 2012 election. Republicans will also want those votes. So there is a possibility that DREAM will pass some day. It is unfortunate illegal aliens get path to citizenship and legal immigrants like us have to wait on an untimed line with a hope to get green card. It is all politics my friends. Bottom line is they are illegal when they came here. If they are students they should get F1 visas if they are working should get work permits. Giving them citizenship is ridiculous. No one supports our cause, not even the Hispanic community. Dude we should oppose illegal immigration that has kept legal immigration at hostage. Jai Hind!1
Few problems with your post
#1 It is politics to help the the hispanic community. At the same time, it is also common sense - since they are the ones, putting their neck out to get the reform. We sit at work and complain - and take no positive action to get the relief.
#2 These people have to stand in line for GC and then citizenship - it is not direct citizenship - it is a path to legal residency.
#3 If you are illegal, can't get any kind of visa - F1 or H1 or even a drivers license - which is why this legislation is justified or accepted by most americans.
Few problems with your post
#1 It is politics to help the the hispanic community. At the same time, it is also common sense - since they are the ones, putting their neck out to get the reform. We sit at work and complain - and take no positive action to get the relief.
#2 These people have to stand in line for GC and then citizenship - it is not direct citizenship - it is a path to legal residency.
#3 If you are illegal, can't get any kind of visa - F1 or H1 or even a drivers license - which is why this legislation is justified or accepted by most americans.
gretchen rossi ring. Jessica Lowndes Gretchen Rossi
adobe howm
09-02 01:52 PM
Oh man!!!! Why are you so worried? As long as you did the right thing thats all it matters. Since you also have a confirmation number, why worry?
You are freaking out UNNECESSARILY.
This reminds ne of the hindi saying " aa bail mujhe maar"
Literal translation: Hey bull, come and hit me.
:D:D:D:D:D
My Friend it does matters - Here is why - Although I changed my address online & got confirmation number every time I moved to different place - what happened was the RFE issued on my case was addressed to the place where I filed my application. Since then I moved to two different places and every time I moved I did update my address online promptly. Since RFE was posted to the old address as a result of the mail was fwd to all places where I lived in the past and finally delivered to my current address. Thanks to online status that I came to know RFE was issued on case with deadline. I received the RFE letter just about 3 days to respond. When we talked to CIS CSR about this the answer was that the IO who worked on my case got old address that was mentioned on my application itself and did not refer the address change made online. With help of my employer and attorney we were able to respond within the deadline date. I would call them and make sure the correct address and ask for confirmation letter from CIS. Hope this helps!
You are freaking out UNNECESSARILY.
This reminds ne of the hindi saying " aa bail mujhe maar"
Literal translation: Hey bull, come and hit me.
:D:D:D:D:D
My Friend it does matters - Here is why - Although I changed my address online & got confirmation number every time I moved to different place - what happened was the RFE issued on my case was addressed to the place where I filed my application. Since then I moved to two different places and every time I moved I did update my address online promptly. Since RFE was posted to the old address as a result of the mail was fwd to all places where I lived in the past and finally delivered to my current address. Thanks to online status that I came to know RFE was issued on case with deadline. I received the RFE letter just about 3 days to respond. When we talked to CIS CSR about this the answer was that the IO who worked on my case got old address that was mentioned on my application itself and did not refer the address change made online. With help of my employer and attorney we were able to respond within the deadline date. I would call them and make sure the correct address and ask for confirmation letter from CIS. Hope this helps!
gretchen rossi ring. We spotted Gretchen Rossi at a
gc_75
07-17 07:56 PM
I think Employement Letter is one of the documents needed as Initial Evidence. So I think it is a must. Please refer to I-485 form at following location:
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485.pdf
My lawyer sent all documents to uscis and reached uscis on July2nd except my employment letter.Do uscis accept my package and give receipt notice or reject the whole package.Any suggestion please.Thanks
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485.pdf
My lawyer sent all documents to uscis and reached uscis on July2nd except my employment letter.Do uscis accept my package and give receipt notice or reject the whole package.Any suggestion please.Thanks
more...
gretchen rossi ring. Still wearing that ring to
newcomer
07-11 10:37 PM
Good one. Could also add the IV logo on it
gretchen rossi ring. as seen on Gretchen Rossi
gc_75
07-17 05:48 PM
Here is the link:
http://www.murthy.com/uscis_update.pdf
no you have until august 17, 2007.
see murthy.com
pk
http://www.murthy.com/uscis_update.pdf
no you have until august 17, 2007.
see murthy.com
pk
more...
gretchen rossi ring. Gretchen Rossi
punjabi
09-29 09:57 AM
My cousin went for her sister-in-law's wedding and at New Delhi airport, the Customs Officer asked her to show the bag. Apparently, there was good amount of jewelry. And she had to declare it in her passport.
She was not charged any duty but she had to show it again during the departure.
Hope it helps.
Has anybody travelled TO India with personal gold jewellery? I am not concerned about theft/security. My question is about Customs clearance at the airport. Do we need to declare it or pay customs duty?
If you have any experience doing this, please do share it here.
Thank you.
She was not charged any duty but she had to show it again during the departure.
Hope it helps.
Has anybody travelled TO India with personal gold jewellery? I am not concerned about theft/security. My question is about Customs clearance at the airport. Do we need to declare it or pay customs duty?
If you have any experience doing this, please do share it here.
Thank you.
gretchen rossi ring. issued for Gretchen Rossi
chanduv23
03-14 12:07 PM
Charles Oppenheim, Chief of Immigrant Visa Control and Reporting Division at the U.S. Department of State (DOS) was a guest speaker at a February 28, 2007 Washington D.C. Chapter meeting of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). Mr. Oppenheim was kind enough to share his office�s visa number / Visa Bulletin expectations for 2007.
HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF RETROGRESSION
Mr. Oppenheim discussed the historical background that has led to the current retrogression situation. Retrogression is not something new or unfamiliar in immigration law, as long-time MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers may recall. For many, however, who may have become involved in the green card process since 2001, it is new and, of course, highly problematic. Employment-based (or EB) numbers were current from 2001 through 2005 due to a legislative "fix." This legislation authorized prior, unused immigrant visa numbers from several earlier years to be recaptured and put back into the immigration system. That quota of recaptured numbers was exhausted during Fiscal Year (FY) 2005. As a result, in FYs 2005, 2006 and 2007 we have witnessed severe backlogs in the EB3 categories for all countries and, starting in FY2006, in the EB2 categories for China and India.
PREDICTIONS FOR EB IMMIGRANT VISA NUMBERS
Employment-Based First Preference / EB1
Mr. Oppenheim stated that the employment-based first preference (EB1) category is expected to remain current for all countries of chargeability, including India and China. This is likely throughout the remainder of FY2007 (ending September 30, 2007).
Mr. Oppenheim explained what he referred to as the �trickling effect� of unused visa numbers between EB categories. This trickling effect has resulted in the EB1 category's having remained current. The numbers in the employment-based fourth preference (EB4) and employment-based fifth preference (EB5) categories that are unused are transferred up to the EB1 category. Without this trickling affect, the EB1 category would not remain current for India and China.
This also has an impact on EB2, as unused EB1 numbers trickle down to EB2. There are not enough numbers for India and China, however, to allow the EB2 for these two countries to become current. But it has helped to move EB2 forward for these two countries, to some extent.
Employment-Based Second Preference / EB2
The employment-based second preference (EB2) category is expected to remain at its current cutoff dates for nationals of India and China. These dates have been stagnant at April 22, 2005 for China and January 8, 2003 for India for a few months.
Employment-Based Third Preference / EB3
No forward movement is expected for the employment-based third preference (EB3) category. In fact, as predicted in the March Visa Bulletin and confirmed by Mr. Oppenheim, there is a strong possibility that the EB3 numbers that are not in the "worldwide" chargeability will further retrogress, or move backward. This is expected to occur in the summer of 2007. This backward movement is based upon excessive demand for the limited supply of visa numbers. This will adversely affect nationals of India and China.
Double Dipping
Another problem important to note is one of �doubling dipping� for visa numbers by some individuals. As explained by Mr. Oppenheim, if an employment-based beneficiary filed for adjustment of status in the U.S. and for consular processing overseas, that individual could acquire two visa numbers if both cases are approved. This would result in a wasted immigrant visa number. As a result of this scenario, the DOS and the USCIS are planning a system that would coordinate their visa number allocation, so that each will be aware if the other has already issued a visa number for a particular individual, to prevent waste of this kind.
CONCLUSION
We appreciate Mr. Oppenheim's continued willingness to address matters related to visa numbers and the Visa Bulletin. The lack of employment-based visa numbers is a source of great frustration for many and Mr. Oppenheim's predictions do not assuage that feeling. It is better to have an understanding of the reality of the situation, however, than to operate in ignorance or with unrealistic expectations. The shortage of visa numbers, once again, underscores the need for legislation in this area, to increase the numbers, change the counting of the numbers (from one per person to one per family), or to revamp the system entirely.
This trickling effect was already discussed. It is from murthy.com .
HISTORICAL BACKGROUND OF RETROGRESSION
Mr. Oppenheim discussed the historical background that has led to the current retrogression situation. Retrogression is not something new or unfamiliar in immigration law, as long-time MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers may recall. For many, however, who may have become involved in the green card process since 2001, it is new and, of course, highly problematic. Employment-based (or EB) numbers were current from 2001 through 2005 due to a legislative "fix." This legislation authorized prior, unused immigrant visa numbers from several earlier years to be recaptured and put back into the immigration system. That quota of recaptured numbers was exhausted during Fiscal Year (FY) 2005. As a result, in FYs 2005, 2006 and 2007 we have witnessed severe backlogs in the EB3 categories for all countries and, starting in FY2006, in the EB2 categories for China and India.
PREDICTIONS FOR EB IMMIGRANT VISA NUMBERS
Employment-Based First Preference / EB1
Mr. Oppenheim stated that the employment-based first preference (EB1) category is expected to remain current for all countries of chargeability, including India and China. This is likely throughout the remainder of FY2007 (ending September 30, 2007).
Mr. Oppenheim explained what he referred to as the �trickling effect� of unused visa numbers between EB categories. This trickling effect has resulted in the EB1 category's having remained current. The numbers in the employment-based fourth preference (EB4) and employment-based fifth preference (EB5) categories that are unused are transferred up to the EB1 category. Without this trickling affect, the EB1 category would not remain current for India and China.
This also has an impact on EB2, as unused EB1 numbers trickle down to EB2. There are not enough numbers for India and China, however, to allow the EB2 for these two countries to become current. But it has helped to move EB2 forward for these two countries, to some extent.
Employment-Based Second Preference / EB2
The employment-based second preference (EB2) category is expected to remain at its current cutoff dates for nationals of India and China. These dates have been stagnant at April 22, 2005 for China and January 8, 2003 for India for a few months.
Employment-Based Third Preference / EB3
No forward movement is expected for the employment-based third preference (EB3) category. In fact, as predicted in the March Visa Bulletin and confirmed by Mr. Oppenheim, there is a strong possibility that the EB3 numbers that are not in the "worldwide" chargeability will further retrogress, or move backward. This is expected to occur in the summer of 2007. This backward movement is based upon excessive demand for the limited supply of visa numbers. This will adversely affect nationals of India and China.
Double Dipping
Another problem important to note is one of �doubling dipping� for visa numbers by some individuals. As explained by Mr. Oppenheim, if an employment-based beneficiary filed for adjustment of status in the U.S. and for consular processing overseas, that individual could acquire two visa numbers if both cases are approved. This would result in a wasted immigrant visa number. As a result of this scenario, the DOS and the USCIS are planning a system that would coordinate their visa number allocation, so that each will be aware if the other has already issued a visa number for a particular individual, to prevent waste of this kind.
CONCLUSION
We appreciate Mr. Oppenheim's continued willingness to address matters related to visa numbers and the Visa Bulletin. The lack of employment-based visa numbers is a source of great frustration for many and Mr. Oppenheim's predictions do not assuage that feeling. It is better to have an understanding of the reality of the situation, however, than to operate in ignorance or with unrealistic expectations. The shortage of visa numbers, once again, underscores the need for legislation in this area, to increase the numbers, change the counting of the numbers (from one per person to one per family), or to revamp the system entirely.
This trickling effect was already discussed. It is from murthy.com .
more...
gretchen rossi ring. Gretchen Rossi And Slade
micofrost
07-15 01:54 PM
Well, the first statement is true; the second, however is not. When one starts to work on EAD, his/her status changes to AOS, assuming his/her I-485 is pending. So, in this case, she will no longer be considered being on H4.
You can still work on EAD and maintain your H4 as long as you do not go out of the country. If you go out and enter on AP, then you switch back to AOS, no reporting to USCIS is necessary. But if you can still file I-539 and switch back to H4 again.
But on H4 you can still work on EAD, while maintaining your H4 status.
I would ask everyone , pls be careful while responding to someone's querry. And the person asking should also consult a lawyer. In this case, since I am in the same boat, and the advice came from the lawyer. I just got my spouse H4 extended for another 3 years, the after 6 years extension, while she is working on her EAD.
You can still work on EAD and maintain your H4 as long as you do not go out of the country. If you go out and enter on AP, then you switch back to AOS, no reporting to USCIS is necessary. But if you can still file I-539 and switch back to H4 again.
But on H4 you can still work on EAD, while maintaining your H4 status.
I would ask everyone , pls be careful while responding to someone's querry. And the person asking should also consult a lawyer. In this case, since I am in the same boat, and the advice came from the lawyer. I just got my spouse H4 extended for another 3 years, the after 6 years extension, while she is working on her EAD.
gretchen rossi ring. Gretchen and danny bonaduce
s_r_e_e
08-15 11:26 AM
you just beat me in posting this
:D
happend to have oh law site open on the side while reading this... it was easy to find the faq link in there :)
:D
happend to have oh law site open on the side while reading this... it was easy to find the faq link in there :)
more...
gretchen rossi ring. Gretchen may not have had
aachoo
02-20 06:54 PM
How about the opposite problem. The LC wages are lower that what I am being paid. the LC reflects what I was being paid at the time it was filed. not sure if the lawyer screwed up. Right now, I am doing a similar job (non-IT, non-technical), but with wider responsibility and earning ~ 40% more. What now??
-a
-a
gretchen rossi ring. Gretchen Rossi and Slade
jr8rdt
01-07 02:51 PM
casinoroyale - can you clarify, you are contradicting yourself.
your first email says: I have done paid consultation with murthy office on this matter. As per them, one can continue to work on H1B even after returning on AP.
your second email says:
Ok, after using AP there are two ways in order to reinstate H1B status.
1) By applying H1b extension after entering on AP
2) going out of country and entering with valid h1b visa stamp.
-can or can't we use H1 after using AP.
-what do you mean by "to reinstate H1 by applying H1b extension after entering on AP". are you saying that though the H1 expiration is say 2010 but since one is using AP to enter now (2008) one should apply for extension right away?
your first email says: I have done paid consultation with murthy office on this matter. As per them, one can continue to work on H1B even after returning on AP.
your second email says:
Ok, after using AP there are two ways in order to reinstate H1B status.
1) By applying H1b extension after entering on AP
2) going out of country and entering with valid h1b visa stamp.
-can or can't we use H1 after using AP.
-what do you mean by "to reinstate H1 by applying H1b extension after entering on AP". are you saying that though the H1 expiration is say 2010 but since one is using AP to enter now (2008) one should apply for extension right away?
more...
gretchen rossi ring. gretchen-with-jay
HRPRO
03-07 07:05 PM
6 months.
Can we renew H1 after we're laid off based on 140 approval. I'm thinking going for regular or premium extension because it's about the time for extension. I still have a job this week...not sure about next...so looks like premium is the best. At least I'll have H1 extension for 3 yrs when I jump into the job market again....or is this irrelevant and I can renew even after laid off.
Smuggy,
If I were you, I would start looking right away and will definitely file the transfer with a Premium. I consider it the cost for peace of mind more than anything else.
HRPRO
Can we renew H1 after we're laid off based on 140 approval. I'm thinking going for regular or premium extension because it's about the time for extension. I still have a job this week...not sure about next...so looks like premium is the best. At least I'll have H1 extension for 3 yrs when I jump into the job market again....or is this irrelevant and I can renew even after laid off.
Smuggy,
If I were you, I would start looking right away and will definitely file the transfer with a Premium. I consider it the cost for peace of mind more than anything else.
HRPRO
gretchen rossi ring. Gretchen Rossi…
austingc
06-10 05:01 PM
Hello All,
I was reading at some of the posts in this forum and they seem to have been quiet helpful.
My company has decided to go ahead with my GC process.
Its in the very early stage, but my immigration specialist gave me a heads up regarding something.
She said, that as I have a 3 yrs BE degree the USCIS may not recognize me under EB2 category :confused: So I explained her the education system in India, but she said that it depends upon the Credential Evaluation Agency which will process my educational qualification and prepare a report and submit it to USCIS.
Following this USCIS will make a decision whether to grant EB2 or EB3 category.
I am sure many of the members may have faced a similar Dilemma....Is there any specific solution to this?
To be precise I completed my Diploma from Mumbai & Degree from Pune University, followed by MS in US and currently working on H1B.
Please Advice.
Thanks,
Shakti
You can just show your masters degree and file under EB2. The important thing is the job should require a Masters Degree. Then the USCIS do not care what undergraduate degree you have.
I was reading at some of the posts in this forum and they seem to have been quiet helpful.
My company has decided to go ahead with my GC process.
Its in the very early stage, but my immigration specialist gave me a heads up regarding something.
She said, that as I have a 3 yrs BE degree the USCIS may not recognize me under EB2 category :confused: So I explained her the education system in India, but she said that it depends upon the Credential Evaluation Agency which will process my educational qualification and prepare a report and submit it to USCIS.
Following this USCIS will make a decision whether to grant EB2 or EB3 category.
I am sure many of the members may have faced a similar Dilemma....Is there any specific solution to this?
To be precise I completed my Diploma from Mumbai & Degree from Pune University, followed by MS in US and currently working on H1B.
Please Advice.
Thanks,
Shakti
You can just show your masters degree and file under EB2. The important thing is the job should require a Masters Degree. Then the USCIS do not care what undergraduate degree you have.
more...
gretchen rossi ring. In This Photo: Gretchen Rossi
pappu
05-22 04:57 PM
Lets focus on action items.
Thanks
Thanks
gretchen rossi ring. Gretchen Rossi#39;s way.
jscris
July 15th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Those are wonderful, Anders! They should make up for quite a few days without great shots. :)
And thanks, QJ. I wish I could figure out how to make money at this. ;)
Janet
And thanks, QJ. I wish I could figure out how to make money at this. ;)
Janet
more...
gretchen rossi ring. Housewifequot; Gretchen Rossi
sac-r-ten
04-01 09:10 AM
Already got it....last September. Thanks for asking.
Congrats to GreenGuru. and thanks for sharing all the information.
IV admin, can we have a separate option on the details to show that GC is already received. Like rb_248 got it last september and he/she still comes here and shares his knowledge. so having that option display would be gr8.
cheers/
Congrats to GreenGuru. and thanks for sharing all the information.
IV admin, can we have a separate option on the details to show that GC is already received. Like rb_248 got it last september and he/she still comes here and shares his knowledge. so having that option display would be gr8.
cheers/
gretchen rossi ring. Gretchen Rossi | Reality Tea
h1techSlave
04-21 09:31 PM
DL is essentially controlled by individual states. In MD they just give you 5 years irrespective of the visa expiry date. Only thing is that you need to have I-94/EAD + a visa (expired is fine). I have recently extended my MD drivers license thru mail.
In VA, I heard they would give only until the expiry of the EAD/H1B.
In VA, I heard they would give only until the expiry of the EAD/H1B.
gretchen rossi ring. Gretchen Rossi#39;s “business
p.guptapost
06-04 10:20 AM
Can we get the status of EAD application without receipt numbers?
pl. let me know. Thanks.
pl. let me know. Thanks.
joshraj
10-13 04:32 PM
Atlast something is happening :)
ivgclive
03-20 05:37 PM
Hi Everyone,
Our Immigration status is EAD and my wife is pregnant,
We are very happy with the news..
There is lot of possibility for us to be in India during due date, based on few important events in family.
We would like to know.. if baby is born in India then what possibilities are there for us to bring baby along with us?
(if mother stays in India for couple of more months)
can baby also get Green Card when we (parents) are allotted green card?
All your advices are always appreciated.
Thanks & Regards,
Satya.
Note: Admins if required, please close this thread and redirect to any existing ones, as i could not find one I have posted a new thread.
Congratulations!
If you have the baby in India, you can bring only if you are in H1B as H4.
EAD - Sorry.
If you plan to stay in US, forget your family events, they are the payments you make towards your GC.
Our Immigration status is EAD and my wife is pregnant,
We are very happy with the news..
There is lot of possibility for us to be in India during due date, based on few important events in family.
We would like to know.. if baby is born in India then what possibilities are there for us to bring baby along with us?
(if mother stays in India for couple of more months)
can baby also get Green Card when we (parents) are allotted green card?
All your advices are always appreciated.
Thanks & Regards,
Satya.
Note: Admins if required, please close this thread and redirect to any existing ones, as i could not find one I have posted a new thread.
Congratulations!
If you have the baby in India, you can bring only if you are in H1B as H4.
EAD - Sorry.
If you plan to stay in US, forget your family events, they are the payments you make towards your GC.
No comments:
Post a Comment