snhn
04-13 11:58 AM
Hello,
I am in my 8th year of H1b visa, getting extension on the basis of a pending labor . My visa notice came in today.
My lawyer says this. I-129 Approval notice from Feb 2006-2007. However my approval was
sent to consulate in Islamabad pakisan. Apparentlly my visa was not extended here in US.
I cam to know about it because it says on my I129 application. It basically says that I am
not eligible to extend my stay in the US therefore have to travel outside the country. My
wife petition,, well all she received was a letter from INS stating that her H4 application
can not be renewed because of my petition. I also states on that the H1B petitionore has a
criminal recore which is inadmissible in US. the only criminal record I have is some
traffic violations and a DWI from 2000.
Since my DWI I have been able to extend my H1 3 times in ths country. I have in fact been
able to travel out 2 times. I have never tried to get the visa extension in Pakistan
before. So I am not sure when DWI became a inadmissble offense. I got a h1 extension
approved last year. They never said anything abou that. I hav not been involved in
anything else either.
none of the conversation my lawyer has had with them, it does not specify what the criminal
record they are talkin g about. I have even talke to INS about it and they dont know either.
One other question. Can I still work even thought my visa is not extended per say. INS only
send a approval notice but not extension. The company lawyer stated that he needs to wait until he gets a letter from INS explainin what crminal back ground I have that makes me inadmissble. According to him DWI should not be the reason alone. He also stated that I can work and thet he will file an appeal in regards to this denial. If I goto pakistan, then the background check alone will take few months. If that happens, then I may loose my job here. Per INS I have to leave the country and try for extension there. But since they stated on my wife denial that I am inadmissble, the chances are they are not going to do it. Can I try goingt to Mexico to do this.
What are your thaughts.
Am I illegal right now.
Thanks!
N
I am in my 8th year of H1b visa, getting extension on the basis of a pending labor . My visa notice came in today.
My lawyer says this. I-129 Approval notice from Feb 2006-2007. However my approval was
sent to consulate in Islamabad pakisan. Apparentlly my visa was not extended here in US.
I cam to know about it because it says on my I129 application. It basically says that I am
not eligible to extend my stay in the US therefore have to travel outside the country. My
wife petition,, well all she received was a letter from INS stating that her H4 application
can not be renewed because of my petition. I also states on that the H1B petitionore has a
criminal recore which is inadmissible in US. the only criminal record I have is some
traffic violations and a DWI from 2000.
Since my DWI I have been able to extend my H1 3 times in ths country. I have in fact been
able to travel out 2 times. I have never tried to get the visa extension in Pakistan
before. So I am not sure when DWI became a inadmissble offense. I got a h1 extension
approved last year. They never said anything abou that. I hav not been involved in
anything else either.
none of the conversation my lawyer has had with them, it does not specify what the criminal
record they are talkin g about. I have even talke to INS about it and they dont know either.
One other question. Can I still work even thought my visa is not extended per say. INS only
send a approval notice but not extension. The company lawyer stated that he needs to wait until he gets a letter from INS explainin what crminal back ground I have that makes me inadmissble. According to him DWI should not be the reason alone. He also stated that I can work and thet he will file an appeal in regards to this denial. If I goto pakistan, then the background check alone will take few months. If that happens, then I may loose my job here. Per INS I have to leave the country and try for extension there. But since they stated on my wife denial that I am inadmissble, the chances are they are not going to do it. Can I try goingt to Mexico to do this.
What are your thaughts.
Am I illegal right now.
Thanks!
N
wallpaper Black Swan (2010) Movie
snowshoe
12-19 02:21 PM
I went to Consulate General of Mexico, New York this morning, when the Visa officer asked me for my air tickets I told her that I am taking a cruise that has a stop in Calica, Mexico. She told me that a visa is not required in such cases and gave me a flyer that contains this info.
This is a para about Leisure cruises:
"A foreigner of any country traveling to Mexico on leisure trips visiting Mexican maritime ports, are not required to obtain a visa or consular stamp. The passenger should carry its valid passport."
This is a para about Leisure cruises:
"A foreigner of any country traveling to Mexico on leisure trips visiting Mexican maritime ports, are not required to obtain a visa or consular stamp. The passenger should carry its valid passport."
voldemar
02-27 05:38 PM
Check this out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_visa
--------------
The Act is to relieve those who applied for immigrant visas on or before December 21, 2000. Practically, the V visa is currently not available to most of spouses and minor children of LPRs.
--------------
--------------
The Act is to relieve those who applied for immigrant visas on or before December 21, 2000. Practically, the V visa is currently not available to most of spouses and minor children of LPRs.
--------------
2011 Nonetheless, Black Swan
sriswam
06-28 06:36 PM
Guess I found the answer. e-filing is disabled for 140. USCIS was quick on the draw :)
more...
trueguy
07-31 02:56 PM
From where you got this fact? If this is the fact then PD won't be hovering in 2001 since last 5 years. In those days, PD for EB3 was always current so every body applied in EB3.
Sorry but you guys seem to forget the fact that there were very few 2001, 2002 filers.
I dont know about 2003.
Sorry but you guys seem to forget the fact that there were very few 2001, 2002 filers.
I dont know about 2003.
IneedAllGreen
02-23 01:23 PM
My Wife is attending her graduate school here. There is no need to show other than H4 visa and in most states you can have resident fees paid for your spouse study. More you can get information from the school you are intersted for H4 visa holder. Hope this help you.
Thanks
IneedAllGreen
Thanks
IneedAllGreen
more...

nk2006
07-05 12:58 PM
possible reasons
(i)USCIS dont want to see a large number applications - as Ombudsman report indicated their performance is measured based on how much time it took to process an application. If they accept 485 applications only to keep them longer it will skew their performance benchmarks to their disadvantage. (ii)Also they just dont want to work for the rest of this financial year. By making visas unavailable their work load might have come down dramatically.
(iii)Ego clashes between some higher ups between DOS and USCIS; OR the communication gap between these two orgs is just too much.
(iv) Too may anti-immigrant who wants to screw legal-immigrants at any given opportunity. This is possible too...on numbersusa website there are special instructions/appeals to USCIS staff to do a few things and also to get some info on H1b filings, I140 filings etc. Maybe these activist employees have grown in size with tacit support from higher ups.
Of course all of these are just speculations. BUT I still could not understand why USCIS went out of its way (processing 60k applicaitons in one month; 18k in one day is certainly going way toooooooo much out of their way based on their normal efficiency) to process. I am sure they might have approved many cases which they could not have done normally. Finding out this aspect should might yield a very good story for a journalist - we should highlight this aspect in our letters to media.
(i)USCIS dont want to see a large number applications - as Ombudsman report indicated their performance is measured based on how much time it took to process an application. If they accept 485 applications only to keep them longer it will skew their performance benchmarks to their disadvantage. (ii)Also they just dont want to work for the rest of this financial year. By making visas unavailable their work load might have come down dramatically.
(iii)Ego clashes between some higher ups between DOS and USCIS; OR the communication gap between these two orgs is just too much.
(iv) Too may anti-immigrant who wants to screw legal-immigrants at any given opportunity. This is possible too...on numbersusa website there are special instructions/appeals to USCIS staff to do a few things and also to get some info on H1b filings, I140 filings etc. Maybe these activist employees have grown in size with tacit support from higher ups.
Of course all of these are just speculations. BUT I still could not understand why USCIS went out of its way (processing 60k applicaitons in one month; 18k in one day is certainly going way toooooooo much out of their way based on their normal efficiency) to process. I am sure they might have approved many cases which they could not have done normally. Finding out this aspect should might yield a very good story for a journalist - we should highlight this aspect in our letters to media.
2010 breakout hit “Black Swan,”
Chicago Desi
04-13 01:02 PM
All visa stamping is now done outside US. As long as you dont travel outside of USA, you can stay legally till the date mentioned on your I-94 attached on I797. But, if your H1 extension is subjected to your visa interview in Islamabad, you have to go to interview.
I dont know what DWI is, but whatever it is, do not hide it on your visa application. AFAIK, traffic violations are not criminal offences, but I might be wrong.
You better have criminal record strighten out with DHS ASAP, one wrong info and it will become a huge problem.
Good luck.
I dont know what DWI is, but whatever it is, do not hide it on your visa application. AFAIK, traffic violations are not criminal offences, but I might be wrong.
You better have criminal record strighten out with DHS ASAP, one wrong info and it will become a huge problem.
Good luck.
more...
kannan
01-10 05:27 PM
Mine is still in CA only.no transfer and no FP
hair Ballet#39;s black swans
chanduv23
10-15 08:02 AM
You are correct Chandu !.
My manager suggested me to read this book. Actually he refered this book for one of the middle eastern issues.
Even though the company is not fully satisfied with Outsource team performance, still they want to stick to it some time beacuse of low budget and cutdown time. Outsourced company has offered 24x7 development which will attract most US companies.
I think time will come soon that we are going to have GreencardVoice.org and fight for early US citizenship for GC holders!
People resist changes, in general, many people will be under the impression that their employers will listen to them if they tell them about the harmful effects of outsourcing and prove that it does not work, but they don't realise that management does not look at it that way. All these entrepreneurs are capable and smart and they know what they are doing.
One thing people must understand that in the modren day world, if anything is constant, that is "change". Yes, "CHANGE IS CONSTANT" and one has to adapt to changes to survive in this present day world.
Issues arise time to time, and one has to face them and be bold and must do something about it rather than crib about them.
I was layed off in my 6th year of h1b and thought this is the end of world to me. Everyone around me have all sorts of crap advices like, you must be careful with your manager, you must know how to keep your job, you must learn how to butter your bosses so that you keep job when u r in 6th year of h1b etc...... but some gurus, these are folks in immigration.com who are actually in the IV founding team did gave me a lot of encouragement. I started everything new and found out that nothing is impossible if we work towards it with hard work, faith and perserverence - which is exactly what we are trying to tell people here.
Thise who realise what needs to be done here, come forward, those who do not realise, are always resistant. This is the time everyone comes forward and show support.
If you lose your job due to outsourcing, then there is nothing much you can do about it, but to look for a new job and do something about fixing the system
My manager suggested me to read this book. Actually he refered this book for one of the middle eastern issues.
Even though the company is not fully satisfied with Outsource team performance, still they want to stick to it some time beacuse of low budget and cutdown time. Outsourced company has offered 24x7 development which will attract most US companies.
I think time will come soon that we are going to have GreencardVoice.org and fight for early US citizenship for GC holders!
People resist changes, in general, many people will be under the impression that their employers will listen to them if they tell them about the harmful effects of outsourcing and prove that it does not work, but they don't realise that management does not look at it that way. All these entrepreneurs are capable and smart and they know what they are doing.
One thing people must understand that in the modren day world, if anything is constant, that is "change". Yes, "CHANGE IS CONSTANT" and one has to adapt to changes to survive in this present day world.
Issues arise time to time, and one has to face them and be bold and must do something about it rather than crib about them.
I was layed off in my 6th year of h1b and thought this is the end of world to me. Everyone around me have all sorts of crap advices like, you must be careful with your manager, you must know how to keep your job, you must learn how to butter your bosses so that you keep job when u r in 6th year of h1b etc...... but some gurus, these are folks in immigration.com who are actually in the IV founding team did gave me a lot of encouragement. I started everything new and found out that nothing is impossible if we work towards it with hard work, faith and perserverence - which is exactly what we are trying to tell people here.
Thise who realise what needs to be done here, come forward, those who do not realise, are always resistant. This is the time everyone comes forward and show support.
If you lose your job due to outsourcing, then there is nothing much you can do about it, but to look for a new job and do something about fixing the system
more...
crystal
04-10 02:30 PM
I am not sure the following question in Profile is still relavent. For new members it does not make any sense.
"Would you attend the rally in DC on Sept 18th 2007"
"Would you attend the rally in DC on Sept 18th 2007"
hot Black Swan
puskeygadha
07-17 09:11 AM
has there been any update from fragemon
more...
house Black Swan Publicity Still
vts31
10-20 02:53 AM
about painter.
1. version 5 sux.
2. ive never used 7. but i think its pretty good.
i use 6.
1. version 5 sux.
2. ive never used 7. but i think its pretty good.
i use 6.
tattoo Black Swan Rodarte States Of
newbee7
07-05 12:48 PM
It is mostly be cause they wanted to teach a lesson to DOS for opening the floodgates. Also, backlogs are one key performance indicator for USCIS and is reported to congress. If 100k, plus people apply right away and another 300k in next couple of months, it would look bad on their records.
more...
pictures Black Swan Ballet Dance Shoes
chanduv23
11-15 10:19 AM
Still only 6 people have courage to speak out. What is running in your veins, water?
We may not be able make changes in the law now but we might be able to get some relief on restrictions, that does not allow law making.
Educate yourself or suffer...
I sent u a PM
We may not be able make changes in the law now but we might be able to get some relief on restrictions, that does not allow law making.
Educate yourself or suffer...
I sent u a PM
dresses Black Swan Ballet Movie T
shx
10-12 10:46 PM
As of October 12, 2007, USCIS has completed initial data entry and issued receipt notices for applications and petitions received on or before the dates indicated:
California Service Center
Form Number Date Received
I-130 8/30/2007
N-400 8/01/2007
All Other Forms 7/30/2007
Nebraska Service Center
Form Number Date Received
I-131 8/14/2007
I-140 8/14/2007
I-485 Employment
Based 8/14/2007
I-485 Asylee 8/07/2007
I-485 Refugee 7/16/2007
I-765 8/14/2007
N-400 7/29/2007
All Other Forms 8/05/2007
Texas Service Center
Form Number Date Received
I-131 8/13/2007
I-140 concurrently filed
with I-485 8/13/2007
I-485 Employment
Based * 8/13/2007
I-765 8/13/2007
N-400 7/18/2007
All Other Forms 9/16/2007
*California Service Center and Vermont Service Center are currently assisting in data entry of employment-based I-485 and related forms (I-140, I-765, and I-131) received at Texas Service Center between the dates of 7/28 and 8/8. As a result, some applicants may receive receipt notices from a service center different than the one they originally applied to.
Vermont Service Center
Form Number Date Received
I-130 7/29/2007
N-400 7/25/2007
All Other Forms 8/01/2007
USCIS Lockbox
Form Number Date Received
TPS 9/13/2007
California Service Center
Form Number Date Received
I-130 8/30/2007
N-400 8/01/2007
All Other Forms 7/30/2007
Nebraska Service Center
Form Number Date Received
I-131 8/14/2007
I-140 8/14/2007
I-485 Employment
Based 8/14/2007
I-485 Asylee 8/07/2007
I-485 Refugee 7/16/2007
I-765 8/14/2007
N-400 7/29/2007
All Other Forms 8/05/2007
Texas Service Center
Form Number Date Received
I-131 8/13/2007
I-140 concurrently filed
with I-485 8/13/2007
I-485 Employment
Based * 8/13/2007
I-765 8/13/2007
N-400 7/18/2007
All Other Forms 9/16/2007
*California Service Center and Vermont Service Center are currently assisting in data entry of employment-based I-485 and related forms (I-140, I-765, and I-131) received at Texas Service Center between the dates of 7/28 and 8/8. As a result, some applicants may receive receipt notices from a service center different than the one they originally applied to.
Vermont Service Center
Form Number Date Received
I-130 7/29/2007
N-400 7/25/2007
All Other Forms 8/01/2007
USCIS Lockbox
Form Number Date Received
TPS 9/13/2007
more...
makeup Natalie Portman#39;s Black Swan
transpass
07-16 10:19 AM
I checked with the lawyer's office regarding levels I, II, II and IV on labor certification...The thing that determines EB2 and EB3 is what is written on the approved I-140.
For example, if it says 'Mem of Profession w/Adv Deg, or Exceptional ability Sec 203 (b) (2)' it is EB2. So it's what's checked in when u file your 140, and what it is approved for.
As far as levels I, II, III and IV are concerned, it does not matter regarding adjudication. The thing that only matters is either EB2 or EB3 (which is based on 140 approval as mentioned above) for Indians and Chinese in this case...
For example, if it says 'Mem of Profession w/Adv Deg, or Exceptional ability Sec 203 (b) (2)' it is EB2. So it's what's checked in when u file your 140, and what it is approved for.
As far as levels I, II, III and IV are concerned, it does not matter regarding adjudication. The thing that only matters is either EB2 or EB3 (which is based on 140 approval as mentioned above) for Indians and Chinese in this case...
girlfriend lack swan ballet Photos,
rajuram
08-21 12:19 AM
#4 in my post, was just to lighten the mood. Other things are definately worth considering.
Having been in these forums for years now...I know that IV cannot do much about retrogression until president decides to push for CIR. That may be at least 1 year away, if not more. Recapture of visa numbers is also next to impossible in this economy.
But somethings that may be worth trying in the interim are -
1. More flexibility in changing jobs under AC21, to allow career progression. This may not require a legislative fix.
2. Longer duration AP.
3. Fee reduction for 2nd & subsequent renewal of EADs and APs.
4. An apology from USCIS for the delay!!
Having been in these forums for years now...I know that IV cannot do much about retrogression until president decides to push for CIR. That may be at least 1 year away, if not more. Recapture of visa numbers is also next to impossible in this economy.
But somethings that may be worth trying in the interim are -
1. More flexibility in changing jobs under AC21, to allow career progression. This may not require a legislative fix.
2. Longer duration AP.
3. Fee reduction for 2nd & subsequent renewal of EADs and APs.
4. An apology from USCIS for the delay!!
hairstyles Sultry sexy russian lack swan
GCwaitforever
07-28 09:10 AM
i just lost my job and had an approved LC with that company. i have been extending my h1 for the past 3 years now. my i 140 was withdrawn when it was first applied as the company did not give all the information when my lawyer was preparing it the second time the company gave a lot of wrong information. my current h1 expirs in dec
what options do i have ?
Very sorry to hear about the job loss. I believe USCIS gives about 60 days for H-1B applicants. Please try hard to get another job within this time and apply for H-1B to stay with correct status. Without approved I-140, your earlier LC can not be used for porting old priority date.
what options do i have ?
Very sorry to hear about the job loss. I believe USCIS gives about 60 days for H-1B applicants. Please try hard to get another job within this time and apply for H-1B to stay with correct status. Without approved I-140, your earlier LC can not be used for porting old priority date.
desigirl
04-27 09:09 AM
2 bags or 1 - they are check in luggage - not to worry about it until she reaches India and gets a coolie to help her out.
I have seen many Indian ladies with toddlers, having 3-4 carry on luggage along with strollers - please make sure this does not happen. This is something that they have to hold on to for all the in between stops, and go through so many security checks...........It is painful to watch them struggle, and other passengers end up helping them.
I have seen many Indian ladies with toddlers, having 3-4 carry on luggage along with strollers - please make sure this does not happen. This is something that they have to hold on to for all the in between stops, and go through so many security checks...........It is painful to watch them struggle, and other passengers end up helping them.
GCDelay
11-30 11:17 AM
xxx
No comments:
Post a Comment