fromnaija
07-20 11:48 AM
You assume the original poster is from India. He did not state so in his post or do you know him personally?
Nice suggestion, buddy :p
New Delhi Embassy still have Aug 2007 dates available
Nice suggestion, buddy :p
New Delhi Embassy still have Aug 2007 dates available
dealsnet
08-04 12:07 PM
We will forget many legal requirement after getting GC due to the excitment.
But we need to do these things to finish our GC journey.
Thank you for this information. Never realized that this should be done.
But we need to do these things to finish our GC journey.
Thank you for this information. Never realized that this should be done.
kaisersose
07-15 01:00 PM
Hi Friends,
My Wife recently switched from H4 to EAD and started working on the EAD. She is currently doing consulting with a small company. Will she require to file a change of status with USCIS indicating that she changed from H4 to EAD.
Appreciate any assistance !
EAD is not a status. So how does her status change?
My Wife recently switched from H4 to EAD and started working on the EAD. She is currently doing consulting with a small company. Will she require to file a change of status with USCIS indicating that she changed from H4 to EAD.
Appreciate any assistance !
EAD is not a status. So how does her status change?
fromnaija
07-31 11:06 AM
Hi,
My wife is on H4 and I am on H1. We both have EAD. How ever, I have not converted to EAD and intend to be on H1 till i get my GC. Also our H4 and H1 3 year extensions are pending with CSC. My wife has a job offer for which she will need to use her EAD. The question is:
1) Can she change her status to EAD while her H4 extension is pending ?
2) Will her working on EAD jeopardise her H4 extension adjudication ? We want to maintain valid H4 as a backup.
3) What is the process for her to convert from H4 to EAD. Do we have to inform uscis ?
4) Is required, can she change her status form EAD to h4 (if we maiantain valid H4 as well)
Your quick response is appreciated. Thank You.
As far as I know, EAD is not a status but an interim benefit based on the fact that you have a pending adjustment of status. I believe your wife could work and this will not jeopardize your status. (Please note that I am not a lawyer. My answer is based on common knowledge and you may want to ask a lawyer for a legal opinion).
My wife is on H4 and I am on H1. We both have EAD. How ever, I have not converted to EAD and intend to be on H1 till i get my GC. Also our H4 and H1 3 year extensions are pending with CSC. My wife has a job offer for which she will need to use her EAD. The question is:
1) Can she change her status to EAD while her H4 extension is pending ?
2) Will her working on EAD jeopardise her H4 extension adjudication ? We want to maintain valid H4 as a backup.
3) What is the process for her to convert from H4 to EAD. Do we have to inform uscis ?
4) Is required, can she change her status form EAD to h4 (if we maiantain valid H4 as well)
Your quick response is appreciated. Thank You.
As far as I know, EAD is not a status but an interim benefit based on the fact that you have a pending adjustment of status. I believe your wife could work and this will not jeopardize your status. (Please note that I am not a lawyer. My answer is based on common knowledge and you may want to ask a lawyer for a legal opinion).
more...
chinta_ramesh
08-21 11:57 AM
It seems they want to make some progress before updating the dates :rolleyes:

jettu77
10-05 02:15 PM
I am a July 2nd filer, sent my app to NSC and got transferred to TSC , received the receipts on Sept 6th and the notice date is Sept 4th.
I was on phone with NSC customer support and was asking about AP status and the rep was saying that they are currently processing June 17th 07 AP documents and they process by the date the app's get entered into their system.
Rep asked me to wait for 90 days from the notice date for AP status.
I am not sure if this is correct and wanted to see if any one is in the same situation.
I was on phone with NSC customer support and was asking about AP status and the rep was saying that they are currently processing June 17th 07 AP documents and they process by the date the app's get entered into their system.
Rep asked me to wait for 90 days from the notice date for AP status.
I am not sure if this is correct and wanted to see if any one is in the same situation.
more...

chanduv23
07-11 11:45 AM
Hi Folks,
I am one of those guys who has EAD/AP and as per the latest (Aug 08) bulletin, my PD is current.
I just called USCIS and got my 3rd service request number since Oct 2007. So far nothing has happened.
I want to know if this is going to have a negative impact on my 485 approval in anyway? Am I not supposed to have my FP done before they can approve my 485? Isn't that a pre-requisite? I just don't want to miss one more boat due to USCIS screw ups.
Please advise/suggest...
Thanks.
Moderator: apologies for cross-posting but I needed an answer soon.
I am in the same boat. I spoke to my Attorney and she says, it is not an issue. They will ask for finger prints when they start looking at your case.
I am one of those guys who has EAD/AP and as per the latest (Aug 08) bulletin, my PD is current.
I just called USCIS and got my 3rd service request number since Oct 2007. So far nothing has happened.
I want to know if this is going to have a negative impact on my 485 approval in anyway? Am I not supposed to have my FP done before they can approve my 485? Isn't that a pre-requisite? I just don't want to miss one more boat due to USCIS screw ups.
Please advise/suggest...
Thanks.
Moderator: apologies for cross-posting but I needed an answer soon.
I am in the same boat. I spoke to my Attorney and she says, it is not an issue. They will ask for finger prints when they start looking at your case.
indio0617
12-13 01:08 PM
That was my thought process too. If the immigration systems is corrected then I believe EB3 and EB2 will become current. Then it does not make a difference. Even late 90's the retrogression was there for both Eb2 and Eb3. IN 1999 they opened up for Y2K and then again retrogressed in 2001-2002 I believe. But again after that it was all current till the current retrogression.
Exactly ! That is my line of thought too. IF there is going to be a fix, it will be a remedy across the board for all EB2 and EB3. I can live with EB3 lagging behind a bit too. I am not going to get bogged down by which one is faster.
It is important for us to contribute our bit to get some legislative fix, but it is futile to endlessly speculate which category will move faster.
Exactly ! That is my line of thought too. IF there is going to be a fix, it will be a remedy across the board for all EB2 and EB3. I can live with EB3 lagging behind a bit too. I am not going to get bogged down by which one is faster.
It is important for us to contribute our bit to get some legislative fix, but it is futile to endlessly speculate which category will move faster.
more...
inskrish
01-23 03:36 PM
I think some of the I140 dates went backwards in Nebraska. I can't understand how it can move backwards Logically, it is impossible, but to USCIS anything is possible:-)
vinzak
03-07 04:51 PM
MurthyDotCom : EAD Extension Delays - FAQs, Answers, Suggestions (http://www.murthy.com/news/n_eadmor.html)
Thanks for the link.
Apparently you can file a service request after 75 days. I guess that's good news give the overall situation.
Thanks for the link.
Apparently you can file a service request after 75 days. I guess that's good news give the overall situation.
more...
vivache
10-06 12:59 PM
What if we take a more reasonable example that McD's.
Assume a person is a pre-sales engineer and moves to customer support or development or even product management, he will have paystubs that have a reasonable amount on them. Does this solve the paystub problem or are there other issues?
Assume a person is a pre-sales engineer and moves to customer support or development or even product management, he will have paystubs that have a reasonable amount on them. Does this solve the paystub problem or are there other issues?
milmuk
07-23 11:24 AM
Hi,
I am planning to renew my AP while in India. What is the procedure to do this?
My details :
Applied for H1 transfer - Dec 15,2008 - normal category -still pending
Ap - valid till Nov 2009
EAD - valid till Nov 2010.Using AC21 for working with the present employer.
I came back to India in March, after completing the project.
My present employer wants me to come to the US only when I have a project in hand.
Based in India, it is very difficult to find the project. Also, most of the projects need US citizen, GC holder, so very less projects available to the H1-B holders. Due to the recession, working on the contract is again a problem, since companies want the permanent employee, instead of contract employee.
I understand that presently working on H1 is difficult, since one should have the project in hand before applying for H1. Sometimes, at the port of entry they ask for paystubs for all the period, ask about the end client details etc. Sometimes people were sent back, since they didn't have all the details at the port of entry.
In this scenario, I am still not sure, if coming back to US will be a good option or not.
But I may need to come if the AP renewal is not possible from India.
In present scenario, If AP renewal is not possible from India, I will have to unnecessarily travel to US on existing AP (till Nov 09).I won't be able to come on H1-B, since my H1 application is still pending even after 6 months. How can one do AP renewal while in India?
Since in the present scenario,I may not get a job(since I don't have GC/citizenship),will it be advisable to come to US just to renew AP?
My ead is valid till Nov 2010,which means If I enter US before ead expiry,I will be able to work on ead.I have lost all the hope for H1 now,since it is more than 7 months.Of course for ead,is it possible to renew it while in India?
I don't have much finances now,so travel to US just to renew ap/ead in the hope of getting gc one day,is bit problematic.I am on EB3 labor 2006 , so GC process will take atleast 5 years.
Even if I reach US for AP renewal, I have to stay there for 2-3 months,till AP gets renewed.
I am not very confortable with this situation.
I just want to keep my GC process going by renewing ap and ead.Is there any way out of this?
I think the rule is , If you don't come to the US while the AP is valid, you abandon the I-485.
Can you give me some guidence on this?
I am planning to renew my AP while in India. What is the procedure to do this?
My details :
Applied for H1 transfer - Dec 15,2008 - normal category -still pending
Ap - valid till Nov 2009
EAD - valid till Nov 2010.Using AC21 for working with the present employer.
I came back to India in March, after completing the project.
My present employer wants me to come to the US only when I have a project in hand.
Based in India, it is very difficult to find the project. Also, most of the projects need US citizen, GC holder, so very less projects available to the H1-B holders. Due to the recession, working on the contract is again a problem, since companies want the permanent employee, instead of contract employee.
I understand that presently working on H1 is difficult, since one should have the project in hand before applying for H1. Sometimes, at the port of entry they ask for paystubs for all the period, ask about the end client details etc. Sometimes people were sent back, since they didn't have all the details at the port of entry.
In this scenario, I am still not sure, if coming back to US will be a good option or not.
But I may need to come if the AP renewal is not possible from India.
In present scenario, If AP renewal is not possible from India, I will have to unnecessarily travel to US on existing AP (till Nov 09).I won't be able to come on H1-B, since my H1 application is still pending even after 6 months. How can one do AP renewal while in India?
Since in the present scenario,I may not get a job(since I don't have GC/citizenship),will it be advisable to come to US just to renew AP?
My ead is valid till Nov 2010,which means If I enter US before ead expiry,I will be able to work on ead.I have lost all the hope for H1 now,since it is more than 7 months.Of course for ead,is it possible to renew it while in India?
I don't have much finances now,so travel to US just to renew ap/ead in the hope of getting gc one day,is bit problematic.I am on EB3 labor 2006 , so GC process will take atleast 5 years.
Even if I reach US for AP renewal, I have to stay there for 2-3 months,till AP gets renewed.
I am not very confortable with this situation.
I just want to keep my GC process going by renewing ap and ead.Is there any way out of this?
I think the rule is , If you don't come to the US while the AP is valid, you abandon the I-485.
Can you give me some guidence on this?
more...
hitch
07-13 07:37 PM
Hi Dear ,
I got an ofer from boeing I saw expert comments on this forums,I appreciate if u guys help me out in this matter .I recieved an offer letter from Boeing but when HR asked me about the Export control status then she told me to have a GC or Citizen for clearence infact the position for which i got an offer letter was in comercial planes and it has nothing to do with security infact no security clrence (Exempt) is required.
could you please let me that is there any chance i can move fwdand and tell the HR about my case again .please respond to this
thx for ur help.
Hitch
I got an ofer from boeing I saw expert comments on this forums,I appreciate if u guys help me out in this matter .I recieved an offer letter from Boeing but when HR asked me about the Export control status then she told me to have a GC or Citizen for clearence infact the position for which i got an offer letter was in comercial planes and it has nothing to do with security infact no security clrence (Exempt) is required.
could you please let me that is there any chance i can move fwdand and tell the HR about my case again .please respond to this
thx for ur help.
Hitch
EndlessWait
01-10 04:45 PM
So, this would mean anyone stuck in name check should never receive FP--correct? I don't think that's the case...i know of a lot of people who get FP notices every 15 (or is it 18?) months or so and are stuck in name checks forever.
The two processes Name check & FP are parallel, not sequential.
I have myself not rcvd FP - July 2nd filer NSC-CSC-NSC transfer victim :-). My way of looking at things is that CSC transferred I-485 to NSC in late September. So my I-485 is queued after an August 17th filer. August 17th filers have rcvd their FPs recently (Bay Area, CA), so it should not be that far away. (BTW, I am not dying to get FP done, i just want to shorten my stay-alert-for-FP window and get it over with it)
USCIS works in strange ways...i may be using logic that's beyond their IQ :)
Take it easy...
just exactly what ur case status says ...mine hasn't changed ever since it transferred to nebraska..it still says "the case has been transferred to NSC becoz they've jurisdiction over it etc. etc '
thanks
The two processes Name check & FP are parallel, not sequential.
I have myself not rcvd FP - July 2nd filer NSC-CSC-NSC transfer victim :-). My way of looking at things is that CSC transferred I-485 to NSC in late September. So my I-485 is queued after an August 17th filer. August 17th filers have rcvd their FPs recently (Bay Area, CA), so it should not be that far away. (BTW, I am not dying to get FP done, i just want to shorten my stay-alert-for-FP window and get it over with it)
USCIS works in strange ways...i may be using logic that's beyond their IQ :)
Take it easy...
just exactly what ur case status says ...mine hasn't changed ever since it transferred to nebraska..it still says "the case has been transferred to NSC becoz they've jurisdiction over it etc. etc '
thanks
more...
Better_Days
06-10 06:10 PM
www.immigration-law is reporting that PP for I-140 will be re-instated when approval is needed for H1 extension and less than 60 days are left 'till H1 expiration.
A small step in the right direction.
A small step in the right direction.
lacrossegc
09-06 05:34 PM
bkarnik , I agree ...but ABC USA and ABC Canada are two totally seperate companies for immigration/H1/GC purposes.
When working in US --- ABC USA will have to pay US wages per H1B LCA, ABC Canada doesnt pay
When working in Canada -- ABC USA pays nothing, ABC Canada pays
Tax implications are complex :) but as far as I know, If taxes are being filed in US, Worldwide Income will have to be reported on the 1040 OR else file 1040 Non-Resident in which you can report only the US wages.
!!! Ask a lawyer and a tax advisor !!!!! better be safe than sorry .... but I believe that the scenario described is justifiable and legal
I believe that could be a problem. If your Company is paying you in Canada, but asking you to work in the US I am not sure if your H1 would be valid. Per my limited knowledge, H1 can be sponsored by an employer having a business in the US. I am sure this is an issue that is a clash between the tax laws and the immigration laws. I would request you to submit your question for the next attorney call and hopefully we get an clear answer.
When working in US --- ABC USA will have to pay US wages per H1B LCA, ABC Canada doesnt pay
When working in Canada -- ABC USA pays nothing, ABC Canada pays
Tax implications are complex :) but as far as I know, If taxes are being filed in US, Worldwide Income will have to be reported on the 1040 OR else file 1040 Non-Resident in which you can report only the US wages.
!!! Ask a lawyer and a tax advisor !!!!! better be safe than sorry .... but I believe that the scenario described is justifiable and legal
I believe that could be a problem. If your Company is paying you in Canada, but asking you to work in the US I am not sure if your H1 would be valid. Per my limited knowledge, H1 can be sponsored by an employer having a business in the US. I am sure this is an issue that is a clash between the tax laws and the immigration laws. I would request you to submit your question for the next attorney call and hopefully we get an clear answer.
more...
nmdial
08-04 11:02 AM
am staying in US for d past 4 yrs ,have a H1 B visa. i want to invite my younger brother and mom for a ONE month visit to US.My mom has already got 10 yrs of visa as she visited dis place in 2008. My brother has just completed his engineering , is 21 yrs of age and has got placed in infosys.His joining date is in December, so would it be easy for him to get d visitors visa as even i want him to have some fun b4 starting off with his work life. Should he carry his offer letter with him and also would it b wise to book d ticket in advance and show them d return ticket as a proof just to tell them tat he will b back in a month and also would like to know the other questions which r expected. Please HELP.Looking forward to your replies
thanks in advance:)
I am in a similar boat as I want to invite my sister on a visitor visa for a month here. I think, any document that supports the fact that the visitor will return to India is always helpful.
thanks in advance:)
I am in a similar boat as I want to invite my sister on a visitor visa for a month here. I think, any document that supports the fact that the visitor will return to India is always helpful.

ameerka_dream
04-15 10:26 AM
^^^^^^^^^^bump^^^^^^^^^^
felix31
02-12 09:53 PM
My thanks to all replies,
Here is the bottomline.
An interim rule was indeed published in the Federal Register on May 24, 2006, announcing that Premium Processing program would be expanded to include I-140, I-539, and I-765 applications.
As we already know Premium processing for I-140 is already in effect since last Fall. I am not certain about I-765, BUT the effective date for I-539 under premium processing is still unknown.
So, as both hubby's H1 and my H4 applications are pending, I will upgrade his H1 and hope that my H4 gets picked up as well. There is at least 50-50% chance for that (if they did not stopped the 'courtesy service for H4s).
The twist here is that my current H4 expires on March 16th, 2007. AND we cannot send for my (H4 to H1) transfer before APRIL 1st.
That's why I SO MUCH NEED H4 extension in hand before sending H1 in APRIL.
Here is the bottomline.
An interim rule was indeed published in the Federal Register on May 24, 2006, announcing that Premium Processing program would be expanded to include I-140, I-539, and I-765 applications.
As we already know Premium processing for I-140 is already in effect since last Fall. I am not certain about I-765, BUT the effective date for I-539 under premium processing is still unknown.
So, as both hubby's H1 and my H4 applications are pending, I will upgrade his H1 and hope that my H4 gets picked up as well. There is at least 50-50% chance for that (if they did not stopped the 'courtesy service for H4s).
The twist here is that my current H4 expires on March 16th, 2007. AND we cannot send for my (H4 to H1) transfer before APRIL 1st.
That's why I SO MUCH NEED H4 extension in hand before sending H1 in APRIL.
nviren
05-01 09:05 PM
Bkarnik,
I was also surprised to see appt available in May at Mumbai for regular (non-emergency). Only for the moment though. After May, the earlist available was in first week of Oct 06. You get to know that only when you actually want to make an appt.
ujjvalkoul, satyasaich,
About the emergency appt for returning H1, I am bit confused. Won't they ask: "Ok, so you are returning H1. So what was an emergency that you needed to travel and needs visa for?" if you have no business emergency?
Has anybody here, a returning H1B, actually got a stamp through emergency appt by just saying that he is returning H1B and without showing any proof of a need of an emergency travel?
I was also surprised to see appt available in May at Mumbai for regular (non-emergency). Only for the moment though. After May, the earlist available was in first week of Oct 06. You get to know that only when you actually want to make an appt.
ujjvalkoul, satyasaich,
About the emergency appt for returning H1, I am bit confused. Won't they ask: "Ok, so you are returning H1. So what was an emergency that you needed to travel and needs visa for?" if you have no business emergency?
Has anybody here, a returning H1B, actually got a stamp through emergency appt by just saying that he is returning H1B and without showing any proof of a need of an emergency travel?
lacrossegc
09-06 05:00 PM
" FOR the period you are outside the US" it doesnt have to be and doesnt need to be the same company ...heck you can probably go to timbuktu and work there for timbuktu Inc for all US cares ... your H1B visa will still be valid (provided you still have employment with ABC USA) and you can still enter on the visa along with a supporting job letter from ABC USA. you can still go to the offices of ABC USA and work there (provided they pay the prevailing wage for the time that you work in US, else they might open themselves to litigation (from your side for backwages) ).... ABC USA doesnt have to keep paying you in US dollars if you are not working for them in US, it will be like taking an un-paid leave of absense on an extended vacation to Canada.
The thing is that after you get the green card, you will need to come back to US and work in the same job and location as stated in the Labor Certification, atleast for about 6 months ( to avoid problems with citizenship application in the future) and then you can go to any other US employer of your choice
Well thats the quiestion does USCIS consider Company ABC USA and ABC Canada as the same company ??? Remember I will be paid in Canada on Canadian payroll.
The thing is that after you get the green card, you will need to come back to US and work in the same job and location as stated in the Labor Certification, atleast for about 6 months ( to avoid problems with citizenship application in the future) and then you can go to any other US employer of your choice
Well thats the quiestion does USCIS consider Company ABC USA and ABC Canada as the same company ??? Remember I will be paid in Canada on Canadian payroll.
No comments:
Post a Comment