
yak2121
03-25 12:36 AM
We are most fortunate, thanks to Mr. Bill Gates, Rep Smith's current bill will triple our h1b cap and it will pass. all 3 american candidates support us. we are winning:D:D:D
gcisadawg
04-30 01:37 AM
Man, this guy is a GC holder. He is going to marry a girl in India. At some point, he would become citizen and ask his wife to move with him. This is a natural process. Why is USCIS putting an unnecessary delay of several years by not allowing one's spouse to join him/her? It is beyond my understanding to think how lawmakers missed this simple reasoning!
Sorry, I don't have helpful suggestion for you but am just purely frustrated that a GC holder who wants to start a family can't do whenever he/she is ready.
-GCisaDawg
Sorry, I don't have helpful suggestion for you but am just purely frustrated that a GC holder who wants to start a family can't do whenever he/she is ready.
-GCisaDawg
sammyb
10-19 04:54 PM
if you want to pay $100, it is easy. lesser amount is very difficult. I went through pain of using my banks online bill pay. It took me an hour to set it up. And couple of days back I received an email saying the bill has been returned - probably because it is more than 90 days!
I lost valuable time , IV lost some donation.
I am not sure why paying less than $100 has been made so difficult.
if you ask me I would feel comfortable to contribute a varying amount of donation every month ... at present we have pre-determined donation option ... which I feel sometime deter people from contributing ... unless we have some issue from the service providers, can go for a user entered donation option along with the existing pre-determined options ...
I lost valuable time , IV lost some donation.
I am not sure why paying less than $100 has been made so difficult.
if you ask me I would feel comfortable to contribute a varying amount of donation every month ... at present we have pre-determined donation option ... which I feel sometime deter people from contributing ... unless we have some issue from the service providers, can go for a user entered donation option along with the existing pre-determined options ...
kannan
01-11 11:04 AM
please
Hi gcformeornot
Is yr case still in CA?Mine is still in CA..........
Hi gcformeornot
Is yr case still in CA?Mine is still in CA..........
more...
fide_champ
11-06 08:55 AM
Jet airways resumed new service to US recently. That's why you couldn't find many people traveling by Jet airways. I heard the flights are new, service is good and the travel is quite comfortable. I am travelling to chennai from EWR end of november and am looking forward to the trip.
amsgc
06-20 09:43 PM
Your interpretation of the original poster's statement and your bottom line assertion are both incorrect.
The original poster has said that s/he has a valid visa till 2010. Even if s/he has the I-94 that came with the H-1B approval notice (assuming they did a change/extension of status), that I-94 doesn't define the status of the benficiary once s/he leaves and re-enteres the country.
What matters is the Class of admission and duration of status on the most recent I-94, not just any I-94.
S/he has to have a valid I-94 to stay in the country legally. I-797 usually comes with an I-94. However, what the original poster said is that his/her I-94 is going to expire. I am interpreting the statement to mean that among the I-94's (one or more) s/he holds, the one with farthest validity is going to expire. If it does, s/he has to go out and get a new I-94 while re-entering. If s/he applies for some other status, and relevant I-797 comes with another I-94, then that's different. The bottom-line is, s/he has to have a valid I-94. It is irrelevant if the I-94 is given by the IO at the entry post or attached to an I-797.
The original poster has said that s/he has a valid visa till 2010. Even if s/he has the I-94 that came with the H-1B approval notice (assuming they did a change/extension of status), that I-94 doesn't define the status of the benficiary once s/he leaves and re-enteres the country.
What matters is the Class of admission and duration of status on the most recent I-94, not just any I-94.
S/he has to have a valid I-94 to stay in the country legally. I-797 usually comes with an I-94. However, what the original poster said is that his/her I-94 is going to expire. I am interpreting the statement to mean that among the I-94's (one or more) s/he holds, the one with farthest validity is going to expire. If it does, s/he has to go out and get a new I-94 while re-entering. If s/he applies for some other status, and relevant I-797 comes with another I-94, then that's different. The bottom-line is, s/he has to have a valid I-94. It is irrelevant if the I-94 is given by the IO at the entry post or attached to an I-797.
more...

chanduv23
08-10 11:50 AM
Get some inspiration
qtW8h5vLfn4
and make it to the meeting and rally :)
qtW8h5vLfn4
and make it to the meeting and rally :)
GCard_Dream
07-09 02:07 AM
Both my wife and I applied for our AOS together during the July fiasco. My wife received a RFE for another medical exam today. We both did our medical at the same time and were submitted with the AOS application but only my wife received the RFE for medical. I did receive another RFE but not for medical.
Why would she receive the RFE for medical? Does the medical exam also expire as the finger print does? If it does expire then why would only one of us receive the medical RFE and not the other?
Why would she receive the RFE for medical? Does the medical exam also expire as the finger print does? If it does expire then why would only one of us receive the medical RFE and not the other?
more...
simple1
06-18 04:50 PM
My intent is not to divide IV. I was just highlighting EB non-ROW.
Forgive my ignorance. Is there any specific Issues that hamper EB-ROW ?
Please enlighten me.
Why would you divide employment based immigration in to ROW vs non-ROW? Do you think folks from ROW don't deserve any relief? This is the kind of mentality which divides this small community of EB immigrants. This community is extremely small as it is in grand scheme of things so please don't try to divide it any further and make this community so small that it becomes irrelevant. Just a piece of advise.
Forgive my ignorance. Is there any specific Issues that hamper EB-ROW ?
Please enlighten me.
Why would you divide employment based immigration in to ROW vs non-ROW? Do you think folks from ROW don't deserve any relief? This is the kind of mentality which divides this small community of EB immigrants. This community is extremely small as it is in grand scheme of things so please don't try to divide it any further and make this community so small that it becomes irrelevant. Just a piece of advise.
sr1973
08-06 12:28 PM
The only LUD was on my 140, which is on 7/13 - There was no LUD on any other applications H1, EAD, AP - One LUD today after the status change. Hope this helps.
Wandmaker,
Wondering if you ever checked if your namecheck was cleared or not.
Wandmaker,
Wondering if you ever checked if your namecheck was cleared or not.
more...

hsm2007
09-20 07:28 PM
Hi Guys,
I am in tough spot. I was laid off from my GC sponsoring employer (A) in 2008 and joined another employer B . I did not do a AC21 notification. My dates are current and now I received an RFE to provide employment letter from current employer. The exact words of RFE are as follows:
"Submit a letter of employment attesting to applicant's current employment. This letter should be written on the company's official letterhead, citing the date the applicant began working, if a permanent full time position, the position offered, the position the applicant is currently working and the salary offered. Include corroborating evidence such as recent pay stubs, income tax returns, with all W2s or other evidence as appropriate. "
Now I am not working for original GC employer. I don't have a problem providing above from my current employer B. But whether the EVL should also mention that I am not working for GC sponsoring employer and that my current employers job profile is in same classification as previous based on AC21. Do I mention about the AC21 also in the letter? My current employer's attorneys are not that great but my current employer only wants me to use their own attorney.
Now here is the situation:
I have a job offer from another employer (Employer C) and they are in the middle of doing a H-1 transfer. In fact by tomorrow they will file the H1 paperwork. Now I don't know whether I should provide the letter from my potential new employer C . In that case, I won't be able to provide W2 or pay stubs until I join them. I have an opportunity to use my own attorney here (like murthy, Ron Gothcer..)
OR
should I provide a letter from my current employer using their attorneys and whether or not I should mention about AC21 in the employment letter.
Thanks.
I am in tough spot. I was laid off from my GC sponsoring employer (A) in 2008 and joined another employer B . I did not do a AC21 notification. My dates are current and now I received an RFE to provide employment letter from current employer. The exact words of RFE are as follows:
"Submit a letter of employment attesting to applicant's current employment. This letter should be written on the company's official letterhead, citing the date the applicant began working, if a permanent full time position, the position offered, the position the applicant is currently working and the salary offered. Include corroborating evidence such as recent pay stubs, income tax returns, with all W2s or other evidence as appropriate. "
Now I am not working for original GC employer. I don't have a problem providing above from my current employer B. But whether the EVL should also mention that I am not working for GC sponsoring employer and that my current employers job profile is in same classification as previous based on AC21. Do I mention about the AC21 also in the letter? My current employer's attorneys are not that great but my current employer only wants me to use their own attorney.
Now here is the situation:
I have a job offer from another employer (Employer C) and they are in the middle of doing a H-1 transfer. In fact by tomorrow they will file the H1 paperwork. Now I don't know whether I should provide the letter from my potential new employer C . In that case, I won't be able to provide W2 or pay stubs until I join them. I have an opportunity to use my own attorney here (like murthy, Ron Gothcer..)
OR
should I provide a letter from my current employer using their attorneys and whether or not I should mention about AC21 in the employment letter.
Thanks.
Sp�rL
04-23 11:00 AM
Wow top marks on the help there Templarian.
i got the SDL library etc now, and im on my way to getting started :P
w00t!!!
this pixel drawing is a bit crazy though lol.
i got the SDL library etc now, and im on my way to getting started :P
w00t!!!
this pixel drawing is a bit crazy though lol.
more...
green_world
02-13 08:59 PM
I-485?? save $$ join IV
aachoo
02-20 06:54 PM
How about the opposite problem. The LC wages are lower that what I am being paid. the LC reflects what I was being paid at the time it was filed. not sure if the lawyer screwed up. Right now, I am doing a similar job (non-IT, non-technical), but with wider responsibility and earning ~ 40% more. What now??
-a
-a
more...
Ann Ruben
03-29 08:06 PM
Yes, if the I-140 has been approved, your brother is entitled to use the 2007 PD on any subsequent I-140.
Dhundhun
11-30 02:13 PM
There are cases getting RFEs for photos / even if photos are sent, for not sending letter explaining reasons for AP and for not sending copies I485 receipts.
There are several approved cases without letter or I485 receipts.
But when I did paper based AP renewal, I made a packet of the following and recommend making similar packet:
Packet with top right (application for AP A#...)
.... I131 Application
.... Envelop (on cover describing that it contains photo and check)
........ Two pictures with name and A# on back
........ $305 check in favor of U.S. Department of Homeland Security, USCIS
.... Copy of I485 Receipt Notice
.... Copy of previous AP
.... Photo Ids (all)
........ Copy of Biographic Pages of Passport and
........ Copy of DL and
........ Copy of EAD
.... A Letter stating reason for AP, expecting delays in GC due to swing in PD, nine years of wait.
Refer to http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18737 at the end of first post also.
In this approach, there is little chance of getting RFE due to missing items and photos also will remain safe inside the inner envelop, until required.
Update: Received both APs in less than 2 months.
There are several approved cases without letter or I485 receipts.
But when I did paper based AP renewal, I made a packet of the following and recommend making similar packet:
Packet with top right (application for AP A#...)
.... I131 Application
.... Envelop (on cover describing that it contains photo and check)
........ Two pictures with name and A# on back
........ $305 check in favor of U.S. Department of Homeland Security, USCIS
.... Copy of I485 Receipt Notice
.... Copy of previous AP
.... Photo Ids (all)
........ Copy of Biographic Pages of Passport and
........ Copy of DL and
........ Copy of EAD
.... A Letter stating reason for AP, expecting delays in GC due to swing in PD, nine years of wait.
Refer to http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=18737 at the end of first post also.
In this approach, there is little chance of getting RFE due to missing items and photos also will remain safe inside the inner envelop, until required.
Update: Received both APs in less than 2 months.
more...

calboy78
01-09 12:47 PM
which service center? You can ask your employer to ask USCIS as 140 is employer's application.
Ann Ruben
06-26 09:48 AM
the answer you got is correct. you can sign as the child's father. I agree that the law is inhumane, but sadly it is the law. The baby's young age alone will not suffice as a basis for Humanitarian Parole. Again, I urge you to consult with an experienced lawyer before proceeding.
pezz77
05-24 10:02 AM
Please go ahead with the filing especially when your employer is bearing the expenses.
Everything is in flux right now and even the bill is approved, It takes some time for the new system to get in place and you can preserve the Priority Date of the LC applied under the old system, if you need to reapply as per the new merit based point system.
Thanks for answering the question Sravani... that's all I was looking for: opinion on wether or not it was best to wait or not. Have a good one.
Everything is in flux right now and even the bill is approved, It takes some time for the new system to get in place and you can preserve the Priority Date of the LC applied under the old system, if you need to reapply as per the new merit based point system.
Thanks for answering the question Sravani... that's all I was looking for: opinion on wether or not it was best to wait or not. Have a good one.
gnutin
06-10 12:43 PM
Hi Gurus,
I came to U.S in May 2006. The company for which currently I am working (Company A) filed my labor (EB2) in October 2009. The labor got approved in May 2010.
My Visa is expiring in March 2011.
Now the attorney has asked me for the documents to proceed with I140.Hopefully my I140 will be filed in couple weeks.
Now my question is that, I am planning to change my job (to employer B) in September 2010.
Please help with your valuable answers for the following questions:-
1. How long does it take to get the i140 approved?
(Regular/Premium)
It is typically taking 1 to 3 months with Regular, but there are cases stuck for much longer too. (Refer to .com for a general idea). With Premium it should be within 30-45 days.
2. What will happen to the PD if employer A withdraws or revokes my I140 approval after I join company B? Can I still carry over my PD?
You lose your PD if employer A revokes the I-140 approval. Note that this revocation is not common and is generally seen in fraud cases.
3. At this point of time how long will I get the new Visa extension when I do the H1B Transfer from employer B?
Premium processing would take less than 30 days. To be safe move after employer B receives the approval.
4. What are the documents I need from employer A if I have to carry forward my PD to the employer B's Green Card process?
You need a copy of the I-140 approval notice and a copy of your PERM labor filing. Any other documents would be a plus because they would help the employer B's attorneys to prepare similar applications.
5. Does the new job need to be the same title and job requirements as the old one?
For porting PD, the answer is no. In fact new job can be EB2 while the old one was EB3.
I came to U.S in May 2006. The company for which currently I am working (Company A) filed my labor (EB2) in October 2009. The labor got approved in May 2010.
My Visa is expiring in March 2011.
Now the attorney has asked me for the documents to proceed with I140.Hopefully my I140 will be filed in couple weeks.
Now my question is that, I am planning to change my job (to employer B) in September 2010.
Please help with your valuable answers for the following questions:-
1. How long does it take to get the i140 approved?
(Regular/Premium)
It is typically taking 1 to 3 months with Regular, but there are cases stuck for much longer too. (Refer to .com for a general idea). With Premium it should be within 30-45 days.
2. What will happen to the PD if employer A withdraws or revokes my I140 approval after I join company B? Can I still carry over my PD?
You lose your PD if employer A revokes the I-140 approval. Note that this revocation is not common and is generally seen in fraud cases.
3. At this point of time how long will I get the new Visa extension when I do the H1B Transfer from employer B?
Premium processing would take less than 30 days. To be safe move after employer B receives the approval.
4. What are the documents I need from employer A if I have to carry forward my PD to the employer B's Green Card process?
You need a copy of the I-140 approval notice and a copy of your PERM labor filing. Any other documents would be a plus because they would help the employer B's attorneys to prepare similar applications.
5. Does the new job need to be the same title and job requirements as the old one?
For porting PD, the answer is no. In fact new job can be EB2 while the old one was EB3.
TheColonial
04-27 01:35 AM
SDL is not really that confusing at all.
I never said it was. What I am saying is that it's off topic considering what he wants to achieve.
And he will have to learn it at one time or another, and why limit a program to one OS.
He will? Why?
DirectX/OpenGL can be used in a windowed environment
Again, that's got nothing to do with the desire to learn Win32.
so even if you just want to do Win32 stuff DirectX can enhance it.
And so can using the WPF in .NET, but how does that help with learning Win32?
I never said it was. What I am saying is that it's off topic considering what he wants to achieve.
And he will have to learn it at one time or another, and why limit a program to one OS.
He will? Why?
DirectX/OpenGL can be used in a windowed environment
Again, that's got nothing to do with the desire to learn Win32.
so even if you just want to do Win32 stuff DirectX can enhance it.
And so can using the WPF in .NET, but how does that help with learning Win32?
No comments:
Post a Comment