mhathi
05-16 11:19 AM
I have called all the members identified on the thread. They
were all nice to talk to and most of them said that they were
receiving a lot of calls regarding these bills. Many completed my
request for me :D
Let's all call and make these bills a reality.
P.S. I also called Sen. Menendez regarding the Murray amendment but
had to leave a voicemail.
were all nice to talk to and most of them said that they were
receiving a lot of calls regarding these bills. Many completed my
request for me :D
Let's all call and make these bills a reality.
P.S. I also called Sen. Menendez regarding the Murray amendment but
had to leave a voicemail.
wallpaper Justin Bieber Vanity Fair Pics
Berkeleybee
03-01 02:05 PM
Another improvement if I may:
Wondering if the website administrator has the ability to send a mass email to all its members. This is to inform and urge all its members to send web faxes and be more involved in planned activities.
Also, I sent a webfax to all three required personnel, but was hesitant to act since I was under the impression that I have to type the matter, choose the letter format, find the fax number for the official, etc. But later found our thats its as easy as clicking your mouse thrice.
We could have a section that tells people and members just how easy it is to send a web fax, and not having to search for the officials' fax numbers and not having to compose the letter, and such.
Lastly, launching a concerted and a planned membership drive and to reach all immigrant communites. For the fund raisers, and for memberships, we are still relying on a word of mouth which is not as efficient. IV could post some ads in those media that are immigrant friendly and has good reach.
It could also start assessing a fee for membership, and also try to reach corporate sponsors like those businesses that are immigrant owned and run. When these businesses contribute, IV can advertise them on its website as contributors, so they (the sponsors) get the business of immigrant friendly customers.
You have a lot of suggestions in there let me try and respond:
(1) Yes, we do have the ability to get in touch with our members by email. However, mass emails are a strategy to use when we want to launch a massive drive. We do send out regular newsletters, urging members to take action.
(2) We are working to make our webfax feature more transparent. I like your suggestion about letting people know how easy it is. Will try to get that in.
(3) About a concerted membership drive: I agree and we do have an ad running on Rediff; We are also trying to reach out to large organizations like NetIP.
(4) I think it would be counterproductive to charge a membership fee.
One of the big problems that any voluntary organization faces is that there are usually a lot of people with non-specific ideas and not enough people who will take an idea, come up with an action plan and execute it. We need many, many more volunteers who just take the initiative and execute.
We'd love it if you could help us by coming up with a concrete plan and execution strategy for any one of your suggestions. From idea, to steps to delivery.
I urge all the type-A get-things-done people out there to swing in to action!
best,
Berkeleybee
Wondering if the website administrator has the ability to send a mass email to all its members. This is to inform and urge all its members to send web faxes and be more involved in planned activities.
Also, I sent a webfax to all three required personnel, but was hesitant to act since I was under the impression that I have to type the matter, choose the letter format, find the fax number for the official, etc. But later found our thats its as easy as clicking your mouse thrice.
We could have a section that tells people and members just how easy it is to send a web fax, and not having to search for the officials' fax numbers and not having to compose the letter, and such.
Lastly, launching a concerted and a planned membership drive and to reach all immigrant communites. For the fund raisers, and for memberships, we are still relying on a word of mouth which is not as efficient. IV could post some ads in those media that are immigrant friendly and has good reach.
It could also start assessing a fee for membership, and also try to reach corporate sponsors like those businesses that are immigrant owned and run. When these businesses contribute, IV can advertise them on its website as contributors, so they (the sponsors) get the business of immigrant friendly customers.
You have a lot of suggestions in there let me try and respond:
(1) Yes, we do have the ability to get in touch with our members by email. However, mass emails are a strategy to use when we want to launch a massive drive. We do send out regular newsletters, urging members to take action.
(2) We are working to make our webfax feature more transparent. I like your suggestion about letting people know how easy it is. Will try to get that in.
(3) About a concerted membership drive: I agree and we do have an ad running on Rediff; We are also trying to reach out to large organizations like NetIP.
(4) I think it would be counterproductive to charge a membership fee.
One of the big problems that any voluntary organization faces is that there are usually a lot of people with non-specific ideas and not enough people who will take an idea, come up with an action plan and execute it. We need many, many more volunteers who just take the initiative and execute.
We'd love it if you could help us by coming up with a concrete plan and execution strategy for any one of your suggestions. From idea, to steps to delivery.
I urge all the type-A get-things-done people out there to swing in to action!
best,
Berkeleybee
simple1
06-18 04:50 PM
My intent is not to divide IV. I was just highlighting EB non-ROW.
Forgive my ignorance. Is there any specific Issues that hamper EB-ROW ?
Please enlighten me.
Why would you divide employment based immigration in to ROW vs non-ROW? Do you think folks from ROW don't deserve any relief? This is the kind of mentality which divides this small community of EB immigrants. This community is extremely small as it is in grand scheme of things so please don't try to divide it any further and make this community so small that it becomes irrelevant. Just a piece of advise.
Forgive my ignorance. Is there any specific Issues that hamper EB-ROW ?
Please enlighten me.
Why would you divide employment based immigration in to ROW vs non-ROW? Do you think folks from ROW don't deserve any relief? This is the kind of mentality which divides this small community of EB immigrants. This community is extremely small as it is in grand scheme of things so please don't try to divide it any further and make this community so small that it becomes irrelevant. Just a piece of advise.
2011 Cover Star| Justin Bieber

legal_la
07-12 12:11 PM
I think it is true that once you are counted in the cap you will not be counted again. so you can switch back and forth H4 and H1 without being counted in the quota.
more...
Lydia
06-15 01:36 PM
can you guys suggest how to proceed with my cases... where i am totally screwed up.
When I started to work in usa I was working for an employer in NJ after an year I got a better job offer and started to work for another employer(for whom I have been working for last 2 years).
Last Month I applied for my I140 with current employer work experience letter and co-worker letter (of my ex-employer in NJ). Now that I have an RFE for my I140 requesting me to send employer experience letter of my ex-employer. When I called up my ex-employer he was rude to me and firmly denied to provide any letter and hanged up the phone. Due to this RFE I am not able to proceed with my I485. Please let me know how to proceed...Thanking you all in advance.
When I started to work in usa I was working for an employer in NJ after an year I got a better job offer and started to work for another employer(for whom I have been working for last 2 years).
Last Month I applied for my I140 with current employer work experience letter and co-worker letter (of my ex-employer in NJ). Now that I have an RFE for my I140 requesting me to send employer experience letter of my ex-employer. When I called up my ex-employer he was rude to me and firmly denied to provide any letter and hanged up the phone. Due to this RFE I am not able to proceed with my I485. Please let me know how to proceed...Thanking you all in advance.
chunky
07-26 03:04 PM
My company filed my green card and have applied for 485 for me and my wife on July 19 with July visa bulletin reinstated. We have also applied for AP and EAD for my wife. We both are on H1 at this time. My wife' job is going to end by month end.
Does she need to file change of status to H4 or it is fine to stay in US with AOS pending status.
My 140 is still pending
Does she need to file change of status to H4 or it is fine to stay in US with AOS pending status.
My 140 is still pending
more...
adobe howm
09-02 01:52 PM
Oh man!!!! Why are you so worried? As long as you did the right thing thats all it matters. Since you also have a confirmation number, why worry?
You are freaking out UNNECESSARILY.
This reminds ne of the hindi saying " aa bail mujhe maar"
Literal translation: Hey bull, come and hit me.
:D:D:D:D:D
My Friend it does matters - Here is why - Although I changed my address online & got confirmation number every time I moved to different place - what happened was the RFE issued on my case was addressed to the place where I filed my application. Since then I moved to two different places and every time I moved I did update my address online promptly. Since RFE was posted to the old address as a result of the mail was fwd to all places where I lived in the past and finally delivered to my current address. Thanks to online status that I came to know RFE was issued on case with deadline. I received the RFE letter just about 3 days to respond. When we talked to CIS CSR about this the answer was that the IO who worked on my case got old address that was mentioned on my application itself and did not refer the address change made online. With help of my employer and attorney we were able to respond within the deadline date. I would call them and make sure the correct address and ask for confirmation letter from CIS. Hope this helps!
You are freaking out UNNECESSARILY.
This reminds ne of the hindi saying " aa bail mujhe maar"
Literal translation: Hey bull, come and hit me.
:D:D:D:D:D
My Friend it does matters - Here is why - Although I changed my address online & got confirmation number every time I moved to different place - what happened was the RFE issued on my case was addressed to the place where I filed my application. Since then I moved to two different places and every time I moved I did update my address online promptly. Since RFE was posted to the old address as a result of the mail was fwd to all places where I lived in the past and finally delivered to my current address. Thanks to online status that I came to know RFE was issued on case with deadline. I received the RFE letter just about 3 days to respond. When we talked to CIS CSR about this the answer was that the IO who worked on my case got old address that was mentioned on my application itself and did not refer the address change made online. With help of my employer and attorney we were able to respond within the deadline date. I would call them and make sure the correct address and ask for confirmation letter from CIS. Hope this helps!
2010 justin bieber vanity fair

GCard_Dream
07-10 02:48 PM
I found the answer from the I-693 form. X-ray is only needed in the following situation:
Chest X-Ray - Required ONLY for TST reactions of > 5mm or if specific TST exception criteria met, or for an applicant with TB symptoms or immunosuppression (e.g., HIV). Attach copy of X-Ray Report.
Here is the detailed explanation from USCIS on the the new TB test requirements:
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/civil_surgeons_ti.pdf
Chest X-Ray - Required ONLY for TST reactions of > 5mm or if specific TST exception criteria met, or for an applicant with TB symptoms or immunosuppression (e.g., HIV). Attach copy of X-Ray Report.
Here is the detailed explanation from USCIS on the the new TB test requirements:
http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dq/pdf/civil_surgeons_ti.pdf
more...
gc_mania_03
10-01 11:14 AM
Add me in..
hair Guy(s): Justin Bieber
sanju
03-12 10:52 AM
Here is another one
really funny...
but hey it should go in the "Lighten Up" thread, instead of creating a new thread. just a thought.
I decide to clean off the front patio. I start to the patio and notice mail on the desk that needs to be taken down to the Post Office. OK, I'm going to the Post Office . . .
BUT FIRST I'm going to go through the mail that was delivered. I lay the car keys down on desk. After discarding the junk mail, I notice the trash can is full. OK, I'll just put the bills on my desk . . .
BUT FIRST I'll take the trash out. But since I'm going to be near the mailbox, I'll address a few bills . . . Yes, Now where is the checkbook? Oops.. there's only one check left. Where did I put the extra checks? Oh, there is my empty coffee cup from last night on my desk. I'm going to look for those checks . . .
BUT FIRST I need to put the cup back in the kitchen. I start to head for the kitchen and look out at my balcony, notice the flowers need a drink of water because of the extreme heat. I put the cup on the counter and there's my extra pair of glasses on the kitchen counter.
What are they doing here? I'll just put them away . . .
BUT FIRST need to water those plants. I head for the door and . . .
Aaaagh!!! Someone left the TV remote on the wrong spot. Okay, I'll put the remote away and water the plants on my balcony . . .
BUT FIRST I need to find those checks.
END OF DAY: The patio has not been cleaned, bills still unpaid, cup still on the counter, checkbook still has only one check left, lost my car keys . . .
And, when I try to figure out how come nothing got done today, I'm baffled because . . .
I KNOW I WAS BUSY ALL DAY!
I realize this condition is serious . . .
I'd get help . . .
BUT FIRST . . . I think I'll start a new thread.
Fool its not me, its the AAADD I was recently diagnosed with.
.
really funny...
but hey it should go in the "Lighten Up" thread, instead of creating a new thread. just a thought.
I decide to clean off the front patio. I start to the patio and notice mail on the desk that needs to be taken down to the Post Office. OK, I'm going to the Post Office . . .
BUT FIRST I'm going to go through the mail that was delivered. I lay the car keys down on desk. After discarding the junk mail, I notice the trash can is full. OK, I'll just put the bills on my desk . . .
BUT FIRST I'll take the trash out. But since I'm going to be near the mailbox, I'll address a few bills . . . Yes, Now where is the checkbook? Oops.. there's only one check left. Where did I put the extra checks? Oh, there is my empty coffee cup from last night on my desk. I'm going to look for those checks . . .
BUT FIRST I need to put the cup back in the kitchen. I start to head for the kitchen and look out at my balcony, notice the flowers need a drink of water because of the extreme heat. I put the cup on the counter and there's my extra pair of glasses on the kitchen counter.
What are they doing here? I'll just put them away . . .
BUT FIRST need to water those plants. I head for the door and . . .
Aaaagh!!! Someone left the TV remote on the wrong spot. Okay, I'll put the remote away and water the plants on my balcony . . .
BUT FIRST I need to find those checks.
END OF DAY: The patio has not been cleaned, bills still unpaid, cup still on the counter, checkbook still has only one check left, lost my car keys . . .
And, when I try to figure out how come nothing got done today, I'm baffled because . . .
I KNOW I WAS BUSY ALL DAY!
I realize this condition is serious . . .
I'd get help . . .
BUT FIRST . . . I think I'll start a new thread.
Fool its not me, its the AAADD I was recently diagnosed with.
.
more...
Madhuri
05-04 11:34 AM
I know one of my friend who applied 3 different LCs thr' different employers and he finally applied thr' PERM and got approval. But his all 3 cases are still in pending queue. There might be many others who did this and together it may be quite substantial number. Of course no way to extract this kind of data.
Folks,
I was analysing the data based on posts in various immigration websites for India based filings. The data could be very well wrong too. (data for India folks as below).
It appears on rough estimates :
2005
EB1 - 4000
EB2 - 26000
EB3 - 39000
2004
EB1 - 5500
EB2 - 32000
Eb3 - 36000
Folks,
I was analysing the data based on posts in various immigration websites for India based filings. The data could be very well wrong too. (data for India folks as below).
It appears on rough estimates :
2005
EB1 - 4000
EB2 - 26000
EB3 - 39000
2004
EB1 - 5500
EB2 - 32000
Eb3 - 36000
hot justin bieber new pictures of
s_r_e_e
08-14 12:07 PM
Easy...
Q6: What happens if an application is filed at the wrong Service Center?
A6. Forms I-485 should be filed at either the Texas or Nebraska Service Centers. However, through August 17, 2007 only, employment-based adjustment applications filed at the California and Vermont Service Centers will not be rejected and will be relocated to the appropriate Service Center. Filing at the wrong location could result in processing delays.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/EBFAQ1.pdf
Q6: What happens if an application is filed at the wrong Service Center?
A6. Forms I-485 should be filed at either the Texas or Nebraska Service Centers. However, through August 17, 2007 only, employment-based adjustment applications filed at the California and Vermont Service Centers will not be rejected and will be relocated to the appropriate Service Center. Filing at the wrong location could result in processing delays.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/EBFAQ1.pdf
more...
house Depending on how the magazine
okuzmin
07-13 11:26 AM
If you invest more than 1 million(like bechams hollywood hills home) in US you are eligible to apply for a greencard
You're a bit confused. To get investor's visa, you need to invest either in certain underdeveloped areas (half a million will be sufficient), or you need to create a certain number of jobs with your investment/business. I wonder, however, if one would qualify by buying an expensive house and providing jobs for 10+ people maintaining your house on a full-time basis. :)
You're a bit confused. To get investor's visa, you need to invest either in certain underdeveloped areas (half a million will be sufficient), or you need to create a certain number of jobs with your investment/business. I wonder, however, if one would qualify by buying an expensive house and providing jobs for 10+ people maintaining your house on a full-time basis. :)
tattoo Justin-ieber-vanity-fair-
ivar
03-12 11:36 PM
Received a mail for myself and my wife. welcome to USA. But no email from CRIS.
:):):):):):)
Congratulations. You deserved it after such a long wait. Enjoy your GC. :)
:):):):):):)
Congratulations. You deserved it after such a long wait. Enjoy your GC. :)
more...
pictures Hot or Not: Justin Bieber?

immi_seeker
10-05 12:43 AM
This Thread is to start the ball rolling for meet & greet for Arizona members. Arizona memebers especially the folks living in phoenix/Chandler/Gilbert/Mesa/Tempe area , if interested pls come forward and post on this thread.
We could setup something in the near future (some weekend or friday)on october itself ) so we can get to know each other and discuss about any future course of action from a state chapter perspective.
We could setup something in the near future (some weekend or friday)on october itself ) so we can get to know each other and discuss about any future course of action from a state chapter perspective.
dresses justin bieber vanity fair
pansworld
07-07 04:26 PM
But at least they will be alerted to a problem. Maybe someone will take notice. Maybe they wont. If not we will figure something else out...my two cents
more...
makeup Justin Bieber recently had a
sac-r-ten
03-22 11:03 AM
Thanks Sac-e-ten,
My husband will talk to lawyer soon ....but he's very depressed and me too...what are the options do we have ...do we need to file appeal through lawyer ...my company is not showing any interests. Sir ..please advise..ur help will be highly appreciated...
Yes, i think you have to appeal through a lawyer.
1. BTW what questions were asked to you during interview?
2. Also the denial says " the petetioner does not appear to be either able or willing to provide qualifying employemnt for the principle applicant in the united states in accordance with a appropriate laws and regulations". Do they mention what law? Does it mention employee-employer relationship?
If employer is not showing interest, then you have to talk to the employer about hiring your own lawyer and filing appeal and/or new h4 petition for you.
Also, there is free-attorney sessions every 1st 3 thursdays of the month here on IV. check with ivcoordinator@gmail.com for that.
Also, don't call anybody Sir out here. we are all in diff sections of the same boat called Immigration sailing against tide called USCIS.
Hope things get resolved for you.Good luck.
My husband will talk to lawyer soon ....but he's very depressed and me too...what are the options do we have ...do we need to file appeal through lawyer ...my company is not showing any interests. Sir ..please advise..ur help will be highly appreciated...
Yes, i think you have to appeal through a lawyer.
1. BTW what questions were asked to you during interview?
2. Also the denial says " the petetioner does not appear to be either able or willing to provide qualifying employemnt for the principle applicant in the united states in accordance with a appropriate laws and regulations". Do they mention what law? Does it mention employee-employer relationship?
If employer is not showing interest, then you have to talk to the employer about hiring your own lawyer and filing appeal and/or new h4 petition for you.
Also, there is free-attorney sessions every 1st 3 thursdays of the month here on IV. check with ivcoordinator@gmail.com for that.
Also, don't call anybody Sir out here. we are all in diff sections of the same boat called Immigration sailing against tide called USCIS.
Hope things get resolved for you.Good luck.
girlfriend “What do I love about Justin?
cdeneo
12-28 07:28 PM
I am not sure how useful doing an MBA from an Indian school would be if one is planning to get back to the U.S. (or the western world in general) I did mine from IIM Ahmedabad, and find it pretty much worthless here.
any idea on an INSEAD's MBA value when returning to the US to work? I know it holds in good stand in Europe and Asia...
any idea on an INSEAD's MBA value when returning to the US to work? I know it holds in good stand in Europe and Asia...
hairstyles Justin Bieber opens up about
roseball
03-17 11:52 PM
You can try re-sending the pkt with a label in bright color with text "Not to be opened by mailroom" so the package can be opened by an IO..Include a cover letter with the details/proof of your earlier application....You can give this a shot but its solely upto the IO to decide whether he accepts your application or not..In the meantime, I would also start a fresh LC process....Sorry about your situation, but there is nothing you can do.....One more case of lawyer screw up......
pamposh
10-26 08:36 AM
Can someone give the website where I can check the case status? thanks.
here u go..
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp;jsessionid=acbuRQ5kXPn7BeAyQyCxr
here u go..
https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/login.jsp;jsessionid=acbuRQ5kXPn7BeAyQyCxr
nozerd
01-24 11:31 AM
Personally I feel the most disgusting of all the provisions is country quota. Why the hec should 2 employees in excat same situation be discriminated because of country of birth ?
I can believe its even legal. They should get rid of it.
I can believe its even legal. They should get rid of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment