amitjoey
08-15 12:58 PM
I filed in last week of June but have still not issued receipts. There are many like me. At the same time, some July 2 filers have receipts.
The explantion for this is that USCIS does not stricly follow first in, first out. They continue to process applications and issue receipt notices haphazardly, that is why some early filers have not recieved RNs while some later filers have. This has created a lot of confusion and anxiety.
The only thing that can help us is a legislative fix. Please help IV help ourselves!
Absolutely right, how otherwise do you explain that they issued card production for people with PD's in 2004, (Dates not current in June) on July 2nd and in an hour and then said the visas are unavailable.
NO FIFO whatsoever.
They just saved themselves by retracting the VB of JULY, or else they would have faced lawsuits, and investigation which would have shown all irregularities and fraud.
The explantion for this is that USCIS does not stricly follow first in, first out. They continue to process applications and issue receipt notices haphazardly, that is why some early filers have not recieved RNs while some later filers have. This has created a lot of confusion and anxiety.
The only thing that can help us is a legislative fix. Please help IV help ourselves!
Absolutely right, how otherwise do you explain that they issued card production for people with PD's in 2004, (Dates not current in June) on July 2nd and in an hour and then said the visas are unavailable.
NO FIFO whatsoever.
They just saved themselves by retracting the VB of JULY, or else they would have faced lawsuits, and investigation which would have shown all irregularities and fraud.
vin13
01-08 11:06 AM
I returned back from India a few days ago. My experience was very similar to "LostInGCProcess". The only difference was that i had only 2 copies of AP. They kept one and gave me one.
So, it should not be a problem if you have 2 AP copies. Just make sure you come out of Immigration with 1 copy for your future travels.
They will not take the only copy you have if you make another trip out of the country before it expires.
You need just the AP and Passport. Please let the officer know that you are using AP. Or they will keep looking through your passport for a visa.
It is good to have supporting documents such as I-485 receipt, I-140 approval, recent paystubs, employment letter from your HR (stating you are still employed). As 'LostInGCProcess" said, please do not provide them until reqested
So, it should not be a problem if you have 2 AP copies. Just make sure you come out of Immigration with 1 copy for your future travels.
They will not take the only copy you have if you make another trip out of the country before it expires.
You need just the AP and Passport. Please let the officer know that you are using AP. Or they will keep looking through your passport for a visa.
It is good to have supporting documents such as I-485 receipt, I-140 approval, recent paystubs, employment letter from your HR (stating you are still employed). As 'LostInGCProcess" said, please do not provide them until reqested
a1b2c3
12-19 02:28 PM
Practice what you preach.
BTW myself and majority of members on this forum hasn't replaced any American worker.
Yeah, right :D! BTW your long hopeless wait for gc has driven you crazy :D
BTW myself and majority of members on this forum hasn't replaced any American worker.
Yeah, right :D! BTW your long hopeless wait for gc has driven you crazy :D
americandesi
08-11 06:32 PM
On exploring this topic further, I found that, at times, DOL conducts an audit to check if the employer paid the proffered wage to the beneficiary after GC approval. In case of a violation, DOL bans the employer from processing further H1’s or GC’s.
On rare occasions, USCIS revokes previously approved GC’s in case of fraud.
Also during naturalization, USCIS checks the duration of employment with the GC position after I-485 approval. Naturalization might be denied if the duration of employment is very short.
On rare occasions, USCIS revokes previously approved GC’s in case of fraud.
Also during naturalization, USCIS checks the duration of employment with the GC position after I-485 approval. Naturalization might be denied if the duration of employment is very short.
more...
hpandey
03-22 02:50 PM
Did your new H1 come with an I-94 attached at the bottom or not ? If not then it means that you have to go out of US and get the H1 visa stamped. Also it means that you are still out of status since you do not have a valid I-94.
Yes potentially as per law you could be barred entry to US for 3 years but sometimes if you do everything legally the CBP officers overlook that. It all depends at the officer at the consulate for stamping and then at the port of entry.
You can hope to be lucky but what your lawyer says is correct.
Best of luck.
I am not a lawyer so your lawyer's advise would be best.
Yes potentially as per law you could be barred entry to US for 3 years but sometimes if you do everything legally the CBP officers overlook that. It all depends at the officer at the consulate for stamping and then at the port of entry.
You can hope to be lucky but what your lawyer says is correct.
Best of luck.
I am not a lawyer so your lawyer's advise would be best.
RayP
12-14 01:16 AM
Partially in reply to Lazycis :
So, LAZYCIS, while you delayed to renew the EAD... you possibly were in US working on H1B. My situation is a little different, I am planning to leave the country for a year... so
1) Wanted to check if I can stay out of US for that long while AoS in pending...is there any such restriction that you can be away for only 2 months.
2) That potentially means I won't be getting paid in US... so no payroll for that much time, Is there any restriction on how many payslips I can miss.
Any help in this regard....
So, LAZYCIS, while you delayed to renew the EAD... you possibly were in US working on H1B. My situation is a little different, I am planning to leave the country for a year... so
1) Wanted to check if I can stay out of US for that long while AoS in pending...is there any such restriction that you can be away for only 2 months.
2) That potentially means I won't be getting paid in US... so no payroll for that much time, Is there any restriction on how many payslips I can miss.
Any help in this regard....
more...
atulnayak1
02-19 12:03 PM
Franks Red Hot sauce, I put that sh&t on EVERYTHING!
reddy_73
10-02 02:59 PM
even i have the same thing, mine was received by NSC and receipt mailed by NSC.
section says as UNKNOWN, called USCIS and she does not know any thing about it
section says as UNKNOWN, called USCIS and she does not know any thing about it
more...
eb3stuck
09-22 07:20 PM
Well, I don't see a problem with that. If you can file 485 without clearing 140, why can't you file 485 without clearing labor?
We should stay modest? There are a lot of us who have waited 4+ years for labor. I think that's enough modesty and patience.
I think this is still in USICS control to allow I485 to file even if priority date is not current.
We should stay modest? There are a lot of us who have waited 4+ years for labor. I think that's enough modesty and patience.
I think this is still in USICS control to allow I485 to file even if priority date is not current.
kewlchap
04-06 01:15 AM
Hello all,
Anyone knows if there is a certain length of time that I need to be employed with my GC sponsor after 485 approval?
I have heard 3-4 months, but I am wondering if there is legal time limit or if this is a "good faith" limit.
Appreciate responses.
Anyone knows if there is a certain length of time that I need to be employed with my GC sponsor after 485 approval?
I have heard 3-4 months, but I am wondering if there is legal time limit or if this is a "good faith" limit.
Appreciate responses.
more...
yabadaba
05-24 02:18 PM
Thank you for your comment and the information. Wayne Greene, city editor
>>> <XXXXXX@hotmail.com> 05/23/06 8:32 PM >>>
Name: Y abadaba
Email: XXXXXXXXX
Phone:
City: Atlanta
State: GA
Headline: Still waiting for green card
Publish Date: 5/23/2006
Intended for Publication: No
Comments:
Sir,
This article hits the nail right on the head. However there is one footnote that
needs to be added.
Assuming Salil Pradhan is in the EB-2 Category (Alien with Exceptional Ability
or Advanced degree), if he was born in Mexico he could apply for his I-485, also called adjustment of status, right away.
Just because he was born in India he is being subjected to this backlog
>>> <XXXXXX@hotmail.com> 05/23/06 8:32 PM >>>
Name: Y abadaba
Email: XXXXXXXXX
Phone:
City: Atlanta
State: GA
Headline: Still waiting for green card
Publish Date: 5/23/2006
Intended for Publication: No
Comments:
Sir,
This article hits the nail right on the head. However there is one footnote that
needs to be added.
Assuming Salil Pradhan is in the EB-2 Category (Alien with Exceptional Ability
or Advanced degree), if he was born in Mexico he could apply for his I-485, also called adjustment of status, right away.
Just because he was born in India he is being subjected to this backlog
lazycis
04-17 04:51 PM
see http://bibdaily.com/pdfs/Pegasus%203-31-08.pdf
more...
chaks7
01-19 04:10 PM
My wife's co. provides health insurance for both of us. We are both on H1-B.
If my wife quits her job, can we still be eligible for COBRA because at that point she will be doing COS to H4. If someone has any experience or knowledge about this please reply. It will help us deal things better as we are better prepared with what could be our options.
Does COBRA depend on H1-B status? Also recently Obama administration has worked a plan where the payments on COBRA are less than the usual amounts, COBRA subsidy? Can you provide details regarding that?
If my wife quits her job, can we still be eligible for COBRA because at that point she will be doing COS to H4. If someone has any experience or knowledge about this please reply. It will help us deal things better as we are better prepared with what could be our options.
Does COBRA depend on H1-B status? Also recently Obama administration has worked a plan where the payments on COBRA are less than the usual amounts, COBRA subsidy? Can you provide details regarding that?
fcres
08-09 10:08 AM
I thought in one of the recent memos it stated its the date when the application is mailed. I will try to dig it out.
more...
sgupta33
03-20 03:56 PM
bump
reachinus
09-26 01:52 PM
I think you are already late. You should have done all you can, like meeting the senator, writing to uscis, infopass appt, as soon as you PD was current. Now the Visa numbers are over for the FY 2010. You may get lucky in October when new visa number are available. Hope this helps.
Hello,
The 485 applications for me and wife are still being processed by USCIS in Los Angeles. My priority date (August 1, 2005) became current almost 3 months ago.
We have waited patiently since the priority date became current. There has been no movement except that they wanted to fingerprint us again, which we completed 2 months ago. My lawyer says he put in two referral inquiries but of no avail.
I have already obtained InfoPass for a couple of weeks from now. I will go and check in with the USCIS office here in LA.
1. What should my next steps be? Write to my senator? Or should I wait until after the InfoPass appointment
2. Am I pushing too hard on USCIS? Is it that they are simply backlogged? Should I just wait more?
I am concerned that the dates will retrogress again. Any advice or comments will be helpful.
Thanks,
SR
Hello,
The 485 applications for me and wife are still being processed by USCIS in Los Angeles. My priority date (August 1, 2005) became current almost 3 months ago.
We have waited patiently since the priority date became current. There has been no movement except that they wanted to fingerprint us again, which we completed 2 months ago. My lawyer says he put in two referral inquiries but of no avail.
I have already obtained InfoPass for a couple of weeks from now. I will go and check in with the USCIS office here in LA.
1. What should my next steps be? Write to my senator? Or should I wait until after the InfoPass appointment
2. Am I pushing too hard on USCIS? Is it that they are simply backlogged? Should I just wait more?
I am concerned that the dates will retrogress again. Any advice or comments will be helpful.
Thanks,
SR
more...
lonedesi
01-09 01:57 PM
Is anyone's I-140 being processed at Vermont Service Center? Any updates from that center, regarding processing, transfer of case from VSC to TSC/NSC? Please post updates.
vts31
10-22 04:23 PM
wtf! u guys are fast!
gxtrader
08-17 02:27 PM
HOW your answer relates to my question?
Think, deside and do and don't think again! But Review it.
..Maybe he thought he heard you say..
"Don't think, decide and do and don't think again! And don't review it. :)
Don't worry too much..worst case is to re-file ead & ap w/ newer fees.
He'll eventually get GC & will be driving a Lexas in Dallus, Texus ;).
Think, deside and do and don't think again! But Review it.
..Maybe he thought he heard you say..
"Don't think, decide and do and don't think again! And don't review it. :)
Don't worry too much..worst case is to re-file ead & ap w/ newer fees.
He'll eventually get GC & will be driving a Lexas in Dallus, Texus ;).
aachoo
03-23 12:36 AM
Could someone tell me please.....I'm filling the application for advance parole the first time......what should I write where it is written: " Date of intended departure"...if I dont know exactly when I'm leaving....should I write a date or should I write " I dont know yet?"
And also I read that the documents required are 2 photos, I-485 receipt notice, I-140 approval notice.....is that right? or what other documents do I need?
I would highly appreciate your help!
Thnaks in advance!
I am on my third AP- all filed through my attorney. All my applications say "ASAP". Length says "several weeks"
-a
And also I read that the documents required are 2 photos, I-485 receipt notice, I-140 approval notice.....is that right? or what other documents do I need?
I would highly appreciate your help!
Thnaks in advance!
I am on my third AP- all filed through my attorney. All my applications say "ASAP". Length says "several weeks"
-a
vb1589
05-04 09:13 AM
Good job cagedcactus.
As I said it was work of a fellow member. But I dont see why you cant use the same letter. If you think this is a good format, please go ahead and use it.
thanks.....
As I said it was work of a fellow member. But I dont see why you cant use the same letter. If you think this is a good format, please go ahead and use it.
thanks.....
No comments:
Post a Comment