thomachan72
05-13 10:43 AM
Hi Michael, just curious. Are you doing this alone? Don't have an attorney? I am not suggesting you should have one but just curious. If only we could all do this without hiring attorneys.
Most of my friends who belong to countries with PD current are doing it themselves. They are surprised when I tell them that I use an attorney.
Most of my friends who belong to countries with PD current are doing it themselves. They are surprised when I tell them that I use an attorney.
piyu7444
05-06 03:05 AM
Folks,
I received a Transfer notice today for both me and my wife suggesting that our I-485 petitions have been transferred to the local USCIS office. Below is the exact message.
Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing because it has jurisdiction over the case.
On April 30, 2009, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our LOS ANGELES, CA location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our LOS ANGELES, CA location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
From what I could find through browsing through various forums is that usually one ends up getting an interview when this happens. Does anybody have any other thoughts? or has anybody received a similar notice recently?
To get an answer just visit this thread
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=339084#post339084
I received a Transfer notice today for both me and my wife suggesting that our I-485 petitions have been transferred to the local USCIS office. Below is the exact message.
Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing because it has jurisdiction over the case.
On April 30, 2009, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our LOS ANGELES, CA location for processing because they now have jurisdiction over the case. We sent you a notice of this transfer. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our LOS ANGELES, CA location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
From what I could find through browsing through various forums is that usually one ends up getting an interview when this happens. Does anybody have any other thoughts? or has anybody received a similar notice recently?
To get an answer just visit this thread
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?p=339084#post339084

jasmin45
10-03 02:24 PM
Greetings,
Here’s what I got from my attorney on Monday, October 1st 07. It seems there was a conference call of some sort with USCIS officials past week. Thought this will just keep you informed if you haven’t heard about this yet. Please check with your attorney for confirmation.
Below is the summary FYI only.
1. Expect further retrogressions on the visa bulletins
2. USCIS received approximately 800,000 total applications in July and August in addition, they received 100,000 family based I-485 cases in July
3. Do not expect premium processing to be re-instated for I-140s for a while
4. There is a big problem with the receipt notice updates that are being published by USCIS—they are not accurate and they are further behind than they are publishing. Aytes is trying to fix this discrepancy.
5. If you submitted photos with the EAD applications, then Aytes said you will get your EAD faster than those who did not
6. Expect changes in regulations to permit H and L people to travel without the I-485 receipt notice due to the major backlog in receipting
7. Aytes said they are trying to set it up that next year the EAD and Advance Paroles will be issued for more than a one year expiration and that there may possibly be one document issued for both the EAD and APs. More on this will come by the end of the year.
8. Backlog Elimination Centers (BEC) should be up to date in one month
9. Since the BEC will be updated, Carlson said to expect an increase in audits for the PERM cases at the end of this year and next year----make sure ALL of the recruitment requirements are being met; no fraud involved; employees not being required to pay or pay back labor expenses; employees not involved in the recruitment, etc.
10. 20% of PERM cases are being denied
11. Atlanta’s motions for reconsiderations should be processed faster soon
12. New PERM form on March 28, 2008
13. Carlson stated that the DOL’s position on attorney fees are the foreign national can have an attorney represent him/her for letters of support, previous job descriptions etc. to prepare for the upcoming I-140 stage and ensure that he fits the already prepared job offer requirements, but ALL fees and costs associated with the PERM filing (job offer requirements, advertising, recruitment, preparing the form, filing the form, motions, etc) MUST be paid by the company. FAQ’s are on the DOL website.
14. Work site enforcement----expect CIS officers to request to see I-9s---Make sure the I-9s are being properly completed by the employers.
15. I-9 raids are a hot topic!!!! For example, the city Reno (NV) saw several McDonald restaurants raided on Thursday—this is expected to happen all over the USA and with all types of employers. PLEASE make sure you have the I-9s in a separate place and handy in case of a raid. If I-9s are with other paperwork, then the raiding officer will review it all!
16. WATCH OUT FOR DUIs---in both nonimmigrant and immigrant cases!!! Delays are occurring in these cases.
17. The US consulates and CBP are Googling you!
Here’s what I got from my attorney on Monday, October 1st 07. It seems there was a conference call of some sort with USCIS officials past week. Thought this will just keep you informed if you haven’t heard about this yet. Please check with your attorney for confirmation.
Below is the summary FYI only.
1. Expect further retrogressions on the visa bulletins
2. USCIS received approximately 800,000 total applications in July and August in addition, they received 100,000 family based I-485 cases in July
3. Do not expect premium processing to be re-instated for I-140s for a while
4. There is a big problem with the receipt notice updates that are being published by USCIS—they are not accurate and they are further behind than they are publishing. Aytes is trying to fix this discrepancy.
5. If you submitted photos with the EAD applications, then Aytes said you will get your EAD faster than those who did not
6. Expect changes in regulations to permit H and L people to travel without the I-485 receipt notice due to the major backlog in receipting
7. Aytes said they are trying to set it up that next year the EAD and Advance Paroles will be issued for more than a one year expiration and that there may possibly be one document issued for both the EAD and APs. More on this will come by the end of the year.
8. Backlog Elimination Centers (BEC) should be up to date in one month
9. Since the BEC will be updated, Carlson said to expect an increase in audits for the PERM cases at the end of this year and next year----make sure ALL of the recruitment requirements are being met; no fraud involved; employees not being required to pay or pay back labor expenses; employees not involved in the recruitment, etc.
10. 20% of PERM cases are being denied
11. Atlanta’s motions for reconsiderations should be processed faster soon
12. New PERM form on March 28, 2008
13. Carlson stated that the DOL’s position on attorney fees are the foreign national can have an attorney represent him/her for letters of support, previous job descriptions etc. to prepare for the upcoming I-140 stage and ensure that he fits the already prepared job offer requirements, but ALL fees and costs associated with the PERM filing (job offer requirements, advertising, recruitment, preparing the form, filing the form, motions, etc) MUST be paid by the company. FAQ’s are on the DOL website.
14. Work site enforcement----expect CIS officers to request to see I-9s---Make sure the I-9s are being properly completed by the employers.
15. I-9 raids are a hot topic!!!! For example, the city Reno (NV) saw several McDonald restaurants raided on Thursday—this is expected to happen all over the USA and with all types of employers. PLEASE make sure you have the I-9s in a separate place and handy in case of a raid. If I-9s are with other paperwork, then the raiding officer will review it all!
16. WATCH OUT FOR DUIs---in both nonimmigrant and immigrant cases!!! Delays are occurring in these cases.
17. The US consulates and CBP are Googling you!

mzafar125
08-19 12:40 AM
Folks,
I am a July filer, I called USCIS last week and they stated that they need a new set of biometrics. I had initially given my biometrics after I filed my AOS last year in July 2007. According to what I have read USCIS should be able to retrieve my biometrics from their Biometric storage system. Should I call USCIS and argue with them which may be futile. Or should I just bite the bullet and await the new biometric appointment. I would appreciate any input.
PD: 10/2002
I-140 - Approved Jan 2007
Category - EB3, ROW
I am a July filer, I called USCIS last week and they stated that they need a new set of biometrics. I had initially given my biometrics after I filed my AOS last year in July 2007. According to what I have read USCIS should be able to retrieve my biometrics from their Biometric storage system. Should I call USCIS and argue with them which may be futile. Or should I just bite the bullet and await the new biometric appointment. I would appreciate any input.
PD: 10/2002
I-140 - Approved Jan 2007
Category - EB3, ROW
more...
Edison99
09-30 12:15 PM
Thanks for the link!
Central Board of Excise and Customs (http://www.cbec.gov.in/)
Personally we never had problem carrying personal Jewelery.
Central Board of Excise and Customs (http://www.cbec.gov.in/)
Personally we never had problem carrying personal Jewelery.
deekay
06-21 11:21 AM
I came back to US on Mar 30 2008 using advance parole. The officer wrote on I-94 , paroled until Mar 29, 2008 (I am assuming its an oversight).
I didnt detect the oversight till yesterday. What my current status and what actions should I take to rectify the error.
I am still working for my employer that sponsored the H1B which is valid till Feb 2009
Thanks
I didnt detect the oversight till yesterday. What my current status and what actions should I take to rectify the error.
I am still working for my employer that sponsored the H1B which is valid till Feb 2009
Thanks
more...
wandmaker
03-28 11:28 PM
Many thanks for IV to get this fixed for students. I am student member of IV since 2007.
I have posted this message in other forums and urged the student community to join IV.
IV rocks!
Balan
^^^^^^
I have posted this message in other forums and urged the student community to join IV.
IV rocks!
Balan
^^^^^^
vxb2004
10-25 08:42 PM
USCIS is well behind updating the status online. My AP says "Pending", but I received an approval note from my attorney.
more...
h1techSlave
04-04 09:16 PM
I think most of the HR folks may not know what is an EAD. So they may fear EAD is some kind of illegal thingie and deny job. It is best to just say I am authorized work in the US and no further explanation need to be given.
Today at Boeing interview event I got very good offer. The HR lady congratulated me, kept offer letter in my hand. Then I told her that I'm an EAD holder. All my fear came true, and she said a big sorry and said EAD is not acceptable at any cost. Also she said, she can keep the offer in hold for me for 5 months. How can I expect green card in hand in 5 months. GOD don't give this situation to any one. just trying to reduce my pain here...
Today at Boeing interview event I got very good offer. The HR lady congratulated me, kept offer letter in my hand. Then I told her that I'm an EAD holder. All my fear came true, and she said a big sorry and said EAD is not acceptable at any cost. Also she said, she can keep the offer in hold for me for 5 months. How can I expect green card in hand in 5 months. GOD don't give this situation to any one. just trying to reduce my pain here...
chanduv23
05-21 01:14 PM
Thanks guys. I am going to Lake George by NY-Canada border and this seems like good info. But I am from NJ and we have the new tamper proof Drivers licenses which show immigration status and you need to produce all immigration papers to get one. Isn't that enough??
Carry ur passport and h1b ddocument - DL is not enough
Carry ur passport and h1b ddocument - DL is not enough
more...
raj3078
07-27 12:48 PM
If NSC had put all applications from July 2nd to July 17th on hold.
Did they open and timestamp it ? for received date ??????
If they did not , then I may be lucky.
Because my package had signatures and all other dates of June 29th . The day when we were planning to ship the package, but for july fiasco.
Do you guys think ? they might see this and enter it as received date ?
You answered your own question....If you are lucky then you will get it
Did they open and timestamp it ? for received date ??????
If they did not , then I may be lucky.
Because my package had signatures and all other dates of June 29th . The day when we were planning to ship the package, but for july fiasco.
Do you guys think ? they might see this and enter it as received date ?
You answered your own question....If you are lucky then you will get it
yestogc
03-11 03:56 PM
When you enter first time the IO @ POE will take you to a separate room (not for a interogation, but a routine process which they follow) ................ so keep all answers ready as what you will say if they ask (I am sure in todays date they will ask) are you with same employer, do you have a job, do you have recent paystubs and so on.
All I can suggest is do not fumble with words there rather than just be confident in what you speak and if he asks for documents what will you do then.
All I can suggest is do not fumble with words there rather than just be confident in what you speak and if he asks for documents what will you do then.
more...
Norristown
11-14 04:27 PM
Currently job market is little bit tight. Employers are asking for GC or citizenship.
By the time we seek perm job, EAD shows only remaining 6 months validity. That might scare some employers. Employers pay more for contractors than employees. So I see you mau get small hike in salary...
By the time we seek perm job, EAD shows only remaining 6 months validity. That might scare some employers. Employers pay more for contractors than employees. So I see you mau get small hike in salary...
amsgc
06-16 01:45 AM
I haven't had to get that fixed - sorry can't say.
more...
monkeyman
10-17 01:14 PM
No, you are expected to fill up all the forms and only once you confirm the appointment (I do not know how much time) - but you will be able to go back in later and print out all the forms. Or if you provide the e-mail id, the system automatically sends you the appointment confirmation along with DS-156 and DS-157.
bang
01-09 06:43 AM
My wife had recently changed her status from H4 to H1 and had applied her SSN and got it.
So i dont think there's any new rule.
if you have a valid I94 then it should not cause any issue
Sreedhar where did you apply for SSN ? ie which city ?
So i dont think there's any new rule.
if you have a valid I94 then it should not cause any issue
Sreedhar where did you apply for SSN ? ie which city ?
more...
baleraosreedhar
01-08 12:53 PM
My wife had recently changed her status from H4 to H1 and had applied her SSN and got it.
So i dont think there's any new rule.
if you have a valid I94 then it should not cause any issue
So i dont think there's any new rule.
if you have a valid I94 then it should not cause any issue
gc1024
07-17 06:46 PM
Another silly question.
Do I file again? My packet reached USCIS on July 2nd. It was not returned.
Do I file again? My packet reached USCIS on July 2nd. It was not returned.
tnite
06-18 04:04 PM
Under Part 3.
What should one put for
1. Nonimmigrant Visa number
2. Date Visa Issued
3. Consulate Where Visa was Issued.
I'm currently on a valid H1 extension with a valid I-94. My current visa on passport has expired. Anybody any ideas????
1.Non immigrant visa number : put the number on the expired H1B stamp (in red color).Do not put the control number
2.whenever the expired visa was issued
3.whereever it was issued.
I assume you renewed your H1b eventhough you'r H1b stamp expired.
What should one put for
1. Nonimmigrant Visa number
2. Date Visa Issued
3. Consulate Where Visa was Issued.
I'm currently on a valid H1 extension with a valid I-94. My current visa on passport has expired. Anybody any ideas????
1.Non immigrant visa number : put the number on the expired H1B stamp (in red color).Do not put the control number
2.whenever the expired visa was issued
3.whereever it was issued.
I assume you renewed your H1b eventhough you'r H1b stamp expired.
stemcell
02-11 11:55 AM
MOE
Please 'no more posts' and 'GOODBY' :D
Please 'no more posts' and 'GOODBY' :D
akred
07-07 12:57 PM
Rated 5 stars.
No comments:
Post a Comment