I3eXa
Apr 30, 08:51 PM
a little bump for you since I've been wondering if it's possible to do roughly the same thing with automator opening a program to convert a file once the file is downloaded.....
free bump for you, and me! :D
free bump for you, and me! :D
Chase R
Apr 1, 01:15 PM
this is mine right now but i am switching it later on today because the real opening day is today. RED SOX NATION!!!!
Original!?
I love the office!
Original!?
I love the office!

chris975d
Nov 19, 12:49 PM
Doubtful since their warranty does not transfer to a second hand buyer. If I were to buy an iPod and then sell it on ebay a few weeks later the new owner would not be covered.
That is where Apple COULD screw anyone buying iPads from TJ Maxx, if they wanted to. Since TJM isn't an authorized retailer, and if they are buying from a 3rd party (who, presumably IS an authorized retailer), TJ Maxx becomes the 1st owner of the product (no different than when an individual purchases from an authorized retailer). But Apple typically honors warranties even when it's not under the original purchaser, as I know I've sold an iPod touch to a friend and he's had it warranty replaced twice already. But then again, he's always said he was me when taking it to the Genius Bar, as it pulls up my info since it's registered to me. But I doubt Apple would do any of this (invalidating the warranties) due to the bad press they'd get.
That is where Apple COULD screw anyone buying iPads from TJ Maxx, if they wanted to. Since TJM isn't an authorized retailer, and if they are buying from a 3rd party (who, presumably IS an authorized retailer), TJ Maxx becomes the 1st owner of the product (no different than when an individual purchases from an authorized retailer). But Apple typically honors warranties even when it's not under the original purchaser, as I know I've sold an iPod touch to a friend and he's had it warranty replaced twice already. But then again, he's always said he was me when taking it to the Genius Bar, as it pulls up my info since it's registered to me. But I doubt Apple would do any of this (invalidating the warranties) due to the bad press they'd get.
Unspeaked
Nov 30, 11:23 AM
Not really, Tower Records wasn't working because they didn't move online with their catalogue quickly enough. The commercial real estate is getting way overpriced.
Else why is Virgin Megastore and HMV still around?
HMVs have been closed across the US, and even some Virgins have shut their doors.
I think Tower was just the first in line, not the exception to the rule...
Else why is Virgin Megastore and HMV still around?
HMVs have been closed across the US, and even some Virgins have shut their doors.
I think Tower was just the first in line, not the exception to the rule...
more...

rdowns
Mar 3, 10:05 AM
What is a TIMG tag, and how do you do it? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to derail this trainwreck of a thread.
A TIMG tag will reduce the size of the image and make it clickable so you can see a larger version.
Unless you're working on a tiny laptop screen the images do not extend past the normal width of the forum.
Almost half the traffic on the Internet comes from mobile devices. Again, it's common courtesy.
A TIMG tag will reduce the size of the image and make it clickable so you can see a larger version.
Unless you're working on a tiny laptop screen the images do not extend past the normal width of the forum.
Almost half the traffic on the Internet comes from mobile devices. Again, it's common courtesy.
cocky jeremy
Apr 4, 07:31 PM
Ok so ive just discovered the joys of Geektools today so ive been playing around with that. Got 3 variations running the same scripts but with different wallpapers.....
All very Apple based as you can probably tell! Think I prefer the first one!!
Mind posting a link to the original first picture? Searched with Tineye.. nothing. :(
All very Apple based as you can probably tell! Think I prefer the first one!!
Mind posting a link to the original first picture? Searched with Tineye.. nothing. :(
more...
Reach9
Mar 23, 10:33 PM
Sounds intuitively reasonable, do you have any good evidence to support this bold assertion, or just a feeling?
Trying, trying real hard.
Wow, just wow. Upon what do you base that assessment?
Really, what i'm saying is that dressing provocatively is not an invitation for rape. I feel that immature men misinterpret a provocative dress as an invitation. And immature women dress provocatively to get attention.
If a man is sexually driven to rape then dressing provocatively definitely doesn't help the situation.
Just my opinion.
My evidence? common sense through experiences, i've seen this situation enough.
Okay, what do you think about the Sharia Law?
Trying, trying real hard.
Wow, just wow. Upon what do you base that assessment?
Really, what i'm saying is that dressing provocatively is not an invitation for rape. I feel that immature men misinterpret a provocative dress as an invitation. And immature women dress provocatively to get attention.
If a man is sexually driven to rape then dressing provocatively definitely doesn't help the situation.
Just my opinion.
My evidence? common sense through experiences, i've seen this situation enough.
Okay, what do you think about the Sharia Law?

Auax
Apr 17, 10:27 PM
Try to see if there discussion helps:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2815056?threadID=2815056&tstart=0
They have the same issue you came accross.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2815056?threadID=2815056&tstart=0
They have the same issue you came accross.
more...

Reason077
Nov 20, 04:14 PM
Doubtful since their warranty does not transfer to a second hand buyer. If I were to buy an iPod and then sell it on ebay a few weeks later the new owner would not be covered.
This is indeed what Apple's warranty document says. However, that clause might not be enforceable/legal in some jurisdictions.
In practice, Apple have always honored their warranty regardless of whether you're the original owner.
This is indeed what Apple's warranty document says. However, that clause might not be enforceable/legal in some jurisdictions.
In practice, Apple have always honored their warranty regardless of whether you're the original owner.
illy123
Dec 8, 08:51 AM
Thank!
ChristMAC Icons: http://MDGraphs.deviantart.com/art/ChristMAC-icons-188611712?q=boost%3Apopular+ChristMAC&qo=0
Santa Mail: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=§ion=&global=1&q=santa+mail#/d2fmp4j
Bowtie-Christmas (used for iTunes): http://cl.ly/1F2u3a392N2t3n3Z2A1I
WP (don't know original source): http://cl.ly/0v1K210C1v1m1q053r05
Thanks very much! :D
ChristMAC Icons: http://MDGraphs.deviantart.com/art/ChristMAC-icons-188611712?q=boost%3Apopular+ChristMAC&qo=0
Santa Mail: http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=§ion=&global=1&q=santa+mail#/d2fmp4j
Bowtie-Christmas (used for iTunes): http://cl.ly/1F2u3a392N2t3n3Z2A1I
WP (don't know original source): http://cl.ly/0v1K210C1v1m1q053r05
Thanks very much! :D
more...
Ap0ks
Apr 6, 03:50 PM
I am assuming this is a cluster? I seriously doubt that would be enough space for every person to access their iTunes content via the cloud. The only conceivable way is if you were limited to the amount of space (like allocated into your 20GB default mobileme account). That would be weak.The original post doesn't say it will be used for customers to store their own files, only for Apple to store all the video content on the iTunes store. Each video file is only stored once so 12PB is probably more than enough for all the videos they currently have (you'd have to be a pretty lazy data architect not to account for growth in the original plan).
I'm sure they already have a large enough storage system for cloud storage/iDisk, or will be planning to expand or replace one soon.
I'm sure they already have a large enough storage system for cloud storage/iDisk, or will be planning to expand or replace one soon.

imoguy789
Dec 2, 09:00 PM
Winter theme!
more...
stridemat
Nov 19, 11:53 AM
I smell an impending cease and detest letter from Apple. This is of course the email above is legit.
ortuno2k
Jan 9, 04:09 PM
I was dissapointed, very dissapointed that there was no word on a new version of iWork, iLife and Leopard.
While the iPhone looks really nice, I could really care-less about one of them. The iTV...err, Apple TV doesn't catch my attention much either.
Overall 4/10 for the products released (I was expecting more), 8/10 for innovation.
While the iPhone looks really nice, I could really care-less about one of them. The iTV...err, Apple TV doesn't catch my attention much either.
Overall 4/10 for the products released (I was expecting more), 8/10 for innovation.
more...
TheSideshow
May 2, 12:32 PM
New malware is spreading through Google images to those who use Safari.
Apple Support - Heads Up/Warning Mac Defender (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3029310?start=0&tstart=0)
Bogus MacDefender malware campaign targets Mac users using Google Images (http://thenextweb.com/apple/2011/05/02/bogus-macdefender-malware-campaign-targets-mac-users-using-google-images/)
Apple Support - Heads Up/Warning Mac Defender (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3029310?start=0&tstart=0)
Bogus MacDefender malware campaign targets Mac users using Google Images (http://thenextweb.com/apple/2011/05/02/bogus-macdefender-malware-campaign-targets-mac-users-using-google-images/)
iBug2
Nov 12, 10:01 PM
I'm not complaining. On more than one occasion they forced the competition to offer more for less in order to compete and that's a great thing from a consumer perspective.
I think once Apple saw just how deep down the post production rabbit hole they'd have to go to meaningfully support and develop Shake they decided it would be too much effort for too little return so bye-bye Shake. It was too much of a niche w/in a niche for Apple, IMO.
Lethal
Possible, but they must have known that when they purchased a highly niche product aimed only at large FX houses.
Checked the article on QT, and I must say I didn't think it would take that long for Apple to iterate QTX to catch up with QT. Seems like we'll have to wait a "while". Although that's no reason to delay the FCS overhaul, it can still work through QTKit Server.
I think once Apple saw just how deep down the post production rabbit hole they'd have to go to meaningfully support and develop Shake they decided it would be too much effort for too little return so bye-bye Shake. It was too much of a niche w/in a niche for Apple, IMO.
Lethal
Possible, but they must have known that when they purchased a highly niche product aimed only at large FX houses.
Checked the article on QT, and I must say I didn't think it would take that long for Apple to iterate QTX to catch up with QT. Seems like we'll have to wait a "while". Although that's no reason to delay the FCS overhaul, it can still work through QTKit Server.
more...

Inhale420
Oct 30, 02:19 PM
no, but it's a good indicator that you're smoking crack.

Willis
Oct 12, 05:58 PM
www.mac.com
I think that answers the photoshop myth... BUSTED!!
I think that answers the photoshop myth... BUSTED!!
Grade
Aug 17, 06:04 PM
First post here.
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n122/Sebring98/Screenshot2010-08-17at113151AM.png?t=1282059195
Nice way to start at the forum.
I like the picture very much.
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n122/Sebring98/Screenshot2010-08-17at113151AM.png?t=1282059195
Nice way to start at the forum.
I like the picture very much.
JRoDDz
Apr 7, 11:06 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8G4)
25-30 years ago those were cool, even considered cutting edge, but compared with what is on the app store now, the Atari games suck. I'll pass. Not even worth 99 cents.
I agree.. they're good for about 5 minutes of entertainment.
25-30 years ago those were cool, even considered cutting edge, but compared with what is on the app store now, the Atari games suck. I'll pass. Not even worth 99 cents.
I agree.. they're good for about 5 minutes of entertainment.
lewis82
Oct 2, 10:08 AM
That Google page looks neat. How do you get it?
Padraig
Apr 23, 06:26 PM
Can anyone help me with needed instructions , to pair my I phone contacts with my Bose Bluetooth System. The phone is paired, but I cannot get the contacts to load into Bose System. Thanks Brett
Sorry can't help, but I'm kinda shocked that Ferrari would use something as poor as Bose. Really nice car though.:)
Sorry can't help, but I'm kinda shocked that Ferrari would use something as poor as Bose. Really nice car though.:)
AppleCode
Aug 16, 02:40 PM
Nice, I like it:D
From time to time I like to post a wallpaper I made here, so to here you go :)
Available in both light and dark versions.
Click to download
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/1357/applecodepreview.jpg (http://www.gadgetmac.com/picture/applecode%20%20adgetmac.com.jpg?pictureId=6414602)
Dark version download. (http://www.gadgetmac.com/picture/applecode%20stealth%20%20gadgetmac.com.jpg?pictureId=6418589)
Nice, I like it:D
Thank you!
From time to time I like to post a wallpaper I made here, so to here you go :)
Available in both light and dark versions.
Click to download
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/1357/applecodepreview.jpg (http://www.gadgetmac.com/picture/applecode%20%20adgetmac.com.jpg?pictureId=6414602)
Dark version download. (http://www.gadgetmac.com/picture/applecode%20stealth%20%20gadgetmac.com.jpg?pictureId=6418589)
Nice, I like it:D
Thank you!
daneoni
Mar 23, 11:46 AM
Probably saw the writing on the wall with Apple's recent 'Post-PC' direction, even more so with iOS's impending infiltration of Mac OS.
No comments:
Post a Comment