GCBy3000
07-25 05:25 PM
I got promoted to managerial position and I got depromoted back during my H1 extn time when the company attorney noticed the change in my title. He politiely conferenced me and HR and said it is not acceptable as my GC is pending unless otherwise my company is willing to put me back in the LC position during my AOS filing. My duties change d as my title change, but I was still doing 50% of what was explained in the LC. Again there was no other pun intended reason for my demotion to make it clear. Each attorney is different, but it scews the candidates since the company HR listens to them as they are liable for it.
Yes that is right the job responsibilities can increase. For my case the labor was filed for engineer position but I am on a manager level now and title has changed. My responsibilities have increased means i have all resp advertised + more and lawyer said OK.
Yes that is right the job responsibilities can increase. For my case the labor was filed for engineer position but I am on a manager level now and title has changed. My responsibilities have increased means i have all resp advertised + more and lawyer said OK.
jsb
03-27 09:31 AM
I agree about your comment on guest workers. But h1bs are also human beings. Rather than treating them like car imported from Japan treat them humane. Don't just think of h1bs as a number. There is a human being behind them. Its not easy to just uproot everything you have since last 10yrs and move back to where you came. This is not a treatment for a "guest".
Also how humane is this for a country touting horn of human rights all over the world (read Tibet/China)?
I agree and share your views on how someone should treat a guest, etc. But I just stated facts.
Regarding open letter to Obama mentioned above, I agree with it one hundred percent. Focus of the letter should be (i) workers are highly educated, (ii) they are legally working and paying taxes, (iii) they are approved for GC, and are simply waiting for completing work on adjustment of their status, (iv) administrative inefficiency. Remember when one files for AOS, a visa is supposed to be already available for you (although due to USCIS bungling that has not been the case).
Also how humane is this for a country touting horn of human rights all over the world (read Tibet/China)?
I agree and share your views on how someone should treat a guest, etc. But I just stated facts.
Regarding open letter to Obama mentioned above, I agree with it one hundred percent. Focus of the letter should be (i) workers are highly educated, (ii) they are legally working and paying taxes, (iii) they are approved for GC, and are simply waiting for completing work on adjustment of their status, (iv) administrative inefficiency. Remember when one files for AOS, a visa is supposed to be already available for you (although due to USCIS bungling that has not been the case).
ashismaity
08-30 10:48 AM
I travelled outside USA before the expiry of VISA date while 7th yr H1b extension is going on based on my labor.
Here is the dates for clarity.
my visa date was upto Oct, 2005. Applied for H1b Extension in May, 2005. Travelled in June, 2005. came back in July 2005. Got approval for 7th yr. after a few days after my arival.
Here is the dates for clarity.
my visa date was upto Oct, 2005. Applied for H1b Extension in May, 2005. Travelled in June, 2005. came back in July 2005. Got approval for 7th yr. after a few days after my arival.
senthil1
07-26 10:04 AM
I am not sure about changing H4 to F1 as F1 is dual intent visa. I am sure mostly your wife's F1 will be rejected at Consulate as her spouse is staying here but I am not sure about changing status from H4
to F1 here.
If you accept that you are taking some risk then it is fine. Sometimes all the 4 options may work against you. Also if your wife comes here within a few months then it may be ok. But if it takes 1 year or more then your company Lawyer is correct. Take advise of second lawyer
Also I did not hear anything about option 2.That is mainly for those who were out of status for less than 6 months
Hello everyone,
I got to know about this website recently and I wish I had known it earlier.
Anyway, I need advice/conformation
I got married recently outside the US. However, I did not come back with my wife b/c of a couple of reasons. And I cannot bring her here in the next 3 weeks. (My H1B is getting renewed...)
The company's lawyer is advising me not file for I-485 and wait till I become current again and apply with my wife then. (I am EB3 and my PD is March 2005)
After reading this web and others, if I go ahead and apply now the following are the choices that I have later. Please confirm if I am right or wrong
1. Get every document ready for my wife at all times and apply for I-485 immediately after I become current. As long as they receive her I-485 before they approve mine, she is going to be fine. She will be fine even if they receive her I-485 a day before they approve mine.
2. If my I-485 gets approved before my wife’s I-485 get there, under section 245(k), she has 180 days to send in her I-485 as long as PD is current. And there is no penalty and no other problem with this. She can stay in the country and wait for her I-485 to approve.
3. If I though that it was a grave mistake to apply for my I-485, I can withdraw it before it gets approved and reapply later with my wife’s when I become current again. No problem with this other than paying the fees again.
4. My wife and change her H4 to F1 any time she wants to as long as she goes to school full time. She could be on F1 and apply for I-485 when I become current (I feel uneasy on this one).
Please, let me know if what I listed above is right. These are the only choices that I have ready about. If there are more choices please, let me know that too. I have to make a decision by the end of tomorrow. Thank you all!
to F1 here.
If you accept that you are taking some risk then it is fine. Sometimes all the 4 options may work against you. Also if your wife comes here within a few months then it may be ok. But if it takes 1 year or more then your company Lawyer is correct. Take advise of second lawyer
Also I did not hear anything about option 2.That is mainly for those who were out of status for less than 6 months
Hello everyone,
I got to know about this website recently and I wish I had known it earlier.
Anyway, I need advice/conformation
I got married recently outside the US. However, I did not come back with my wife b/c of a couple of reasons. And I cannot bring her here in the next 3 weeks. (My H1B is getting renewed...)
The company's lawyer is advising me not file for I-485 and wait till I become current again and apply with my wife then. (I am EB3 and my PD is March 2005)
After reading this web and others, if I go ahead and apply now the following are the choices that I have later. Please confirm if I am right or wrong
1. Get every document ready for my wife at all times and apply for I-485 immediately after I become current. As long as they receive her I-485 before they approve mine, she is going to be fine. She will be fine even if they receive her I-485 a day before they approve mine.
2. If my I-485 gets approved before my wife’s I-485 get there, under section 245(k), she has 180 days to send in her I-485 as long as PD is current. And there is no penalty and no other problem with this. She can stay in the country and wait for her I-485 to approve.
3. If I though that it was a grave mistake to apply for my I-485, I can withdraw it before it gets approved and reapply later with my wife’s when I become current again. No problem with this other than paying the fees again.
4. My wife and change her H4 to F1 any time she wants to as long as she goes to school full time. She could be on F1 and apply for I-485 when I become current (I feel uneasy on this one).
Please, let me know if what I listed above is right. These are the only choices that I have ready about. If there are more choices please, let me know that too. I have to make a decision by the end of tomorrow. Thank you all!
more...
nozerd
09-07 10:09 AM
For LI you need to have worked with foreign company for at least 1 yr. I have worked for ABC USA for 7 yrs but not ABC Canada yet. I think for L1 I should work for ABC Canada for more than 1 yr.
Also when is the next lawyers call ? The last one it says was scheduled for 9/1 and its transcript is not posted. I would like to put this question to the lawyer.
Also when is the next lawyers call ? The last one it says was scheduled for 9/1 and its transcript is not posted. I would like to put this question to the lawyer.
Saralayar
07-28 09:09 PM
I'm getting fed up with people on this forum who assume that India is the only country from which people immigrate to the US, and always only mention the India dates when talking about cut off dates, and assume that are the only dates people want to talk about.
Even though India is by far the country of birth with the most high skilled immigrants to the US, it still takes up less than half of the number of high skilled immigrants. By some discussions going on on this forum, you would think 95% of the high skilled immigrants come from India.
Yes you are correct. Guys just like that start some heart breaking threads. Not doing proper research on such delicate and sensitive issues.
Even though India is by far the country of birth with the most high skilled immigrants to the US, it still takes up less than half of the number of high skilled immigrants. By some discussions going on on this forum, you would think 95% of the high skilled immigrants come from India.
Yes you are correct. Guys just like that start some heart breaking threads. Not doing proper research on such delicate and sensitive issues.
more...
Lasantha
09-06 02:41 PM
This is an interesting question. Hope someone would throw some light on this!
Ryall
09-05 02:23 AM
hye I dunno what all of your opinions are, but I think that pixel stretching and similar effects that are so popular now - can more easily take away from a picture then add to it.... just MHO - seems like people use it 'cuz it is "in"
Peace
Peace
more...
Savi
07-07 09:47 PM
And here is the answer (unless I haven't digged back far enough!)
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5990
BTW, I am curious as to who first proposed this idea.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5990
BTW, I am curious as to who first proposed this idea.
CADude
07-27 12:57 PM
You can't write 01/01/1995. In that case your check will be invalidated. Check expires after 180 days. :D :D
But you are correct for RD :)
I did not think of this. Otherwise I would have written the date in all the forms as 01/01/1995 to make the visa number available to me...:D
You may write any day, month and year in the forms. USCIS will have the time stamp when a package was actually received.
But you are correct for RD :)
I did not think of this. Otherwise I would have written the date in all the forms as 01/01/1995 to make the visa number available to me...:D
You may write any day, month and year in the forms. USCIS will have the time stamp when a package was actually received.
more...
gcformeornot
01-10 06:13 PM
please

vin13
03-11 03:20 PM
Hi All,
EB3-ROW PD: June 6, 2005
AOS application sent: July 1, 2007
I switched employent on December 2007. I didn't transfer H1-B so I am using my EAD to work for the new company. I didn't file for AC21 because I was worried about RFE or other type of complications.
My H1-b visa and I94 expired on May 2008. I am planning to visit my homecountry and come back on AP. As I understand all I need normally is AP+ passport+ I485 receipt. However, I also read some forum members recommending that we carry recent pay stubs and an employment letter from our company. I also read some that folks were asked if they were still working for the same company. My honest answer would be "no". I left my GC sponsoring firm (A) and joined company (B). So I wouln't have letters or pay stubs from company A. Would that be a problem at the POE? If I run into an IO that prefers to scrutinize, I might get into trouble. This really worries me. Again I switched jobs and never filed for AC21. Would I be at fault for not reporting the job change?
Thanks a lot for all your support!!
I changed jobs twice using AP. I filed AC21 first time. I did not file AC21 when i moved the second time. I am no longer on H1-B.
I entered US on AP couple of months ago. Passport and AP document are all you need.
At POE, I let the IO know that i am entering on AP. If not they may start to look for visa in the passport. Hand over the AP documents and passport. I was sent to secondary inspection(typical for AP holders. nothing to be concerned). They take the documents at the secondary inspection and ask to wait. Few minutes later, they call me and give me a stamped AP document, I-94 and passport.
My sincere advise, also take I-485 receipt notice, I-140 approval document, employment letter from current employer (few words describing your job duties and when you started),
and current pay stubs. All these are supporting documents only if they ask.
Changing jobs without informing USCIS is OK when you are using AC 21. There is no rule that you need to inform job changes.
Another smart thing to do would be in the employment letter also mention that this job is similar to the one applied for your green card. Again these are not mandatory just a good supporting document.
EB3-ROW PD: June 6, 2005
AOS application sent: July 1, 2007
I switched employent on December 2007. I didn't transfer H1-B so I am using my EAD to work for the new company. I didn't file for AC21 because I was worried about RFE or other type of complications.
My H1-b visa and I94 expired on May 2008. I am planning to visit my homecountry and come back on AP. As I understand all I need normally is AP+ passport+ I485 receipt. However, I also read some forum members recommending that we carry recent pay stubs and an employment letter from our company. I also read some that folks were asked if they were still working for the same company. My honest answer would be "no". I left my GC sponsoring firm (A) and joined company (B). So I wouln't have letters or pay stubs from company A. Would that be a problem at the POE? If I run into an IO that prefers to scrutinize, I might get into trouble. This really worries me. Again I switched jobs and never filed for AC21. Would I be at fault for not reporting the job change?
Thanks a lot for all your support!!
I changed jobs twice using AP. I filed AC21 first time. I did not file AC21 when i moved the second time. I am no longer on H1-B.
I entered US on AP couple of months ago. Passport and AP document are all you need.
At POE, I let the IO know that i am entering on AP. If not they may start to look for visa in the passport. Hand over the AP documents and passport. I was sent to secondary inspection(typical for AP holders. nothing to be concerned). They take the documents at the secondary inspection and ask to wait. Few minutes later, they call me and give me a stamped AP document, I-94 and passport.
My sincere advise, also take I-485 receipt notice, I-140 approval document, employment letter from current employer (few words describing your job duties and when you started),
and current pay stubs. All these are supporting documents only if they ask.
Changing jobs without informing USCIS is OK when you are using AC 21. There is no rule that you need to inform job changes.
Another smart thing to do would be in the employment letter also mention that this job is similar to the one applied for your green card. Again these are not mandatory just a good supporting document.
more...
meetpravee
04-17 11:49 AM
My passport expires in 6 months. What is the earliest time before passport expiry can I apply for my Indian passport renewal. How long will it take to process it.
mmk123
07-17 11:57 AM
Let me make it clear, I was NOT trying to bash any other community.
Also, please comment on how do EB legal community defend themselves against all this biased, baseless attacks.
I have nothing against any community, everyone comes with their own skill, position, timing, education, luck etc. I don't control that. I can only control my factors and contribute to the overall clause.
Being my concepts clear, will help me contribute more and justify it more. Hence instead of picking up on my arguments (when I have made my intentions clear), won't help much.
Also, please comment on how do EB legal community defend themselves against all this biased, baseless attacks.
I have nothing against any community, everyone comes with their own skill, position, timing, education, luck etc. I don't control that. I can only control my factors and contribute to the overall clause.
Being my concepts clear, will help me contribute more and justify it more. Hence instead of picking up on my arguments (when I have made my intentions clear), won't help much.
more...
sunny1000
07-23 01:38 AM
For Labor substitution cases, is there premium processing for I-140? Earlier, USCIS announced that from 05/18/2007 to 07/16/2007, it was stopping premium processing for Labor substitution cases. Any change now?
No PP for labor subs. No PP for other EB cases until 8/2/07 atleast. They may extend that because of the I-485 filings which will happen until 8/17.
No PP for labor subs. No PP for other EB cases until 8/2/07 atleast. They may extend that because of the I-485 filings which will happen until 8/17.
desi3933
06-18 04:30 PM
Under Part 3.
What should one put for
1. Nonimmigrant Visa number
2. Date Visa Issued
3. Consulate Where Visa was Issued.
I'm currently on a valid H1 extension with a valid I-94. The visa on passport has expired and I had got an extension within US. Anybody any ideas????
Mr. EndlessWait -
You extended your status, not visa. Please get your basics correct.
1. Nonimmigrant Visa number
Visa Number for the last issued visa (does not matter if is expired)
2. Date Visa Issued
Date of Issue for Visa in #1
3. Consulate Where Visa was Issued.
Place of Issue for Visa in #1
Good Luck
Please check and verify details with your attorney/lawyer. This is NOT a legal advice.
----------------------------------
Permanent Resident since May 2002
What should one put for
1. Nonimmigrant Visa number
2. Date Visa Issued
3. Consulate Where Visa was Issued.
I'm currently on a valid H1 extension with a valid I-94. The visa on passport has expired and I had got an extension within US. Anybody any ideas????
Mr. EndlessWait -
You extended your status, not visa. Please get your basics correct.
1. Nonimmigrant Visa number
Visa Number for the last issued visa (does not matter if is expired)
2. Date Visa Issued
Date of Issue for Visa in #1
3. Consulate Where Visa was Issued.
Place of Issue for Visa in #1
Good Luck
Please check and verify details with your attorney/lawyer. This is NOT a legal advice.
----------------------------------
Permanent Resident since May 2002
more...
hemasar
05-24 10:10 AM
I thought this would be the most appropriate place to post.
I am on my 3rd year of H1-B (non-technical field), just moved to a new company and was going to start my process toward getting a gc in the next month or so. Now, with all of this, I am very confused.
Do you folks think that it is most appropriate to sit tight and wait to see what happens? or to just go for it now?
I'd appreciate your input, as I have to make a decision soon.
If your employer is sponsoring your GC (LC and I140 by spending their money) then go for it.
I am on my 3rd year of H1-B (non-technical field), just moved to a new company and was going to start my process toward getting a gc in the next month or so. Now, with all of this, I am very confused.
Do you folks think that it is most appropriate to sit tight and wait to see what happens? or to just go for it now?
I'd appreciate your input, as I have to make a decision soon.
If your employer is sponsoring your GC (LC and I140 by spending their money) then go for it.
tnite
09-26 04:05 PM
Hi All,
NSC received my I765 applications on June 21st. I am still waiting for my EAD. I have seen many people from NSC got their approval for the same time frame. Is there anypone in the same boat. Is this something I should be worried about.
Thanks!
See my signature for NSC timeline for my I485
NSC received my I765 applications on June 21st. I am still waiting for my EAD. I have seen many people from NSC got their approval for the same time frame. Is there anypone in the same boat. Is this something I should be worried about.
Thanks!
See my signature for NSC timeline for my I485

pkd666
02-14 02:05 PM
Courts in NJ are not all that friendly to the employees in the case of a non-compete issue. I did some research in this regard when i was having trouble with my desi employer. If you were in California, you can just show him the finger, but NJ is different. If you did sign a non-compete agreement then i would suggest you try switching vendors and join the client after a while. but if you did not sign anything, then there is not much the employer can do.
ivar
03-12 09:57 AM
After a long 5 years I finally received 485 case approved letter for both my case and my spouse's case. However the online status still shows pending. Is this common?. How long would it take for the online case status to be updated.
EB2- PB Dec2003
485 Filed date: 08/02/07
Texas service center
Congratulations !! Enjoy.
EB2- PB Dec2003
485 Filed date: 08/02/07
Texas service center
Congratulations !! Enjoy.
IneedAllGreen
02-23 01:23 PM
My Wife is attending her graduate school here. There is no need to show other than H4 visa and in most states you can have resident fees paid for your spouse study. More you can get information from the school you are intersted for H4 visa holder. Hope this help you.
Thanks
IneedAllGreen
Thanks
IneedAllGreen
No comments:
Post a Comment